need UPS which brand??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
hi friends .,i need ups for my system(P4 + 17'' monitor)which one is better iball or some other ....price counts... budget is b/w 1.5-2k

can it work with my home inverter??:!::!:

((it gives backup to system but restarts when monitor is switched on/laptops work fine....n' no instant back up as light goes off pc restarts ))

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Reliable
2) Great support infrastructure
3) price for a 650VA should be around 3.2k

Don't go for those iballs and mercurys for UPS. they suck and very soon you will see issues (battery of power switching)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
APC..is great...was using a 650VA before, just got a 1100VA. Excellent.

650VA even has monitoring software via USB connection.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
I used to use APC until now, the only problem with it is that its costly. I bought my new computer and now I'm using I-ball. It works great and its cheap as well compared to APC.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
APC all the way,

i hv 2 UPS from APC (APC BACK UPS ES500 and APC SMART UPS SUA 1500i) , go with APC for complete peace of mind dude.. its worth tat extra bucks..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
true. I fell for the same cheap crap called Mercury and after few weeks it started malfunctioning. now using APC 500VA and have peace of mind.

vsrini40

Broken In
!0 days back, I purchased a Moserbaer UPS A600. Working nicely, with
frequent powercuts here in Chennai.

emmarbee

Journeyman
I've been recommending Microtek Double Battery to all my friends. And i like that very much. It has got long time backup.
Tested:
D930 processor + 945GNTL + samsung 173N (17" flat) + fifa game running on demo --> lasted for more than 30 mins on that battery.

I'm using the 800va i guess - u might opt for a lower one if ur pc is budget one with lower end video cards.

Of course, I've got some problems with it.
1) A brand new microtek UPS didn't give backup; It restarts the PC when there is a sudden power change. But if it is switched off, it'll work. I got it replaced.

2) The replaced one (after about an year) is giving the same problem again. Its not able to withstand the power requirements of my PC. I 'll replace it soon . . .

jeetu

Broken In
I've been recommending Microtek Double Battery to all my friends. And i like that very much. It has got long time backup.
Tested:
D930 processor + 945GNTL + samsung 173N (17" flat) + fifa game running on demo --> lasted for more than 30 mins on that battery.

I'm using the 800va i guess - u might opt for a lower one if ur pc is budget one with lower end video cards.

Of course, I've got some problems with it.
1) A brand new microtek UPS didn't give backup; It restarts the PC when there is a sudden power change. But if it is switched off, it'll work. I got it replaced.

2) The replaced one (after about an year) is giving the same problem again. Its not able to withstand the power requirements of my PC. I 'll replace it soon . . .

I bought same microtek double battery 800 VA UPS 18 months back. Its running good. I have decently loaded PC with 2 HDD , and 9600 GT and and couple od 120 mm fans.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I used Microtek 800VA double power its good , but when u update the PSU with Active PFC then the uPS is waste !!

Try to Get APC which is really good !!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

an ACTIVE PFC PSU needs (and its is a must) a PURE SINE WAVE UPS..

APC's SMART UPS range of UPSes are pure sine wave UPS and ideal for ACTIVE PFC PSUes.. :)

but... PURE SINE WAVE UPSes are way too costly than normal (Stepped/modified) sine wave UPSes and it is NOT recommended to use a stepped/modified sine wave ups for a ACTIVE PFC PSU as in future it will cause:

mobo unstability, "hiss..ss..ing" noises from the PSU (as if the psu is not able to draw full power), system unstability issues..
-------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Could you elaborate on that because recently i bought Cooler master Real Power Pro 660 W . It has active PFC.

U can use Square wave UPS also but u need sufficient watts to draw power from the UPS also better backup , Iam using APC1100va which is not Sine wave but the buzz sound comes but nothing problem , all u need is enough power

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup agreed.. :)

the hissing noise or any other problem are jus some of the problems faced by users adn its not fixed on all PCs.. hope u got the point.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom