need help in O.C gtx 285

ashintomson

Journeyman
hey guys am oc'ing my old gpu gtx 285 (Newegg.com - XFX GX285NZDFF GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card) i am a total noob in o.c'ing so i need help from first step .. please help me with this ..

Rig
- amd x2 6000
mobo- asus m4a78e
2*2 ddr2

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Please avoid SMS lingo, its a pain to read.

PSU is good enough for a single GPU system for any OC. Go ahead with Topgear suggested App for OC. Also use HWMonitor etc to keep a eye on Temps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Precision can monitor the temp too on the fly and moreover it can even show FPS, GPU Usage and Memory Usage on the OSD while gaming ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's really odd for a desktop pc but it will work well though ... just wondering what cabby he has to house this PSU ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
can you do me a favor and post a pic of the cabby with the PSu - take a pic of the PSu specs label also.

OP
ashintomson

ashintomson

Journeyman
I think he meant this one

*www.primesource.in/pdf/FSP-700-80REV1.pdf

i saw this link today this is not his psu i will post his rig. i just borrowed his gpu when his mobo gt fried up...

*i.imgur.com/SXVMY.jpg?1

u can see his psu in this pic its an old psu i think

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it must be a cheap 700W desi PSU .. even after searching a lot I can't find the model no, anywhere else .. the internal cables used are also of low quality - change the PSU asap if you want to keep, use and OC the GTX 285.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
@ashintomson.....

What's your PSU make n model ? I assume you're going to use your friend's gpu in your current rig .

GTX 285 is power hog (TDP - 200W) and it'll certainly consume more than 250W-270W alone on overclocking.

Top Bottom