Need help with buying a new PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hopefully, I'll have my rig by tomorrow. How's Windows 7 support with ATI graphics?

am using HD4770+win7. had some problem till ATI released proper drivers. after that, it rocks!!!

getting 60+fps in games like burnout and GRID and 32fps in crysis at 1440x900 on a dual core 7750BE

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Good u got the MSI board, it's the BEST right now.

Ya its better i know , but the PII X4 processor have Bios issue Gigabyte support now send to me , they ll soon fix

Main problem is with 790Gx \ Fx chipset little freezing &lagging with videos ,gaming , unexpected errors - I was searching 2 week more than 40 forums and reviews abt this problem because i USE it , The owners of GIGABYTE,MSI,ASUS (some model),Asrock are all experiencing these problem due to lack of new bios

everyone is waiting for new BIOS , GIGABYTE support told me that they working hard for new BIOS to fix the issues

But i say GD70 is nice mobo , well to be patient for sometimes untill they release the New Bios .

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
sunny i'll recomend you getting a 3rd party cooler for your CPU. The fans stocked with AMD processors are not good. Many of my friends are having heating issues with thier Phenom II X2 550. Glacialtech UFO should be a good option for you.

My friend brought it and he runs 35C at noraml conditions, 45C at full load.

i dont think he needs another cooler. I have seen the stock cooler of 955 BE, it looks much better than all the other coolers (the stock ones) i have seen till date, be it AMD or Intel. Its wayy better than the stock heatsink of E7200 or 7750 BE.

Aspire

Padawan
Hello!

My 2 years old gaming PC got busted a couple of days back. Motherboard, Processor and RAM are dead. So, I need a new gaming PC. This time I'll go for AMD and ATI.
My PC has been troubling me a lot for some time now. Heating up like a frying pan, making too much noise and all. I need my PC to be silent and operate at cool temperatures.

This is the config that I made for myself:

Processor-AMD Phenom X2 955 BE. Is there any better processor by AMD? And does this processor run cooler than it's Intel counterparts?

GPU-ATI 4890 Graphics card. This will max out all the games out there. Am I right? How is this card compared to GTX 280? Same question, will this GPU run cooler than my current 8800GTS SLI setup?

Motherboard-I have not decided the motherboard yet. I'll go with a 790FX based motherboard which I suppose is the best AMD has. Please suggest me a good motherboard preferably ASUS which has built-in WiFi. I also need DDR3 RAM support and crossfire support.

RAM- I'll go for DDR3 RAM. Probably 6GB in triple channel. Please suggest me a good brand.

Hard Disk- I'll buy a 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive.

SMPS/PSU- Coolermaster 1000W or higher. Is it fine?

Cabinet and other stuff - A good looking Coolermaster Cabinet and a DVD drive.

LCD-I already have a Samsung T220 22" monitor with awesome specifications that I bought in October last year. I'll be using that only.

Keyboard and mouse- I have Logitech G5 and G15 right now. My G5 mouse is showing signs of aging. So, which other Logitech gaming mouse should I go for? G9? As for the keyboard, tell me any keyboard better than G15.

Speakers- I have Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers which are more than enough for me.

UPS- I've already got a APC 800VA UPS. That should do the job I suppose.

So, the configuration is pretty much done.

Please help me out and also tell me the prices of individual hardware. I need to buy this PC tomorrow morning. So, reply fast please.

Thank You.

Bought your PC yet?
Post an assembled pic plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom