Need help rooting symbian :\

OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!
Yes.

Make sure that you download Original Frmware files of your phone's current fw version using Navifirm in case you brick your phone during Flashing,so that you can revive your Phone.

Post in Your Current FW Version.Dial *#0000#.

Here is the Flash Tools Bundle.

Download Latest Core Files From Here

Download ROFS2 And UDA from The link posted by pratyush.
ROFS 3 is not required.

I typed in *#0000# then it said:
Software Version: V 51.1.002
Custom Version: 51.1.002.C01.01
Model: 5233
Type: RM-625

PS: Thanks a ton for the links guys !!

And I'm pretty sure that none of these files are gonna install themselves on my device... So, can someone guide me on what to do after downloading these files... :\

And thanks again !! :D

pratyush997

Inactive
^^^u need to cook the project file to rofs2 in photon c6-06 which may be complicated for u So better to try other CFW which provide Pre cooked rofs2 with uda(Maybe blank)

For tutorials
Nokia 5800|5530|523x|X6 - RM-356|504|625|588|559 - Blaze Ultimate [New Blaze!]
[GUIDE]Flashing Tutorial For Newbies (SIMPLIFIED)

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I Think you want to Install CFW on ur Mobile Phone and want to install unsigned apps with homescreen support !!
If Yes
Then you may Flash ur mobile with either Nokia N97 Based Cfw or nokia C6 based CFW!
I have Nokia X6 with Nokia N97 Based CFW...

Won't that invite problems?
Something like running a Maruti 800 on an engine meant for an SX4?

pratyush997

Inactive
Won't that invite problems?
Something like running a Maruti 800 on an engine meant for an SX4?
Nope not at all; Atleast I'm getting 55 Mb Free ram and it's much faster than Crappy Nokia OFW(I was getting 25 Mb Max. With no start-up apps..Kinda sux)..

There Are some bugs but being fixed time to time by the modders ..

Last edited:
OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!
^^^u need to cook the project file to rofs2 in photon c6-06 which may be complicated for u So better to try other CFW which provide Pre cooked rofs2 with uda(Maybe blank)

For tutorials
Nokia 5800|5530|523x|X6 - RM-356|504|625|588|559 - Blaze Ultimate [New Blaze!]
[GUIDE]Flashing Tutorial For Newbies (SIMPLIFIED)

Thnx for the links Pratyush !! But I couldn't find any download link on the page that you shared earlier (This One)... Can you help me with that ??... :D

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
DOWNLAOD both.
SINCE you will need both of 'em.

Quick Tip.
The Larger one is ROFS2.12MB+
The smaller is UDA.in kbs probably.

pratyush997

Inactive
Okay... So finally I can see the links :-D but m still confused which one contains ROF S2 and which one contains UDA ?? :-\
Be sure that u use UDA file Provided by The CFW maker and not flash with the UDA File Bundled With Core files in Archive!!

OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!
DOWNLAOD both.
SINCE you will need both of 'em.

Quick Tip.
The Larger one is ROFS2.12MB+
The smaller is UDA.in kbs probably.

I downloaded 2 files from there... but none of them in KBs... :\ Infact, one of them is 67.2 MBs in size and other one is 21.9 MBs... :p Moreover, both give an error when I try to extract them...

I'm sure I'm going wrong somewhere...

OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!
So, finally I need these:
1. Original Firmware Files/Latest Core Files (From here)
2. Flash Tools Bundle (From here)
3. UDA (From here)
4. ROF S2 (From here)

Queries:
1. Am I right when I say that OFW and Latest Core Files are two names of the same thing?
2. What would I need Flash Tools Bundle for?
3. I can't find UDA and ROF S2 files on the mentioned links... Could you please give me a more specific link...
4. Have I mentioned these things rightly?
5. Do I need anything else?

008Rohit

Broken In

Well, is pre-cooked ROFS2 not available for your phone (RM)? If it is available, then you just need the .c00 file along with it to flash. Get the core from binh24.co.cc
Flash in JAF :
manually select the files after renaming the .c00 as .c0r :
MCU - the core file
PPM - ROFS2

You dont really need other files while flashing a C6 based CFW.

^^
Creator of photon???
Apparently.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I guess this one would be perfect but do you know how to get the signed version of HelloOx2 ??

I have Nokia 5233 & tried the latest version of HellOx though it was successfully installed but it couldn't root my phone :(

but I m happy that I have the symbian certificates & key files so that I can install any .sis & .sisx file :mrgreen:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
i rooted my 5233 few days ago for the first time with nitro^chrome. :)
fairly straightforward method.

Top Bottom