Need suggestion for High Optical Zoom Digital camera

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rockstar ...even my Nikon D3100 had this freezing problem but later it got solved by changing the free memory card with sandisk ultra 8GB ....when I checked the net about the free memory card of verbitem came along I was shocked to see that it was too bad performer soo the image could not be saved on memory card that quickly and low light images and video was even more horrible...and camera used to freeze every 10-15 pics :x

The verbitem 4 gb card came with my DSLR had was a class 4 with max speed of 5MBPS and I replaced it with Sandisk 8 GB class 4 Ultra with speed upto 15MBps...now no freezing :)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
@rockstar ...even my Nikon D3100 had this freezing problem but later it got solved by changing the free memory card with sandisk ultra 8GB ....when I checked the net about the free memory card of verbitem came along I was shocked to see that it was too bad performer soo the image could not be saved on memory card that quickly and low light images and video was even more horrible...and camera used to freeze every 10-15 pics :x

The verbitem 4 gb card came with my DSLR had was a class 4 with max speed of 5MBPS and I replaced it with Sandisk 8 GB class 4 Ultra with speed upto 15MBps...now no freezing :)

are you sure? its free memory card problem? :confused:
so many s9100 faced freeze problem....

can anyone tell me what is "Dual Image Stabilization" in SAMSUNG WB700?

Compact Digital Camera | Samsung 14 Megapixel 3.0 inch LCD Screen EC-WB700ZBPBUS – Digital Cameras

sujoyp

Grand Master
In my case it was a memory card problem...u donno how irritated I was when I found that my 30k DSLR freezed every 20 pics :x but after changing memory card never faced that issue...but remember to get a faster one like class 10 or sandisk ultra/extreme series

just a marketing hype of dual IS...dual IS means optical and digital ....optical may be of sensor shift or on lens...and digital does not do anything its a gimmik

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rocky,
Check this one, highly possible that you will like it. But it's little pricy, using timtara coupon you will get it under 14k.

Kodak Easyshare Z990 MAX

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
In my case it was a memory card problem...u donno how irritated I was when I found that my 30k DSLR freezed every 20 pics :x but after changing memory card never faced that issue...but remember to get a faster one like class 10 or sandisk ultra/extreme series

just a marketing hype of dual IS...dual IS means optical and digital ....optical may be of sensor shift or on lens...and digital does not do anything its a gimmik

hmmm thanks :)

Optical Image Stabilizer (IS) technology suppresses blur when taking stills and minimises image shake when shooting video footage. Canon's lens-shift type IS allows photographers to shoot at shutter speeds up to 3 stops slower with no perceptible increase in image blur.

so high optical zoom with "Optical Image Stabilizer" is good. right?

Rocky,
Check this one, highly possible that you will like it. But it's little pricy, using timtara coupon you will get it under 14k.

Kodak Easyshare Z990 MAX

wow thanks.. 30x optical zoom.. . :D

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes actually without good optical stabilisation u will not be able to get sharp pics at full zoom...its a big issue eveyone faces when using camera...at high zoom its very difficult to keep cam stable.

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
yes actually without good optical stabilisation u will not be able to get sharp pics at full zoom...its a big issue eveyone faces when using camera...at high zoom its very difficult to keep cam stable.

can you please post some good high optical zoom with "optical stabilisation" camera names?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Dont worry nowdays most cam have optical stabilisation all the cams discussed have it...my friend had canon P&S and its IS is good enough...

dont worry :)

nikon S9100 also have it.

Result of S9100 at full zoom

*photos.expertreviews.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_Expert_Reviews/dir_295/er_photo_147505_52.png

Last edited:
OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Dont worry nowdays most cam have optical stabilisation all the cams discussed have it...my friend had canon P&S and its IS is good enough...

dont worry :)

nikon S9100 also have it.

Result of S9100 at full zoom

*photos.expertreviews.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_Expert_Reviews/dir_295/er_photo_147505_52.png

thanks. :)

what about optical stabilisation in (full zoom) video?

what happens when you zoom while video recording ? Does the sound stop while zooming. :confused:

sujoyp

Grand Master
no generally the sound does not stop but the zooming sound is recorded ...I think aroraanant can help u in this

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
this one is great cam :D

HD Movies (1280 x 720) with Stereo Sound
35x Optical Zoom with USM and Optical Image Stabilizer (4.5 stops IS)

Buy Canon Semi-SLR SX30 IS Digital Camera at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
MONSTER ZOOM of CANON SX30is
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_OoE0D7CZQ&feature=related

but price is high.. :(

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u want good superzooms then the cheapest is Nikon P500

cheapest at yebhi.com for 18599 Nikon Semi SLR Camera COOLPIX P 500 Black | Yebhi.com

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
if u want good superzooms then the cheapest is Nikon P500

cheapest at yebhi.com for 18599 Nikon Semi SLR Camera COOLPIX P 500 Black | Yebhi.com

1. i want more optical Zoom, dont need more Megapixel.

2. i want HD video recording with stereo sound and full use of the optical zoom, i dont need high quality image.

3. Lighter, Cheaper,thinner

oh thanks. :) i will try to strech my budget to 20k

let me check this camera.. 36x zoom :D

what is the best Image stabilization ?
Sensor-shift (Nikon Coolpix P500 ) VS Optical (Canon PowerShot SX30 IS)

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
cant say about stabilization coz sony & pentax have sensor shift stabilization in there DSLRs and nikon & canon have stabilized lenses or optical stabilization..

maybe optical stabilization is better but nikon P500's result is good that means its stabilization is working good :)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
cant say about stabilization coz sony & pentax have sensor shift stabilization in there DSLRs and nikon & canon have stabilized lenses or optical stabilization..

maybe optical stabilization is better but nikon P500's result is good that means its stabilization is working good :)

yes you are right. optical lens is good. = Help Less risk of blur

Advantages of the Canon SX30 IS

Better image stabilization
Optical Lens vs Sensor shift

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rocky,
Good to see you are now looking for a bridge camera.

You can very well rule out SX30, instead check HX100V. It's much better than almost all the features except wide/telephoto angle, plus cheaper than SX30. It was selling at an offer rate of under 19k few months back. Check latest price, you may get a better deal.

And two other models worth considering are FZ40 and P500. Already P500 is in your list add this FZ40 too.

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Rocky,
Good to see you are now looking for a bridge camera.

You can very well rule out SX30, instead check HX100V. It's much better than almost all the features except wide/telephoto angle, plus cheaper than SX30. It was selling at an offer rate of under 19k few months back. Check latest price, you may get a better deal.

And two other models worth considering are FZ40 and P500. Already P500 is in your list add this FZ40 too.

Nikon Coolpix P500 - 36X Zoom
Image stabilization - Sensor-shift
Microphone - Stereo
Video - MPEG-4 H.264
High speed movies - 240 fps
Flip-out screen - Great for movies
Weight (inc. batteries) - 494 g (1.09 lb / 17.43 oz)

Canon PowerShot SX30 IS - 35X Zoom
Image stabilization - Optical
Microphone - Stereo
Video - Motion JPEG
Weight (inc. batteries) - 601 g (1.32 lb / 21.20 oz)

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V - 30X Zoom
Image stabilization - Optical
Microphone - Stereo
Video - MPEG-4 AVCHD
Weight (inc. batteries) - 577 g (1.27 lb / 20.35 oz)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 - 24X Zoom only :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom