Need help rooting symbian :\

ud0103

Show Time!
Hey guys! I've decided to root my Nokia 5233 (Symbian S60 5th Edition) phone... But I'm totally noobs at rooting and this is gonna be my very first attempt to rooting a phone... :|

I'd like to know the easiest and safest ways to go about this... (Like one-click apps)

And the reason for me trying to root my phone is just to customize it to my usage like getting Brightness Control (which actually sits in Menu/Settings/Phone/Display), Phone Lock Button (accessible from power button) and Sensor Settings (Menu/Settings/Phone) to my home screen... (I really don't know if it's possible to get these things done... :oops: ). I also want to experience the pros of a rooted device...

If it's really possible to get all these settings on the home screen please tell me an app (if any exists...) that can help me with this...

Thnx in advance !! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Can Symbian be rooted? If it can be, I don't think there is any straightforward way to do this.

pratyush997

Inactive
Hey guys! I've decided to root my Nokia 5233 (Symbian S60 5th Edition) phone... But I'm totally noobs at rooting and this is gonna be my very first attempt to rooting a phone... :|

I'd like to know the easiest and safest ways to go about this... (Like one-click apps)

And the reason for me trying to root my phone is just to customize it to my usage like getting Brightness Control (which actually sits in Menu/Settings/Phone/Display), Phone Lock Button (accessible from power button) and Sensor Settings (Menu/Settings/Phone) to my home screen... (I really don't know if it's possible to get these things done... :oops: ). I also want to experience the pros of a rooted device...

If it's really possible to get all these settings on the home screen please tell me an app (if any exists...) that can help me with this...

Thnx in advance !! :mrgreen:
I Think you want to Install CFW on ur Mobile Phone and want to install unsigned apps with homescreen support !!
If Yes
Then you may Flash ur mobile with either Nokia N97 Based Cfw or nokia C6 based CFW!
I have Nokia X6 with Nokia N97 Based CFW...

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
Symbian can't be rooted , if it does then there must be other term other than "rooting".
You can customise your phone by installing custom firmware , to get some advanced features.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
I think Blaze Ultimate OFW is fastest till Now!! Is it??

Photon is the fastest.
I have tried most of the CFW available fro Nokia S60V5 9.4.
One special mention goes to AOV CFW for Nokia 52xx.

BTW its Ultimate Blaze CFW(Custom Firmware).Not OFW(Original Firmware):wink:

OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!
Great !! :D So i finally know that I need a CFW !! Thanks a lot guys !! But can I install a CFW without rooting ??

pratyush997

Inactive
Great !! :D So i finally know that I need a CFW !! Thanks a lot guys !! But can I install a CFW without rooting ??
I think used android before and Rooting only Exist in Android
in Symbian u only need to Flash ur Mobile phone with FW files

Photon is the fastest.
I have tried most of the CFW available fro Nokia S60V5 9.4.
One special mention goes to AOV CFW for Nokia 52xx.

BTW its Ultimate Blaze CFW(Custom Firmware).Not OFW(Original Firmware):wink:
LOLzzzzz U need to read Blaze Ultimate article Over here
And i used it it's OFW and I Know the diff. between OFW and CFW

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^
I believe in what i do and not only what i read.
I have used it on my Nokia 5230 along with several other CFW like Revenge6,AOV,Photon,etc.I know the difference.
Head to the Page of any CFW and you will find similar Bragging.
I have even cooked my own CFW :wink: lol

pratyush997

Inactive
^^
I believe in what i do and not only what i read.
I have used it on my Nokia 5230 along with several other CFW like Revenge6,AOV,Photon,etc.I know the difference.
Head to the Page of any CFW and you will find similar Bragging.
I have even cooked my own CFW :wink: lol
I just want to tell u that Balze ultimate is OFW based

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^My friend all CFW in nutshell are based on original Firmware only.
How can you expect modders to fiddle with core OS files.
For eg C6^Photon is based on original firmware of nokia C6 and has been used to port OFW C6 to older Noki 52XX phones.
Basically each CFW or OFW has 4 major files as you must be knowing.ROFS2/ROFS3/CORE/UDA.

In most CFW like AOV the original OFW Core file is kept intact and ROFS2/ROFS3 files are cooked/modded with tools Like Nokia FW Cooker to modify their functionality.
While in Ported CFW like Photon the Original Core file is modded whereas ROFS2/ROFS3 may or mayn't be changed.
In both cases UDA file is kept blank or original UDA is used.

pratyush997

Inactive
For eg C6^Photon is based on original firmware of nokia C6 and has been used to port OFW C6 to older Noki 52XX phones.
Basically each CFW or OFW has 4 major files as you must be knowing.ROFS2/ROFS3/CORE/UDA.

In most CFW like AOV the original OFW Core file is kept intact and ROFS2/ROFS3 files are cooked/modded with tools Like Nokia FW Cooker to modify their functionality.
While in Ported CFW like Photon the Original Core file is modded whereas ROFS2/ROFS3 may or mayn't be changed.
So if in a CFW original Core files are used then it's OFW Based ??
or still CFW...
Overall I got ur point but still bit Confused Bro ..

OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!

I tried to download c6 photon but there are so many links and some of them even say "recooked c6 photon" so I'm worried that I'd download some rubbish from there...

Pls. give me a like where I can download exactly what you are talking about... :D

pratyush997

Inactive
I tried to download c6 photon but there are so many links and some of them even say "recooked c6 photon" so I'm worried that I'd download some rubbish from there...

Pls. give me a like where I can download exactly what you are talking about... :D
Get it HERE

Sujeet

Undead!!!
So if in a CFW original Core files are used then it's OFW Based ??
or still CFW...
Overall I got ur point but still bit Confused Bro ..

Yes.

Make sure that you download Original Frmware files of your phone's current fw version using Navifirm in case you brick your phone during Flashing,so that you can revive your Phone.

Post in Your Current FW Version.Dial *#0000#.

Here is the Flash Tools Bundle.

Download Latest Core Files From Here

Download ROFS2 And UDA from The link posted by pratyush.
ROFS 3 is not required.

Last edited:
Top Bottom