Need Opinions !!

har

In the zone
Guys please reply quickly !!
I need to buy a phone within a week.

BUDGET-Rs 7500 max

Here are my requirements :-

1.need the battery to last atleast 2 days(powercuts are frequent and I don’t want to wake up one morning with phone battery dead and no electricity)

2.need good music playback-I use my phone mainly for hearing music and good music playback would be nice.

3.need games-just want some java games to work. Guess sony’s are the best for this as they can install java files of any size.

4.touchscreen-Not really a necessity. Would like one but would be completely okay with a non-touch phone.

5.reliability-need good signal reception(bsnl signal is weak in my town) and MUST NOT CRASH AND FREEZE OFTEN !!

6.Dont use the internet at all on my phone-there are no Wi-Fi hotspots and my dad does not allow me to buy costly data plans.

OPTIONS:-

1.Sony Ericsson Cedar-good phone with all the basics covered. My past two phones have been sony’s and they had bad signal reception. But I need good receptionBut only 4500 Rs and seems nice.

2.Samsung wave 525-very cheap but its essentially a feature phone so I guess its not for me.

3.Nokia C5-seems to fit my bill perfectly and has Symbian 60 but there has
been a loooooots of complaints regarding crashes and unstability. Dunno if that has been corrected. I need my phone to be crash free.

4.Nokia X3-02 –like the concept but I don’t know how well it performs in real life.

5.LG Optimus Me-liked everything about it but heard Androids have a battery life of only 1 day and that’s a real bummer 

6.Any other suggestions ??

So guys please help me to choose the best. I don’t like how qwerty phones look. And my past two sonys were absolutely crash proof(yep not one crash)

Help Help Help !!

OP
har

har

In the zone
Please guys any suggestions ?

@talktoanil -I dont know if its the phones problem or the bad BSNL network but I have heard that Sony's have bad reception.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My wife's using C5. She says that the battery backup is superb. she gets 2-3 days on normal to heavy use. But initially, we had lot of issues with the phone like frequent reboots etc (much better now). X3-02 is okay but S40 on that phone is a big big letdown!

Neo

how about nokia 5233.
At around Rs.5500.,its not at all bad.
A little slow ....but after flashing it with some custom ROMS its quite good.

OP
har

har

In the zone
The Cedar is available for Rs 3400 at letsbuy with 2GB memory card.
Is it a good buy ?

And though the 5233 seems good, I dont want to root the phone as there is a chance that it will brick and I dont think my dad will be too happy with that:oops:

@kunal.d-the monte is a feature phone so its out of my list. And the yendo is too slow for my liking. T

hanks for the suggestions.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
even without flashing any custom firmware 523* is very much usable. you can't ask a lot for that much money.

monte have good specs but bad OS.

sujoyp

Grand Master
5233 is good in some ways -

good screen
good VGA Video recording..
ok kindof camera
music is good with good headphones

OP
har

har

In the zone
I have a budget of upto 7500 so I am also considering budget Android phones.

The C5 was my choice but I dropped it after seeing extremely bad user reviews.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Don't consider budget Android phones... not recommend!

If you want to go for an Android phone, stretch your budget to 10k & get LG O1

Otherwise, keep away from sub-10k Android phones.

OP
har

har

In the zone
I didnt know that the 5233 went for such a low price. I guess I will buy it. But I have a budget of 7.5k. Any phone out there which is better than the 5233 within that range ?

And I am also entering college this year studying computer science. Will a android phone help me ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I didnt know that the 5233 went for such a low price. I guess I will buy it. But I have a budget of 7.5k. Any phone out there which is better than the 5233 within that range ?

And I am also entering college this year studying computer science. Will a android phone help me ?

Android won't help you. What you need is a laptop...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
More than 5233 I recommend you to buy 5230 because it also supports 3G networking ! :smile:

LMAO! Don't you know how much 3G costs? If you are really planning to use 3G on your phone, you might as well buy a decent phone which has webkit browser and good resolution capacitive screen. Atleast you will get your money's worth while using 3G...

Top Bottom