Need suggestion for High Optical Zoom Digital camera

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Why not Canon SX30?
*35x is not a huge difference i.e., 840mm against 810mm. It's just little above 1x higher than Sony, not 5x (35x vs 30x)

Why Sony?
*Better sensor; CMOS vs CCD
*Better ISO; 3200 vs 1600
*Larger screen size and higher screen dots.
*Longer and shorter exposure time.
*Faster continuous drive
*Shoots Full HD
*GPS
*Ligher, thinner...
*Better Megapixels

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Why not Canon SX30?
*35x is not a huge difference i.e., 840mm against 810mm. It's just little above 1x higher than Sony, not 5x (35x vs 30x)

Why Sony?
*Better sensor; CMOS vs CCD
*Better ISO; 3200 vs 1600
*Larger screen size and higher screen dots.
*Longer and shorter exposure time.
*Faster continuous drive
*Shoots Full HD
*GPS
*Ligher, thinner...
*Better Megapixels

Advantages of the Canon SX30 IS
Significantly more zoom 35x vs 30x Around 40% more zoom :confused:

I don't need GPS feature so any way to disable it
GPS consumes the battery charge even when the camera is off??

*snapsort.com/compare/Canon_PowerShot_SX30_IS-vs-Sony-HX100v

check this Canon SX30 IS vs Sony DSC-HX100v

thanks bro :)

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
SX30's lens is wider than HX100V's i.e., 24mm vs 27mm. (Smaller the no. wider the angle).
So 35x of 24 is 840 and 30x of 27 is 810. Hence you gain 30mm (from SX30) at telephoto angle i.e., equal to little above widest of HX100V (27mm). So it's not a huge difference when comparing. (At least in my view).

Yeah, you can very well turn off GPS. There may be a setting to turn off GPS completely.

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
SONY HX100V / CHILLIWACK RIVER / 1080p
Super sharp video, with great audio of the water lapping up on the rocks, the birds and the summer breeze ...

SONY HX100V / CHILLIWACK RIVER / 1080p - YouTube

Canon SX30 IS.....VIDEO ZOOM

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=GExxoquz7KM&feature=related

Last edited:
OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
sorry didnt see the video coz of limited connection...which one do you like more??

i am really confused now.

Canon SX30 IS vs SONY HX100V :confused:

i like more Canon SX30 IS becoz of 35x zoom.

but i think SONY HX100V video and Audio quality is good.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
video of sony is much better...and also sony is a 2011 cam where as canon sx30 is 2010 model
also sony have many good modes like twilight mode, panorama mode which r useful

binarycodes

ArchLinux Rocks!
Looking at all the research, I guess one week more, and you'll self convince yourself to get a DSLR with a telephoto :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
do you know how much is the cost of lens to reach 800mm :D minimum 5 lac (nikkor 400mm 2.8+ 2x tele convertor) ;)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
New Zoom Framing Assist button

With its 35x Optical Zoom lens, the SX30 IS can certainly capture subjects located at a very far distance; however, even with a powerful zoom lens it can often be tricky to track a moving subject while zoomed out to the maximum telephoto range and attempting to steady the camera. To counter this problem, Canon created the Zoom Framing Assist function. By simply pressing and holding the convenient Zoom Framing Assist function button, the camera will automatically zoom out to a wider focal point, allowing you to look for your elusive subject. Once found, releasing the button will cause the camera to return to its original position and intelligently keep the subject in focus, so you don't have to trouble yourself with any of the controls. Recording video and images has never been easier with a Canon PowerShot!

can simultaneous take still pictures while recording video in Canon SX30 IS?

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Canon SX30IS or Sony HX100V

by Abdul
(Islamabad)

I am stuck trying to decide the Canon SX30IS and the Sony DSC-HX100V. Please give me your suggestion as to which you would recommend for me, including your reasons.

Answer:

Either one of these cameras would make a great choice but my vote would be for the Sony DSC-HX100V.

The biggest positive I see for the Cannon over the Sony is the slightly longer focal range of the 35X zoom which gives you a 24mm to 840mm (35mm equivalent focal range). On that point alone the Canon certainly has the edge over the Sony HX100V with its 30X zoom with a 27mm to 810mm (35mm equivalent focal range). But when you consider some of the other important specifications the Sony edges the Canon out.

Here are a few areas where the Sony DSC-HX100V outshines the Canon SX30IS.

1. ISO Range—The Canon tops out at a true 1600 ISO (can be boosted to 6400 but only at the limited resolution of 2 megapixels). The Sony offers a true 3,200 ISO.

2. Shutter Speed Range—The Canon shutter speed range is from 15 to 1/3200. The Sony has a larger range of 30 to 1/4000.

3. LCD Resolution—The Canon has a 2.7” LCD with 230K resolution while the Sony has a 3” LCD with 4 times the resolution of 921K.

4. Burst Speed—The Canon SX30IS has an anemic burst rate of 1.3 frames per second while the Sony can capture up to 10 frames per second.

5. Video Recording—The Canon is limited to 720p HD Video while the Sony captures 1080p HD Video.

Both cameras are very good bridge or super-zoom cameras and both have received excellent reviews. However when comparing specifications head to head the Sony seems to win with the one notable exception of the focal range.

The Canon and its 14.1 megapixel sensor should be expected to produce slightly less noise at higher ISO speeds than Sony’s 16.2 megapixel sensor but both cameras are capable of producing acceptable higher ISO images, although the Canon's ISO range is more limited.

Both are great cameras but Popular Photography Magazine has just listed the Sony as “One of the best deals of the year” in its September issue. They say that their “tests found imaging performance near the DSLR level.” That is high praise indeed for the Sony DSC-HX100V.

When it is all said and done my vote goes to the Sony DSC-HX100V.

Hey! Though the Canon SX30 is a good camera, the lack of the following makes is obsolete:

CCD Sensor vs CMOS Sensor (Canon vs Sony)
HD vs Full HD Video (Canon vs Sony)
No Photo clicking during video like in HX100v
No Panorama shots
No 3D Photos
No Ring style zoom/focus
No GPS Geotagging
Battery shot as per CIPA standards
ISO 1600 (3200 in Sony)
2.7" 230000 pixel LCD (3" 921000 pixel in Sony)
Shutter speed - Minimum/Maximum 15 & 1/3200 seconds (30 & 1/4000 seconds in Sony)

video of sony is much better...and also sony is a 2011 cam where as canon sx30 is 2010 model
also sony have many good modes like twilight mode, panorama mode which r useful

yes.
i think Sony HX100v cam is better for me :)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
thinkdigit review here.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Review - Digital Cameras | SLR Camera | ThinkDigit Reviews

*www.letsgodigital.org/en/28472/sony-cybershot-dsc-hx100v/

Last edited:
OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Nikon announces new Coolpix P510 with 42x optical zoom.

The first of the lot is the new Coolpix P510, which comes with a massive 42x optical zoom, the highest for any point-and-shoot camera in the world. Considering how even the tiniest shake gets magnified when you zoom in, it will be interesting to see how the camera copes with that at the maximum zoom level.

*gedgetsworld.in/nikon-coolpix-p510-42x-superzoom-camera-unveils/

Astounding NIKKOR 4.2x optical zoom lens
Back-illuminated 16-MP CMOS sensor
Advanced lens-shift VR
Full HD (1080p) movie recording with stereo sound
Tiltable 3.0-inch 921k-dot LCD monitor
Built-in GPS
Auto HDR mode
Easy Panorama 360°/180°
3D shooting mode
Advanced movie features
High-speed continuous shooting
16 scene modes
Fast and accurate AF
Eye-Fi X2 cards

Nikon Coolpix P510 Camera Specifications :

Effective pixels : 16.1 million
Image sensor : 1/2.3-in. type CMOS; approx. 16.79 million total pixels
Lens : 4.2x optical zoom, NIKKOR lens
Dimensions (W x H x D) : 119.8 x 82.9 x 102.2 mm
Weight : 555 gm

Nikon Coolpix P510 Price in India : Rs.22,000 .

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu63NBOBsxQ&feature=related

Last edited:
OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Its great if its priced only 22k ....but havent read any reviews yet...will check soon :)

The new superzoom champion will go on sale on 22 March for £399.99 and will be available in black, red and dark grey

Nikon Coolpix P510 Offers 42x Optical Zoom - News - Trusted Reviews

:)

Top Bottom