NEED THE BEST SMARTPHONE WITHIN 19k! URGENTLY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anish9218

Journeyman
1. Budget?
15000. Max 18000.
2. Display type and size?
3.5'-4.0'
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Flash, Autofocus, Front Facing cam
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G, Wifi everything. Bluetooth FTP should be supported.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
All.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Normal Day to day uses- Calls, Web Surfing and texting. Gaming occasionally.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Xperia U, Sony Xperia Ray, Sony Neo L.
12. Any other info that you want to share
I got the list down to Neo L and Xperia U but have read many reviews that Neo L is very laggy and slow. Not having HDMI port is not a problem but a laggy phone always irritates me. On the other hand Xperia U has a good processor but lack of expandable memory slot. Waiting for Miro wont do any good because it has even weaker processor(800Mhz). Other brands like Samsung don't even have a good phone in that range and I do not want any HTC phones. I had enough laggy experience with them. Please help me out guys.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Sony Xperia Sola it is.
U can also check out XOLO X900.blows away xperia sola and other phones in the same price range as far as performance is concerned.

OP
A

Anish9218

Journeyman
sorry for the late reply guys (had no internet access for sometime). I want secondary camera. So that will rule out Xperia Sola. But I can increase the budget to 22-24k max(hopefully or else have to stick to 19k). Beyond that is not possible at all. But I am considering other phones also like Samsung Galaxy S Advance but read that it will remain Gingerbread only :(
What do you guys say about Xperia P and Xperia U??

daksh

Journeyman
Xperia U has fixed 4gb storage for media and 2gb for apps. Xperia P has a pathetic battery life and a week processor for its price. Go for Sensation or Atrix 2 if your budget is 22k. Both of these are better than xperia P in every sense.

aroraanant

Explorer
Xperia P is a nice phone, do have a look at it.
Apart from that Sensation XE is available for 24k which is a great deal so you can get that also.

OP
A

Anish9218

Journeyman
But doesnt the xperia U have the best processor in its range?? Im confused. Ive read reviews that below 19k it has the most powerful processor(dual core) and battery is average considering its Android. But Xperia P which has specs better than U has even lower battery then U!!
Sensation XE is 26k on flipkart, thats beyond my budget guys :(

nvo2411

Right off the assembly line
Go for Sony arc S will get for 19 grands. Sometimes single core cocked at higher frequency is better than dual core cocked at lower frequency.

daksh

Journeyman
If you're willing to spend 22k then its better to spend either on Atrix 2 or Sensation. Both are much better than xperia P.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Care to explain how the Xperia P has weak performance compared to Sensation and Atrix 2 ? Have you seen Xperia P ICS benchmarks? It scores higher than Atrix 2 and Sensation in most benchmarks.

An overclocked Sensation with a good custom ROM will beat the P black and blue in benchmarks no doubt but stock they are very similar. And the Atrix 2 is definitely not a better performer than the P. It scores lower in every benchmark.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Xperia P is overpriced imo it has a weak processor at that price segment(Have xperia U that's why saying)So if you are spending about 23-24 then get Sensation or S2 don't waste your precious money on xperia P get Get Xperia U imo its almost the same.(Just a small screen and less ram otherwise all are same).

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
The Xperia U and P have the same chipset on paper but they are not actually one and the same. The Xperia U/Sola/Go U8500 is a slightly more underclocked version whereas in the P it works to its full potential. Which is why you notice that the U/Sola/Go cannot playback 1080p videos like other dual core devices can, but the P plays back 1080p videos smoothly.

daksh

Journeyman
^

Care to explain how the Xperia P has weak performance compared to Sensation and Atrix 2 ? Have you seen Xperia P ICS benchmarks? It scores higher than Atrix 2 and Sensation in most benchmarks.

An overclocked Sensation with a good custom ROM will beat the P black and blue in benchmarks no doubt but stock they are very similar. And the Atrix 2 is definitely not a better performer than the P. It scores lower in every benchmark.

Xperia P has novathor u8500 which has a SINGLE core mali 400 unlike multi core ones in S2/s3/Note. Atrix 2 has the omap 4430 which has powervr sgx540( the one in galaxy nexus) and the sensation has Qualcomm S3 with adreno 220. Both of these smoke the **** outta mali 400 single core easily. I suggest you to head over to verge's review of Xperia P to check that mali 400 singlecore performs worse than an adreno 205 let alone adreno 220. Also they have compared it to galaxy nexus and even though GN has much higher res than xperia P it still gets better fps in benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom