Need to buy 32 Inch LCD tv..Help pls

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys,i have had a crt tv for more than 5 years & have finally decided to buy an lcd this diwali....since this is my first time buying an lcd,hopefully you guys can help me out...I was thinking of a 32inch LCD TV or 37 inch(depending if it fits the budget)..which model to go for??My requirements are first it should be a high definition screen that is 1080p,second is the pen drive facility where i can play any movie from it(Not sure about this feature but i saw my friends lcd having this feature)...i am also planning to wall mount the lcd..so guys could you help me out here..my budget is about Rs 50000....Pls suggest..thanks

i had gone to ezone in chembur today...enquired about few things..i found this model they were giving on offer..it is LG 42LD460 which had a price of about 52000 but he is offering at 48000 bucks..is it worth it???Can anyone suggest one pls

was looking through some forums...some of the ones which i shortlisted are Samsung 40C530,LG 42LD460,Samsung 40C550(if below 50k)

GAAAH!!no replies... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Gollum

Collector
first off you should also look on other details of an lcd tv like whether it is a regular lcd or an LCD with LED backlight(LED TV).
Next check the connectivity options. If its expensive it should have 3 or more HDMI sockets.
dvd conponent in
compsite in and out
PC vga in
Also check the response time and viewing angles supported by it.

Some brands sell 1080i by the name of 1080HD so make sure its 1080p
[1080p/i=1920x1080(16:9)progressive/interlace]

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
first off you should also look on other details of an lcd tv like whether it is a regular lcd or an LCD with LED backlight(LED TV).
Next check the connectivity options. If its expensive it should have 3 or more HDMI sockets.
dvd conponent in
compsite in and out
PC vga in
Also check the response time and viewing angles supported by it.

Some brands sell 1080i by the name of 1080HD so make sure its 1080p
[1080p/i=1920x1080(16:9)progressive/interlace]

Thanks for your advice..will look into it..is it possible to advice any models??

Gollum

Collector
I myself don't have a tv. So i can't suggest any model to you. But check out the review of your desired model. Tv's have a lot more functionality than computer monitors. Also look for a tv with a good remote. A badly designed remote will give you headaches while operating the tv.

alfieabel

Right off the assembly line
I choose would be between the Samsung and Sony LCD TV.In the Pictures quality both looks same and more important thinks is Sony and the Samsung using the Same Display Panel that is made out by the Korea.Might the price would be different.......

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I choose would be between the Samsung and Sony LCD TV.In the Pictures quality both looks same and more important thinks is Sony and the Samsung using the Same Display Panel that is made out by the Korea.Might the price would be different.......

This is something i don't get..i was browsing through techenclave for this matter & almost everyone either suggest a samsung or sony...what about LG?y do people hate LG??Otherwise any model in mind

Edit:-Now i am looking for 40/42" LCD & not 32

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ignore Sony + fans. Overhyped and overpriced.

Samsung and LG are equivalent in price, features and quality.

I have an LG Scarlet 2.0 32" LCD TV which I had bought one year ago and it was the best I could get in 40k (at that time). Samsung is equally good.

Then I had my cousin, who used to talk about how I should have bought a Sony when he hadn't seen my TV. Now when he went to buy an LED TV, he got LG and agrees with me.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Go for LG. I have a 32" LCD TV from LG and it rocks. You can read review of a 47" LG here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/1...0-htib-lg-lh70-47-lcd-panasonic-bd60-brp.html

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good thing about LG and Samsung is that they give DivX support (USB devices) which Sony doesn't Sony only runs AVI without DivX (in your budget), iirc. [Sony Bravia EX series]

You won't be getting 42" LED LCD TV in 50k.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
thanks @ico & liverpool fan....i had gone to ezone in mumbai & they offered LG42LD460 for 48000 bucks...A forum in techenclave says lg has poor contrast ratio..is that true???Also since i plan to play mkv/h264/avi/mp4...will these be compatible via usb if i connect it to the tv..will it work?Does it accept such formats??

Also one more thing..this is kind of a stupid question since i am a first time buyer in this..but can we connect pc speakers to a tv??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll actually not suggest you anything and I'll also advise you to NOT believe anything me or anyone at TechEnclave has said to you. I'll rather want you to go and check out the various models which you have shortlisted yourself. :)

If the TV has a 3.5mm jack, only then you can use PC speakers.

*www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/lcd-tv/LG-42LD460.jsp

LG 42LD460 has pretty decent speakers built-in.
Also since i plan to play mkv/h264/avi/mp4...
These will not be. Only DivX in the AVI container format.

Consider getting WD TV HD if you want every format to be played. *www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=30 (to be used with a Storage media)

Last edited:

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
I've checked with few Series 5 Samsung LCD's with my HDD on an external USB case, they play h.264 1920x1080 upto L4.1 on mkv, avi and mp4 containers with dts/ac3/aac/mp3 audio. Also is DivX n XviD. Check this out if u wanna play more from USB.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
samsung and LG both have almost same display quality.. bt LG picture quality is more brighter..
n yeah Sony LCD's is much better than samsung LCD in sound quality...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys thanks a lot for your valuable help...did a lot of research...finally have decided to go with LG 42 LD460...it seems to have better contrast,good sound....also tested out with my pen drive formats like mkv & h264 based..it played those smoothly..one of the lg guy said it is Divx HD ready..what does it mean???Does it mean then that it can play avi/mp4 smoothly...I was really inclined towards samsung 40c530 but its 2000 bucks more than the lg one..& lg is IPS panel...is there anything else i need to see in an lcd...i plan to buy it this week

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i need to ask two more things...first of all can i connect an external HDD in a lcd tv & can i connect a blue ray player on the lcd??What ports do they use???

& yes...what does DIVX HD mean???

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ there's a USB port in the LCD tv where you can connect the external HD. Use the USB extension cord which LG has provided. Blue Ray Player will connect to the HDMI port, I reckon.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
^ there's a USB port in the LCD tv where you can connect the external HD. Use the USB extension cord which LG has provided. Blue Ray Player will connect to the HDMI port, I reckon.

Thanks for your response...regarding the external HDD...wanted to know whether it will be able to read it as in compatibility thing..if so,then awesome... :)...thanks for the blue ray answer..feel a lot better now...thanks again

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
Hi,

U mean FAT32/NTFS?

Well, Some support NTFS and some may not. I've seen some models from LG and Samsung reading NTFS partitions while others not. Check it urselves if u have any concerns.

Top Bottom