"NEED SOME HELP" Phenom 2 940 - TEMP on wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned in your earlier mail, is there any unstable situation or other problems you have encounter with your system? Basically, if the temperature does not caused the system to crash or unstable, the temperature you measured can be acceptable.

In addition, we do not guarantee all 3rd party H/W monitor utilities will work properly with our MBs because most of the S/W does not know our H/W design and impossible optimize their S/W for our MBs. We recommend you trying to use Easytune program that we have provided in the driver CD for H/W monitoring later.

By the way, if you still concern about the temperature problem, we suggest you to add more cooling fan or system fan in your computer to help reducing the heat on your system.

This is sent by GIGABYTE support

I used the Easytune it shows my CPU is IDLE @38c , Why do many mobo donot have support for the 3rd party SW ??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@damngoodman99. I think OCQ vendetta2 and vanquisher are better coolers

anyways, unless you are going to overclock, it shouldn't be an issue. Also, did you check the temperatures in easytune?

OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Do i need to enable the COOL & QUIET in the Bios if i enable means the clock is downgrading & temp drops another 5 to 37c is it good to enable c&Q ???

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
first of all Core Temp and Real Temp wont work with AMD CPUs well. Then if u don't apply the thermal compound in the proper manner, it will cause heating issues.

Then since u ran the prime95 for 5hrs and no problem, I guess this is the new BIOS bug.

btw OCZ Vendetta2 and SCCF are gud...the vanquisher and Hyper212 don't do so well.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
if it is running at stock speeds, then I don't think there is a problem in enabling C&Q in BIOS.

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hmm..I dunno much abt AMD overclocking. Usually all will turn off all power saving and fan controls when overclocking. For Intel we should disable Speed step, C1E and all.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
it has no relation with stock speed. It can be enabled even if oced. That is even if oced, if cnq is enabled, the cpu re+aches some 1~1.Ghz when idle, and at full load it reaches the max oced clock in fraction of a sec.

enable it if u want to reduce the power bills. it reduces the overall performance by 3~5% of CPU. But the power savings is worth more than the 5% xtra performance i guess.
Enable CnQ and help make the world better.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom