need UPS which brand??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeetu

Broken In
Whats the price to 800 VA APC Sine wave UPS ?. So far i have heard no hissing noise but still its better to be careful then sorry.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^ Its nothing !! corsair dint not recommend to use sine wave with their PSu , though the PSU can convert voltage fluctuations to normal

Corsair warranty is really amazing that they give warranty if any damages caused by UPS - they said that no chance of damages due to square wave !!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Its nothing !! corsair dint not recommend to use sine wave with their PSu , though the PSU can convert voltage fluctuations to normal

Corsair warranty is really amazing that they give warranty if any damages caused by UPS - they said that no chance of damages due to square wave !!

Great thanks...love Corsair..! :)

Though -- not doubting you...where exactly did we hear/read that Corsair PSU need pure sine wave..is there any documentation..links..?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

wait, i remember reading such a doc online, but alas i dnt hv the link.. but yes wil surely post the source in a day or 2, promise.. :) (maybe i'll take an extract from corsair forums and post the link too) :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
-------------

see this --> Buzzing noise from PSU (Corsair forums) --_> *forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=75330 :)

also, read the Q.#4) about Active PFC, all Corsair HX PSUes are Active PFCs ---> *forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=52589

and here are the reviews of various Corsair PSUs (Sorry, jus posting links) :) hope u guys will be able to find ur PSU model here --> *forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=52612

-------------

Cheers n e-peace...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
-------------

see this --> Buzzing noise from PSU (Corsair forums) --_> *forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=75330 :)

also, read the Q.#4) about Active PFC, all Corsair HX PSUes are Active PFCs ---> *forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=52589

and here are the reviews of various Corsair PSUs (Sorry, jus posting links) :) hope u guys will be able to find ur PSU model here --> *forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=52612

-------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Hey thanks a lot for this. First thread is interesting. Will try those changes, and post back here. The 2nd two are good and informative.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have a apc 500va ups but it's backup is very poor just 1-2 minutes. my machine config is c2d e7400, hd4850 512mb, ddr2 800, seagate 500gb and 2 250gb external drives along with cm 600watt psu.

what's the problem?

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
i have a apc 500va ups but it's backup is very poor just 1-2 minutes. my machine config is c2d e7400, hd4850 512mb, ddr2 800, seagate 500gb and 2 250gb external drives along with cm 600watt psu.

what's the problem?

The above situation is happening..when..at full load..or normal Idle..?

I guess THIS is the model you are using. It has a max output of 300W (Full load) which it can sustain for around 3.3 minutes.

At load: (rough figures/not exact)
4850 ~133W
E7400 ~65W
HDD ~12.5W
Monitor ~30W, RAM (nothing to do with load/idle)
RAM ~ 10W

And of course the PSU and E-HDDs, USBs, IDE Drive will also bleed some WATT load from the UPS. You are hitting the threshold of 3.3 mins, so the UPS cannot sustain it long.

This is something we in India should be careful off. We plan ahead (which is really really good), for a good PSU. But forget that the PSU pulls direct feed from our UPS (most of us use a UPS in India --- bad power uptime). Same thing happend with me..I got a TX650 and set up a cross fire system, and then realized that my APC 650VA (max 390W) cannot support the system at full load. Had to go get a new UPS.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey thanks a lot for this. First thread is interesting. Will try those changes, and post back here. The 2nd two are good and informative.

mention not.. :)

actually, i was gonna get a Corsair PSU for my core i7 system (in my siggy) but then got the Tagan PSU (wich is on the same lines as corsair) , so hence was reading all those forums and was able to provide u guys with the links.. :)
-----------

Cheers n e-peace....

bazee

Right off the assembly line
Intex 800Va should do just fine. Will backup your comp around 20 minutes. Price is Rs. 2500 (appx.)

bazee

Right off the assembly line
hi friends .,i need ups for my system(P4 + 17'' monitor)which one is better iball or some other ....price counts... budget is b/w 1.5-2k

can it work with my home inverter??:!::!:

((it gives backup to system but restarts when monitor is switched on/laptops work fine....n' no instant back up as light goes off pc restarts ))

Intex 800Va should do just fine. Will backup your comp around 20 minutes. Price is Rs. 2500 (appx.)

I've got my entire system hooked up to my APC Back-Ups RS 1200, including my Powered Alesis Studio monitors. Doesn't cause any problems with the UPS.

I would go with APC since they have great customer service and support.
I had a 4 year old APC Back-Ups 1100 go bad on me, exchanged a couple of emails and they sent me a new Back-ups RS 1200 overnight for free. I didn't even have to pay shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom