Need suggestion for High Optical Zoom Digital camera

nac

Aspiring Novelist
We don't have many expert reviews. As of now, we can see that the auto focus on telephoto is little sluggish. Other than that everything seems good.

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
I can't check it bro..m n
On mobile nowdays :( what's the issue u see?

in video shooting optical zoom. autofocus is Slow. (in sony hxv100 auto focus is really good)

*s8.postimage.org/qx0lx88bl/nikon_p510_zoom.jpg

image clear after 1/2 second. :confused:

*s17.postimage.org/68218fjbv/p510zoom.jpg

but after image quality is good.. :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Buy Nikon Coolpix P510 16.1 MP Digital Camera (Red) India Online- Find Price and Reviews for Nikon Coolpix P510 16.1 MP Digital Camera (Red) timtara

Use 4k coupon to get discount of 4000/-

Probably the best quote...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its ok if it focuses after. Half sec....thats not too slow..if u ever tried video in dslr its soooo slow

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Its ok if it focuses after. Half sec....thats not too slow..if u ever tried video in dslr its soooo slow

hmmm... but in Sony HX100V autofocus has no problem... :confused:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcgUlefRYmw&feature=related

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think there r two type of autofocus.in video.....one is phase detection af and the other one which id there in dslrs...please check in detail..

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
I think there r two type of autofocus.in video.....one is phase detection af and the other one which id there in dslrs...please check in detail..

ohh really thanks for the info..

btw how many hours i can record movie with P510 ? (battery Life 200 shots)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hmm battery life is less....look men cards have fat system soo a full HD video will be max up to 4gb....maybe 5mins at a time...720p u can record 10-15 mins I suppose

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Hmm battery life is less....look men cards have fat system soo a full HD video will be max up to 4gb....maybe 5mins at a time...720p u can record 10-15 mins I suppose

so this cam is good or not now?
i am confused after reading comment on P510 Autofocus. :confused:

so batter to buy this cam?? or any other cam with 35x optical zoom/ 30x optical zoom. with good battery life and superb video recording...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Look its main thing is 42x zoom which work fine....focus speed on video maybe slower then Sony but it's just a secondary feature...battery is certainly an issue

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's been a long time since you started your hunt for mega zoom. With your experience I think you can guide to buy a mega zoom camera. :)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
It's been a long time since you started your hunt for mega zoom. With your experience I think you can guide to buy a mega zoom camera. :)

hehe :)

haa yaar koi achha camera mil hi nahi raha..

Nikon P510 mil hi gaya tha lekin kuch problem lagta hai... ( in auto focus)

hmm.. i have 2 choice... Nikon P510 or Sony Hx100v

abhi koi risk nahi lena... i want all rounder camera.

1. The quality of the still image has to be good
2. The camera has capability to video HD movie with Stereo Sound
3. Good performance in low light
4. Image stabilizer/High Zoom
5. No motor noise when zoom in/out within a video
6.Light Weight And Long Battery.

so waiting for more review and searching other good cam.

btw how is the PowerShot SX40 HS (35x Optical Zoom) ???

The dedicated movie button allows photographers to become videographers instantly, switching from high quality stills to Full HD (1080p) video at 24fps with stereo sound for fantastic home movies. The USM and VCM on the huge telephoto lens enable the PowerShot SX40 HS to zoom and focus quickly and silently, allowing photographers to make use of the full focal range whilst filming.

No motor noise when zoom in/out within a video
this is the nice features for video shooting.

whats the latest price of Canon SX40?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Wow u have a long list...save 35k and buy canon 1100d+18-55+55-250
Ur all wishes will fullfill:D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy,
250 wouldn't do good. He would love to have 1000mm like the one you posted (a man sleeping hugging a lens). :)

Rocky,
If I remember correct, SX40 AF is little sluggish same as P510 or may be little less than that. And the reviews are little better for HX100V than SX40. And SX40 is 6k expensive than HX100V (29k vs 23k - MRP).

SX40 scores in external flash, high speed movie and film look 24p video recording.

FZ150 scores in external flash, RAW, remote, high speed movie recording and external mic jack.

I think these are the top three in bridge cameras.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac u r right but I am still not sure how a 4mm-180mm lens of superzoom could be compared to a 55-250mm lens of DSLR

I am sure by cropping 250mm more u can get same quality of 1000mm

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmmm budget is a problem :( just rethink...and do some comparison on flicker ...

and also wait for hx200v ...they claim it have DSLR quality focus system

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
hmmm budget is a problem :( just rethink...and do some comparison on flicker ...

and also wait for hx200v ...they claim it have DSLR quality focus system

and whats the price of hx200v? :confused:

Sujoy,
250 wouldn't do good. He would love to have 1000mm like the one you posted (a man sleeping hugging a lens). :)

Rocky,
If I remember correct, SX40 AF is little sluggish same as P510 or may be little less than that. And the reviews are little better for HX100V than SX40. And SX40 is 6k expensive than HX100V (29k vs 23k - MRP).

SX40 scores in external flash, high speed movie and film look 24p video recording.

FZ150 scores in external flash, RAW, remote, high speed movie recording and external mic jack.

I think these are the top three in bridge cameras.

oh SX40 is also out of budget. :(

FZ150 only 24x optical zoom :(

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Obviously, HX200V will be priced higher than HX100V. Highly possible that it will fall out of your budget. And I don't see much difference (HX100V vs HX200V) in paper.

FZ150 - not enough zoom.
SX40 - expensive
P510 - sluggish auto focus and doesn't have features like in the sony

Now you have narrowed down to HX100V.

Top Bottom