Need to know about N96

Status
Not open for further replies.

subir12

Broken In
Come to think of it, if one looks at an informed buyer making a rationale choice then the decision will never be just driven by whether I get a touch screen or a different looking phone or extra couple of pixels.

I guess, it’s about how feature rich the phone is, the performance, storage, whether it serves my purpose, price vs. features and to some extent the looks.

The n96 has always been compared with iphone – god knows for what and some of the other similar phones available in this range.

Considering that most of these options are at par with the major difference being form factor, I don’t seem to understand the logic behind “getting into n96 design bashing” all the time without any logical argument on features etc.

Can anyone run down the complete list of features if any one really knows for N96? (Please do not copy paste from specifications available on the net)

The attempt is not to misguide consumers.

Do I hear something?

P.S. Looking for a healthy debate

MasterMinds

hell boy
Main samajh chuka hun iska matlab.....! Dream ko bulao karets ko bulao aur krazzy ko bi....Aur sabhi crazy ho jao...K.K(krazy and krates) tum log n96 k favour main aur dream against! Main bhi a jaunga beech main.....Lol

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Main samajh chuka hun iska matlab.....! Dream ko bulao karets ko bulao aur krazzy ko bi....Aur sabhi crazy ho jao...K.K(krazy and krates) tum log n96 k favour main aur dream against! Main bhi a jaunga beech main.....Lol

Prepared stuff to post :lol: abhi ek saathi kam hai ruk jao abhi dream and krazzy saath aana :p

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Come to think of it, if one looks at an informed buyer making a rationale choice then the decision will never be just driven by whether I get a touch screen or a different looking phone or extra couple of pixels.

I guess, it’s about how feature rich the phone is, the performance, storage, whether it serves my purpose, price vs. features and to some extent the looks.

The n96 has always been compared with iphone – god knows for what and some of the other similar phones available in this range.

Considering that most of these options are at par with the major difference being form factor, I don’t seem to understand the logic behind “getting into n96 design bashing” all the time without any logical argument on features etc.

Can anyone run down the complete list of features if any one really knows for N96? (Please do not copy paste from specifications available on the net)

The attempt is not to misguide consumers.

Do I hear something?

P.S. Looking for a healthy debate

Well some of the important features of N96 that I know of are:
2.8" 16M colour QVGA display
5mp camera with auto-focus, Carl Zeiss optics, twin LED flash and VGA resolution video recording at 30fps
Dedicated music keys and 3.5mm headphone jack
DVB-H
16gb built-in memory + microSD slot for further 32gb
Stereo loudspeakers
N-Gage gaming
Integrated kickstand for placing the phone at a comfortable angle to watch videos
Dedicated audio chip

Rest everything is similar to N95 8gb.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
let's start

Innov got crap looks !@! + 10000000000000000000000000000 when it is seen infront of a N96

N96 will tak better pics then Innov8 I N NIGHT WITH IT'S DUAL LED FLASH then the n00bish led flash :lol: atleast it will be par with innov8 at night :lol:

Innov 8gb version will cost more than 16 gb N96

N96 got DVB-H atleast you will not have to rang up to your home to ask match score (match comes on national atleast :lol:)

Innov8 blabber it's features just like china do ......

it even got a video stand that is what i like more

bhaiyo support karna !@!

OP
S

subir12

Broken In
btw.. is post ka matlab tha ke

to understand whether everyone's clued on to N96..

I guess we haven't spoken about it as yet apart from a few things...

pathik.. don't mind... that picture is scary ... and by the way why r u always so fixed on N82??

plz take a closer look.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I'll say that Innov8 has killed N96 in the camera megapixel and also in other camera features department.

It also got face detection, smile detection, and even blink detection to prevent photos of people blinking....

Single Flash may be a down point but lets see....a single stronger LED flash called Photoflash of SE is stronger than normal LED flashs....may be Innov8 got a stronger LED flash than the both N96 flashes......Well, we'll see.

Plus, people were arguing against C905 that it isn't a smartfone. Well, if someone requires an 8mp camera smartphone, he or she may go for Innov8.

Plus, Innov8 also got 3D hardware accelerator which AFAIK, N96 is lacking. (Do correct me on this)

And yeah, SE are also coming up with an 8mp Symbian UIQ smartphone, which will have a Xenon flash...It is going to kill Innov8.......:D

TV broadcast is a good feature but I feel that it is going to drain a hell lot of battery, but still it can't be neglected.

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Well, I'll say that Innov8 has killed N96 in the camera megapixel and also in other camera features department.

It also got face detection, smile detection, and even blink detection to prevent photos of people blinking....

Flash may be a down point but lets see....a single stronger LED flash called Photoflash of SE is stronger than normal LED flashs....may be Innov8 got a stronger LED flash than the both N96 flashes......Well, we'll see.

Plus, people were arguing against C905 that it isn't a smartfone. Well, if someone requires an 8mp camera smartphone, he or she may go for Innov8.

And yeah, SE are also coming up with an 8mp Symbian UIQ smartphone, which will have a Xenon flash...It is going to kill Innov8.......:D

TV broadcast is a good feature but I feel that it is going to drain a hell lot of battery, but still it can't be neglected.
So does the N96 beat the highly anticipated and over-hyped iPhone 3G?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
let's start

Innov got crap looks !@! + 10000000000000000000000000000 when it is seen infront of a N96

N96 will tak better pics then Innov8 I N NIGHT WITH IT'S DUAL LED FLASH then the n00bish led flash :lol: atleast it will be par with innov8 at night :lol:

Innov 8gb version will cost more than 16 gb N96

N96 got DVB-H atleast you will not have to rang up to your home to ask match score (match comes on national atleast :lol:)

Innov8 blabber it's features just like china do ......

it even got a video stand that is what i like more

bhaiyo support karna !@!

LOL.N96 ke discussion mein Innov8 kaha se aa gaya bhai??
The biggest drawback of the N96 is its battery.A huge device by all fronts and such a crap battery to support its power requirements.You would have to charge it twice daily atleast.this is the main reason why the original N95 as criticized for.

Then, the design is an exact copy of the N81 with a dual slider.Now we all know the N81 has pathetic build problems.So, N96 does not come from clear ground.

Then, not much of an improvement from the n95. DVB is a growing technology and has no major applications in the present market.Most channels are not telecast on air except the national channels, quality of which is still under speculation.

As design goes.Those who liked the N81 would like it.Me for one, feels that it totally sucks. A fingerprint magnet and cheap looks.

Comparing to the innov8, the n96 loses on all fronts. Yea krate, the innov8 has dual led too. :lol:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
And yeah, don't forget.....the 8mp SE smartphone is Symbian UIQ, it is definitely going to have a Touch Screen.........:D

Innov8 killed again. :D

Comparing to the innov8, the n96 loses on all fronts. Yea krate, the innov8 has dual led too. :lol:
Then its good...Sometimes its better not to have faith on Krates...:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom