Need Suggestion for the SLI setup

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys I am planning to upgrade the current gpu performance for upcoming title so that i can enjoy without slowness or low fps.

Currently i am owning gtx 560 ti 1gb ram. I am planning to add one more with 1.2gb ram. not sure if this works out.

Secondly can you let me know if this setup can be compared to current gen model in NVIDIA and AMD.

Will it be suffice for say next 1 year of gaming.

My detailed spec in the signature below. 15 2500k, 8gb 1600 mhz & corsair 800w . Hope psu and cpu is enough to handle the 2 cards.

I had used 2x hd 5770 its easy for it. But those were one corded psu . Now i am going to use all 4 pci e for running these 2 .

Advise on this. I am getting a deal for the second card so not going to invest 10k or so less than that.

Hope this will be suffice.

Counting on you guys.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
In my opinion, your 2x 560 ti will perform almost at par with GTX 660 Ti and in some benches GTX 670 too. If you can sacrifice heat, power, noise, little stuttering then GTX 560 ti SLI is best bet :)

Getting GTX 560 ti @ 10k is still a best deal as of now.

akky89

Journeyman
@OP
You would have more heat, noise and power consumption when using a GTX 560 ti SLI, but the performace will be on par with gtx 670 or may be little more.
There may be some driver issues but not on the famous titles. And your cpu and psu are more then capable of handling this kind of setup.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I have very good cooling setup and recently i cleared all the cables and giving enough airflow for the same with about 4 pull and 4 push close to 8 fans in place in my 400 R.

I believe i had not face much stuttering in AMD not sure on NVIDIA.

But i am getting less than 10k for the second one.

akky89

Journeyman
with that you can take care of heat not noise and power consumption but at that price point its seems to be a great deal.
so if you don't have any problem with that noise and power consumption then go for it, you'll get good performance increase
i.e high fps - more or less equal to gtx 670 :)

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I have only concern is that current is 1gb vram and other is 1.250 vram not sure if this is going to affect any performance.

Which should i set as primary.

I have only concern is that current is 1gb vram and other is 1.250 vram not sure if this is going to affect any performance.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
In SLI system will mirror the VRAMs i.e. system will actually see only 1GB VRAM where as you have 1GB + 1.25GB (like RAID0 setup we use for storage). The lower of the capacities/memory speeds/core clocks will be forced in SLI mode. The additional 0.25GB wont be used in SLI in your case.
Set any one of them as primary... doesn't matter.

panwala95

In the zone
Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?

When purchasing a second graphics card, you should try to match the memory size so that you are ensured full value and performance from your purchase. However, while it is not recommended, NVIDIA does offer the flexibility to run graphics cards with different sized memory by using CoolBits. Using CoolBits (value set to 18), you can force both of the cards to use the lower of the two memory sizes and operate them together in SLI mode. When dissimilar memory sizes are enabled to work together using CoolBits, the effective memory size for each card becomes the smaller of the memory sizes.
quoted from nvidia website
toally true!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Yes, you can SLI them, and it won't have any negative effect over the performence.

Top Bottom