Rockstar11

Technomancer
Hi. i plan to buy "High Optical Zoom" Digital camera around 13k-14k

Optical Zoom: 21x or more with Recording of HD movies with stereo sound
can operate the optical zoom during video recording

which is the best??

Nikon Coolpix L120 Point & Shoot
(Black)

Nikon Coolpix L120: 14.1 Megapixels: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

Olympus SP 610UZ Point & Shoot
(Black)

Olympus SP 610UZ: 14 Megapixels: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

i need high optical zoom, high quality video recording with stereo sound.
So please suggest which one to go for..

Last edited:
OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
4 x AA battries good or Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12?

Nikon Coolpix S9100 Point & Shoot
(Black)

Nikon Coolpix S9100: 12.1 Megapixels: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

i think this one is good for Video recording!!!

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
It seems the best choice for you will be Nikon S9100 :)

hmmm... but optical zoom is 18x :confused:

Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

*snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-L120-vs-nikon-s9100

*www.dpreview.com/products/compare/...l120&products=nikon_cps9100&sortDir=ascending

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Check Fuji S3300.

*www.fujifilm.in/products/consumer-products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s3300/specifications/

It has better zoom range, shoots HD but records mono sound.

And Panasonic FZ35

LUMIX DMC-FZ35 | Panasonic

Although it's zoom range is shorter than L120 it shoots RAW, has larger aperture, and uses Li-on batteries (This is a plus if your budget is tight)

It's not I am suggesting these, but it's worth considering.

But L120, S330 and 610 are using 4xAA batteries. I don't know whether the bundle comes with rechargeable batteries and quick charger. If not, you have to spend some money buying these. It's better to have two set of batteries. So you have to buy 8xAA batteries and a quick charger. This will cost around Rs. 2000/-. Consider this too when you are picking the model.

sujoyp

Grand Master
FZ35 was discontinued long back and there is no stock in most shops :(

Bro 18x is enough :)

ok The Nikon L120 is good but just that it dont have any manual control ...but if zoom and video recording is important go for it..it records 1280x720

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Check Fuji S3300.

*www.fujifilm.in/products/consumer-products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s3300/specifications/

It has better zoom range, shoots HD but records mono sound.

And Panasonic FZ35

LUMIX DMC-FZ35 | Panasonic

Although it's zoom range is shorter than L120 it shoots RAW, has larger aperture, and uses Li-on batteries (This is a plus if your budget is tight)

It's not I am suggesting these, but it's worth considering.

But L120, S330 and 610 are using 4xAA batteries. I don't know whether the bundle comes with rechargeable batteries and quick charger. If not, you have to spend some money buying these. It's better to have two set of batteries. So you have to buy 8xAA batteries and a quick charger. This will cost around Rs. 2000/-. Consider this too when you are picking the model.

thanks for the Fuji S3300... nice camera. actually i want to record some musical show thats why i need high quality video with stereo sound capture.

FZ35 was discontinued long back and there is no stock in most shops :(

Bro 18x is enough :)

ok The Nikon L120 is good but just that it dont have any manual control ...but if zoom and video recording is important go for it..it records 1280x720

FZ35 was discontinued :(

Bro this is my first and last cam so i want all rounder camera... :)
HD Video recording with stereo sound with Max Optical Zoom

can you please check nikon-s9100 and tell me is this good model?
any problem with this model?
thanks

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think you should read these 2 reviews :)
Nikon Coolpix S9100 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Nikon Coolpix S9100 Review | PhotographyBLOG

FZ35, FZ38 both discontinued...if u can somehow streach budget to 20k then u have some excellent choices Panasonic FZ40, Sony Hx100V, Fujifilm HS20, Nikon P500

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
I think you should read these 2 reviews :)
Nikon Coolpix S9100 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Nikon Coolpix S9100 Review | PhotographyBLOG

FZ35, FZ38 both discontinued...if u can somehow streach budget to 20k then u have some excellent choices Panasonic FZ40, Sony Hx100V, Fujifilm HS20, Nikon P500

user Comments
#30 H. Schmitz (NL)

Nikon 9100 is not so good.
Photo’s, taken in bright very sunny daylight, are great. Zooming to the (optical)max also still gives good photo’s.
Stabalizing at full zoom is super.
But .. when daylight is heavy clouded, quality drops significantly. Blur, not focussed, lots of noise.
Night pictures, or photo’s in a medium lit room pictures without flash are simply bad.

And then video .. How can it be that video is showing more than 0.5 sec. delay than the audio?
Also, why is the microphone on top? The video is at the front, so should be the mic’s. Now you hear more sounds from around than from what you’re filming. Too many photo’s and all video’s on Nikon 9100 are NO fun to watch.
For me the Nikon Coolpix 9100 failed.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
But .. when daylight is heavy clouded, quality drops significantly. Blur, not focussed, lots of noise.
Night pictures, or photo’s in a medium lit room pictures without flash are simply bad.

These r the normal problems of any point and shoot....even those I have used...quality drops and noise increases coz ISO increases ....u r bound to use flash indoors...thats also normal

ok I have no idea about audio delay in video...mic is in top in most cameras even my DSLR
How about increasing the budget??possible??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy,
:(
If it's discontinued why it's still in the official site. I thought it would be much reliable than third party site.

Rocky,
As FZ35 went out of the league and Olympus, Fuji lacks a key feature which you are looking for, I don't think we have left with this two Nikons.

We now compare this two alone.

S9100
+CMOS Sensor
+Manual Focus
+Faster shooting
+Shoots Full HD
+Li-on

-Smaller Aperture
-Shutter speed (both min and max)
-Smaller zoom range
-12 MP

L120

+14MP
+Better zoom range
+Better shutter speed (both min and max)
+Larger aperture

-Manual focus
-Lacks spot metering
-Shoots slower
-CCD sensor

Note: I just pointed out what I think are the key things. I didn't feel some of the + of one is not the - of others and vice versa.

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
These r the normal problems of any point and shoot....even those I have used...quality drops and noise increases coz ISO increases ....u r bound to use flash indoors...thats also normal

ok I have no idea about audio delay in video...mic is in top in most cameras even my DSLR
How about increasing the budget??possible??

thanks.. its ok for image..

my main reason to buy camera for video recording to.

but now i am confused with audio dealy in video :confused:

any Nikon S9100 user here?

increasing the budget its not possible :(

aroraanant

Explorer
I am having a S8100 and it is very much similar to S9100.
I have used S9100 also,it is a very good cam.
The best thing in it is its optical zoom which is great.The picture quality is also very good and it records videos in Full HD and the video quality is superb in S9100.
Just go for it and try to get hands on it in any showroom/store near you.The best camera for 13.5k(price on Timtara with the help of 2.5k coupon)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
I am having a S8100 and it is very much similar to S9100.
I have used S9100 also,it is a very good cam.
The best thing in it is its optical zoom which is great.The picture quality is also very good and it records videos in Full HD and the video quality is superb in S9100.
Just go for it and try to get hands on it in any showroom/store near you.The best camera for 13.5k(price on Timtara with the help of 2.5k coupon)

thanks for the info..

can operate the 18x optical zoom during video recording in S9100?

Sujoy,
:(
If it's discontinued why it's still in the official site. I thought it would be much reliable than third party site.

Rocky,
As FZ35 went out of the league and Olympus, Fuji lacks a key feature which you are looking for, I don't think we have left with this two Nikons.

We now compare this two alone.

S9100
+CMOS Sensor
+Manual Focus
+Faster shooting
+Shoots Full HD
+Li-on

-Smaller Aperture
-Shutter speed (both min and max)
-Smaller zoom range
-12 MP

L120

+14MP
+Better zoom range
+Better shutter speed (both min and max)
+Larger aperture

-Manual focus
-Lacks spot metering
-Shoots slower
-CCD sensor

Note: I just pointed out what I think are the key things. I didn't feel some of the + of one is not the - of others and vice versa.

thanks.. so S9100 is good cam for me?

aroraanant

Explorer
I think it is the best option you have in your budget but let sujoyp give his comment as he is having a very good/best knowledge about cameras

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
As u have personally used S8100...I would say u can tell much more about S9100

I only rely on specs and user reviews :)

Ok soo its final the best for you is Nikon S9100 in this budget.

I just saw the user reviews here ->Amazon.com: Nikon COOLPIX S9100 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 18x NIKKOR ED Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video: Camera & Photo

All r good and positive...no mention of any lag in audio while recording video :)

BTW do remember to get a sandisk ultra or extreme memory card of at least 8 GB for recording video or u can face issues

aroraanant

Explorer
According me it is the best camera in OP's budget and S9100 for 13k is really a mouth watering deal, just go and grab it before they(timtara) reduce the value of their coupon.
If you have any questions you can ask me about S8100

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
According me it is the best camera in OP's budget and S9100 for 13k is really a mouth watering deal, just go and grab it before they(timtara) reduce the value of their coupon.
If you have any questions you can ask me about S8100

thanks

can you please tell me in S8100 how is the video recording audio/video quality with optical zoom?

Nikon Coolpix S9100 Freezes Up problem :confused:

'It Freezes Up!!!' - Nikon Coolpix S9100 (Black) user review and rating - CNET Reviews

*www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-S9100-Wide-Angle-Black/product-reviews/B004M8SVFM?pageNumber=2

Top Bottom