Need mobile for internet usage in the range of 15-17k

Baker

Albicelestes
my requirements are simple

1: need to be online in FB and gmail ...
2:and good music quality
3:good battery backup

am not prefering complete touch phone.. bcz am a rough user...

thanks in advance...

jsjs

Journeyman
Get x6 16gb version, the only problm, it is touchscreen. otherwise look for a qwerty phone with hSDPA.

pauldmps

Banned
So why waste a lot of money in a phone if you have such basic requirements ?

Get some sub 5k phone from Nokia or Samsung.

All high-end phones are touch based. If you're a rough user & want to use your whole budget, then go for Motorola Defy for about 17k. Its gorrila glass is scratch-proof & the phone itself is rugged.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
So why waste a lot of money in a phone if you have such basic requirements ?

Get some sub 5k phone from Nokia or Samsung.

All high-end phones are touch based. If you're a rough user & want to use your whole budget, then go for Motorola Defy for about 17k. Its gorrila glass is scratch-proof & the phone itself is rugged.

i need some bigscreen .. if you can suggest the phone in the lower range am always welcome.....

and i dont want to spend my money on any recently lauched product..

waht about nokia e73/e72..?

pauldmps

Banned
I suggested the best phone which your budget can buy based on your requirements. Defy was launched in India recently but it is not a very latest phone considering it runs Android 2.1. Also it seems that you're a big noob in mobile phones. Still if you insist on buying outdated Nokia crapware, feel free to do so. It will be a great wastage of money.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ try to be little gentle buddy :)

@baker
Motorola Defy or Samsung Wave 2, both have 3.7" screen with great resolution and flash support, which make then ideal for web browsing. Though I suggest you to get Defy as its more rugged and android browser is more mature.
And that nokia e73 was good, but nowhere near above two mentioned phones :)

pauldmps

Banned
Sorry.

My parents won't let me buy a smartphone (for the time being) so it hurts when someone with the cash in hand gets something which is not worth it.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
I suggested the best phone which your budget can buy based on your requirements. Defy was launched in India recently but it is not a very latest phone considering it runs Android 2.1. Also it seems that you're a big noob in mobile phones. Still if you insist on buying outdated Nokia crapware, feel free to do so. It will be a great wastage of money.

thats may be correct.. for last 2 year am using sonyericsson k220i... [it was 2300Rs 2 year back]...

till now i not even check whats happening in mobile market....

^^^ try to be little gentle buddy :)

@baker
Motorola Defy or Samsung Wave 2, both have 3.7" screen with great resolution and flash support, which make then ideal for web browsing. Though I suggest you to get Defy as its more rugged and android browser is more mature.
And that nokia e73 was good, but nowhere near above two mentioned phones :)

but i heard motorola is poor performer in case of battery back up is it correct....

and amazingly all the high end phones are coming only in full touch... what abt for rough users.. too bad..

any way i will check Moto defy..

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
But i heard motorola is poor performer in case of battery back up is it correct....

Its battery life is average, not good enough for heavy usage

and amazingly all the high end phones are coming only in full touch... what abt for rough users.. too bad..

For rough user there are phones with much better build quality than rest of the phones.

pauldmps

Banned
thats may be correct.. for last 2 year am using sonyericsson k220i... [it was 2300Rs 2 year back]...

till now i not even check whats happening in mobile market....

but i heard motorola is poor performer in case of battery back up is it correct....

any way i will check Moto defy..

It was a time when people only relied only on Nokia (& Sony Ericsson to some point). That time brands like LG, Motorola, Samsung, etc caused users to doubt its reliability. Things have changed now. Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone & LG Optimus One changed the perception we had for those brands.

Android phones have a poor battery backup be it Samsung or Motorola. This is because the phone is capable of doing plenty of things & thus hogs battery.

One more thing I want to ask you is what is rough usage which is meant to be done to a phone. Do you use it to play football ?

Last edited:
OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
It was a time when people only relied only on Nokia (& Sony Ericsson to some point). That time brands like LG, Motorola, Samsung, etc caused users to doubt its reliability. Things have changed now. Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone & LG Optimus One changed the perception we had for those brands.

Android phones have a poor battery backup be it Samsung or Motorola. This is because the phone is capable of doing plenty of things & thus hogs battery.

One more thing I want to ask you is what is rough usage which is meant to be done to a phone. Do you use it to play football ?

see rough usage in the sense.. i will kept my mobile here and there ... simply throw to my bed.. and i had slippery hand and it will fell many times from my hand...

and see am not particular to android or any OS.. because once i got the phone i wont try to upgrate the firmware or whatever it is.. i wont try to download applications....

i will use this for normal phone usage...
for music/video..
and internet ofcourse...

like u suggested some phones in the 7-8k range will be also fine for me.. but i will be thank ful if u suggest some model name....

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
For excellent build quality, Nokia phones are the best. Try the Nokia C5 or E5. They all have a metallic body. Please get it laminated put it in a mobile pouch. If you can get hold of Samsung Marine, it will be better.

I try to keep my Samsung Champ worth 4k scratchless.

pauldmps

Banned
^^Unless the OP wants to throw his whole budget + 1k, it is useless to get the phone. From the requirements of the OP, Nokia C5 is the best buy.

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^that was if the OP wanted to consider a full touch phone in the nokia brand name + he gets an 8MP camera with AMOLED screen and the gorilla glass display which makes it scratch resistant. (good if you are a rough handler of your phone.)

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
^^Unless the OP wants to throw his whole budget + 1k, it is useless to get the phone. From the requirements of the OP, Nokia C5 is the best buy.

c5 will be good , but going qwerty keypad will be better interms of internet usage right.. like for texting and all

^^that was if the OP wanted to consider a full touch phone in the nokia brand name + he gets an 8MP camera with AMOLED screen and the gorilla glass display which makes it scratch resistant. (good if you are a rough handler of your phone.)

it seems to be a good option but considering moto defy and this model...
which will be good....

pauldmps

Banned

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that the C7 has Gorilla Glass. I checked the phonearena.com & gsmarena.com specs & reviews.

Nokia C7 review: Rise and shine - GSMArena.com
Nokia C7 Review - Phone Arena

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^gsmarena has listed scratch resistant gorilla glass. check the specs.

@Baker: if you want better camera and amoled screen go for c7 else go for defy. also in most cases i find nokia devices to be suitable for rough handling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom