Need suggestion for High Optical Zoom Digital camera

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Obviously, HX200V will be priced higher than HX100V. Highly possible that it will fall out of your budget. And I don't see much difference (HX100V vs HX200V) in paper.

FZ150 - not enough zoom.
SX40 - expensive
P510 - sluggish auto focus and doesn't have features like in the sony

Now you have narrowed down to HX100V.

yes bro.. i dont want more high fetures and expensive camera.

i am also same thinking.. not much difference in HX100V vs HX200V
i think i have HX100V is the last option. :confused:

actually i like HX100V. everything is perfect for me. just optical zoom is 30X. compare to Nikon P510 42X zoom.

if Nikon P510 autofocuse is fine. so my choice is Nikon P510.

binarycodes

ArchLinux Rocks!
SX40HS is a good choice and not that pricey either INR 25,425 (including VAT)

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS - Foto Centre Trading Pvt. Ltd.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it is pricey compared to HX100V 19xxx vs SX40 25xxx. If I remember correct, he was looking for a mega zoom with good video recording camera with the budget of 13-14k. Now he has increased his budget to buy a bridge camera. As one of our member said, he may get convinced to buy a DSLR camera in few weeks. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
If he gets p510 and the focus speed is slow on video then it does not solve the purpose :) ....he better go for longest zoom with quickest video focus...it might be again hx100v :)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
SX40HS is a good choice and not that pricey either INR 25,425 (including VAT)

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS - Foto Centre Trading Pvt. Ltd.

thanks for the link..

this site camera price is low. :shock:

Nikon Coolpix P510 - Rs.21,289

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC HX100V -Rs.19,600

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS - Rs.22,600

My preference goes to FZ150 and 2nd is hx100v

thanks but i dont want FZ150 becouse of 24x optical zoom. :(

hx100v is good choice.

right now just searching some more Nikon P510 optical zoom autofocus sample video.

aroraanant

Explorer
HX100V is a great cam, I am not saying that FZ150 is bad but I haven't hands on it so can't say much about it.
Even P510 is good.
But I think HX100V would be the best right now

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Yes, it is pricey compared to HX100V 19xxx vs SX40 25xxx. If I remember correct, he was looking for a mega zoom with good video recording camera with the budget of 13-14k. Now he has increased his budget to buy a bridge camera. As one of our member said, he may get convinced to buy a DSLR camera in few weeks. :)

yes first i was looking camera in budget of 13-14k.

but no mega zoom camera available in this range. :(

so i have to increase budget upto 23k

so in 23k budget i need this features.

Mega Optical Zoom ( for capturing Nature Images. Birds, Sunset, Beach, (Moon. Stars etc also :D)

HD video with Stereo Sound (Good Sound quality need for Musical show recording)

Good performance in low light becouse most of shows in Night.

Light Weight And Long Battery.

also want to make this typ of video.

Sony DSC HX 100V music video full HD - YouTube

this is the good optical zoom with autofocus.

Sony DSC HX100v zoom test full HD 1080p 50p.m2ts - YouTube

and this with Night zoom
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLd5DZIOvN8&feature=related

one more point.
Nikon India Give 2 Year warranty
Sony India Give 3 Year warranty

p510 goes out of focus (slow auto focus) when zooming in and out.
Cnet review video.
First Look: Nikon Coolpix P510 - YouTube

I can only imagine how bad this Camera will perform on Video Mode at nght !!!

If he gets p510 and the focus speed is slow on video then it does not solve the purpose :) ....he better go for longest zoom with quickest video focus...it might be again hx100v :)

yes. you are right bro.

Last edited:
OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
NIKON COOLPIX P510 VIDEO FOCUS TEST SAMPLES - YouTube

The P510's focus modes include AF, Macro, Infinity and Manual

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Nikon P510 moon zoom video

Nikon Coolpix P510 - Zoom Test: Moon - YouTube

COOLPIX P510 ZOOM TEST - YouTube

i think Sony HX100v is best optical image stabilization. zoom and focus work smoother and faster.

Best Superzoom Cameras under $500

Best Superzoom Cameras 2012 Panasonic FZ150 vs Canon SX40 vs Sony HX100V

aroraanant

Explorer
Man you have done a lot of research on that, seriously you only take the decision now as you have the maximum knowledge now.

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
1 more Nikon P510 zoom video.

Spencer's Butte - Nikon P510 Zoom Test on Vimeo

This was a test of the the 42x zoom capabilities of Nikon's new P510. The video was shot with the camera hand held. After several trials I found that setting the focus to INFINITY (using the macro button that provides all of the focusing options) performs best. If autofocus is used, the camera is slow to focus on the very distant objects but does well on the close ones.

amazon Nkon p510 user review

1)Inability to focus at extended zoom range. After you zoom about two thirds of the range it is unable to auto focus. So while it has an incredible 42X zoom, it is not usable with video. And it's not like you know when it will loose focus so you just end up with a video scene that suddenly turns blurry as you zoom.

2)It refocuses every time you touch the zoom control. Even if you just slightly zoom, the camera looses focus for about one second before locking in again. You end up with a video clip that has multiple one second blurry segments intermixed within an otherwise clear video.

3)The sound of the lens zooming is picked up while recording. This is not just heard during very quiet scenes, it is heard all the time. I was surprised how loud it was when playing back a video.

If video performance is not important to you, the Nikon is a really nice camera. I am looking for a camera does well at both photos and video and therefore will be returning this camera.

Pros so far:
- Camera powers on very quickly.
- Its surprisingly light and compact without sacrificing amazing picture quality.
- The camera body has a nice grip on it so it's easy to hold on to and stays in your hand.
- The pop out screen makes it oh so easy to see pictures you're taking at weird angles.
- Easy to use (especially for those people who aren't comfortable with adjusting ISO and shutter speed manually - but can be adjusted for those who are)
- Has tons of settings (hard to say forsure but seems like it performs well in low light situations)
- The zoom is INCREDIBLE (I can take a picture of a lego mini figure from 20 feet away with better clarity and image quality than I could right in front of the object with my point and shoot)

The downsides I have noticed so far:
-Video is alright, when I blow it up on my computer it doesn't look to be true HD quality but it's good. Also the zoom on the video can be heard no matter what which is a little annoying.
-The zoom on the actual camera is very slow if you're extending it the full range and it takes a few seconds to focus.
- Battery life is not that good - would definitely recommend getting a back up!

so who are confused with Nikon P510 vs Sony HX100V

go for Sony HX100V

Top Bottom