Need Help in cost of living in Mumbai

Hi,

I want to join shari academy which is in chinchpokli , mumbai.

Now i've never been to mumbai, so i need some info on the paying guest or single room rent rates around that locality, i have very low budget so want something cheap, which locality should i search for pg, also what can be approx fooding cost?

Thanks,
S.G

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Welcome to Mumbai

i am born and living in mumbai and my idea to you... if you wat to avoid travelling and traffic... look for house near your academy... you wont like the travel and traffic here....

and food is no worry... mumbai is not too costly.... :) happy stay

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
mumbai is not too costly

Yaaa.....ask that to any outsider!

@OP, forget about renting a 1BHK on your own. Even at remotest place you have to pay 4-5k for the room only. Then food, commute etc.

Better try to share room with some of your classmates.

Best of luck.

sujoyp

Grand Master
My experience with mumbai

Lived in andheri east - Shared a 3 bedroom flat with 7 guys as PG..cost per head 5k
food - 1 time tiffin 900 with 4 roti, 1 sabji, dal and little rice
Buses too crowded
best way to reach station is auto rikshaw

best time to travel 11AM-4PM and after 8Pm ....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I can't comment on Delhi but I was an outsider one day to this big city. Autos saved my day.

Then there is the local train which DELHI *does not* have.
Buses too.

If you want a seat in bus/train in Mumbai then you are doing it wrong. In mumbai ur goal should be reach ur target in once piece and at time.

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Cost of rooms are increasing in each and every city.. Though nagpur is cheaper than Mumbai or Pune. 1 BHK costs 4.5k - 7k.
Autos, Buses everything available... But still I prefer my ride (BSA Mach) :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think Nagpur and pune is fine with bikes....coz city is smaller(spent 2 years in Pune, 6 month in mumbai and 15 years in Nagpur)

Mumbai is just too big..

I live in nagpur and I think Mumbai is easily 4-5 times the size of nagpur.
It takes nearly 2 hrs from 1st station to last station in mumbai local

If u want to leave cheap in mumbai then better live in some New mumbai areas or thane...it will take lot of time to come to main mumbai from there but u can live cheap there :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't comment on Delhi but I was an outsider one day to this big city. Autos saved my day.

Then there is the local train which DELHI *does not* have.
Buses too.

If you want a seat in bus/train in Mumbai then you are doing it wrong. In mumbai ur goal should be reach ur target in once piece and at time.
well, Mumbai local train = amalgam of various sweat odour.

In Pune you'll be lucky to find a bus that will take you to your destination. :D
Just tells you why this country sucks.

Government keeps increasing fuel prices and doesn't give us good public transport. We cry over petrol price hikes, rather than demand good public transport. Sad Indian culture.

And then to ease ourselves, we'll buy bikes and cars. More fuel consumption. You can't keep fuel price down if you can't decrease consumption. Govt. lacks brain and won't be giving us good public transport. And when govt. gives you good public transport, Indians will make it unclean. I think I have summed up the problems of this country.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
In Mumbai, I didn't find commuting a problem. Sometimes traffic is a bit of problem though. But I think BEST and Local does a very good job keeping city alive. :)

Pune's PMTs are as bad as non-existant. Almost everybody prefers travelling by bike.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
well, Mumbai local train = amalgam of various sweat odour.

Just tells you why this country sucks.

Government keeps increasing fuel prices and doesn't give us good public transport. We cry over petrol price hikes, rather than demand good public transport. Sad Indian culture.

And then to ease ourselves, we'll buy bikes and cars. More fuel consumption. You can't keep fuel price down if you can't decrease consumption. Govt. lacks brain and won't be giving us good public transport. And when govt. gives you good public transport, Indians will make it unclean. I think I have summed up the problems of this country.

Dude do you understand you are trolling?

That poor chap needed help in stay in Mumbai not points to write an essay for India's current situation.

@OP, contact "JustDial"/Sulekha/Magickbricks for house on rent/sharing.

Top Bottom