Need Help, going back to Bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, it seems my days in Delhi over now. I have got a high paying job in Bangalore in Sourcebits Technologies for UI & UX designing. I will be designing UI for Apple Mac & iPhone applications :-D (yeah yeah, making the enemy look good).

My Office is in Rajaji Nagar, anyone familier with this area? I have found a P.G there but with 3 boys sharing which is crowded so I m open for other options. My date of joining is October 10th while I will be reaching Bangalore on October 5th. I need the phone number of you guys living close to this area, if you are living on rent then let me know & I will try to live there on rent.

Unlike Delhi, I will have my bike in Bangalore within 1st week of landing there so at least this time commutation won't be a problem.

So, how much has bangalore changed? What should I keep in mind if I am coming to bangalore now?

karmanya

Journeyman
Lol.
Wel, I haven't been to bangalore much, but in my experience, transportation is always a problem, even with your personal vehicle.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
LOOOL! gx_saurav designing UI for Apple products! Ab yahi dekhna baaki reh gaya tha. :D

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Well, it seems my days in Delhi over now. I have got a high paying job in Bangalore in Sourcebits Technologies for UI & UX designing. I will be designing UI for Apple Mac & iPhone applications :-D (yeah yeah, making the enemy look good).

Finally ! LOL !!!!! ;)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
are yaar, it's just a job...& a reason to switch to bangalore & get free iPod Touch from Company ( which I will sell to buy Nokia N79 or HTC Touch Diamond :D)

The company saw my work of Windows & gave me job for Apple. I might also get a Macbook (will wipe the HD to install Vista).

Help me with the quaries, any from near Rajaji Nagar?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Hey, If your office is in Rajaji Nagar, The best place for you to live at is Malleswaram or Seshadripuram. They are costly areas but great localities to live in.

You can check Sulekha or Ad-Mag for house or PG.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I m planning to live in a P.G for the first 2 or 3 months & then move to a rented apartment after finding some roommates.

At what price do U think I can find a P.G in these areas?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
get free iPod Touch from Company ( which I will sell to buy Nokia N79 or HTC Touch Diamond :D)

The company saw my work of Windows & gave me job for Apple. I might also get a Macbook (will wipe the HD to install Vista).

you sure have some evil plans :D

Congrats for the job.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I m planning to live in a P.G for the first 2 or 3 months & then move to a rented apartment after finding some roommates.

At what price do U think I can find a P.G in these areas?

Not sure about PG's in that locality. For PG, you can even check at Rajaji Nagar itself.

You can get a P.G. for 2.5k per month (without food) to 5k and 6k.

All depends on how you need.

If you want a no sharing or two shared room, you may need to pay around 3.5k-5k depending on facilities.

Check with your new employer if they have any references as that would mean that you will get a PG near to office.

Welcome to Bangalore :)
About that wiping macbook part, you might need to use it for developing apps :p

Anyway, in rajajinagar, which block do you work in ?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
thanks for the replies guys.

@Gautam

i m in Metro right now so don't have the address with me. U can check at the employer's site sourcebits.com. Let me know if U live close to it.

I m willing to pay upto 5k for P.G provided it is 2 sharing with bed, cupboard & provision to keep my workstation. Is that possible in Rajajinagar? What is the cost of living in that area? North indian cousine is prefered but not a must in food

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Hey GX, you decided to take up the job!? Good :D Welcome to Bangalore :) There seem to be few PGs out there in Rajajinagar, but I'm not sure about the cost. There are lot of PGs in Banashankari and Jayanagar, but it's not worth staying there 'coz the commute is long and tiring.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
There are lot of PGs in Banashankari and Jayanagar, but it's not worth staying there 'coz the commute is long and tiring.
its not fesiable to stay in Banashankari or Jayanagar.

@GX: I Will checkout of there is any available in that area as I have a couple of friends staying there. will let you know.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Gx using a mac.
This proves all the logic & personnel preference is set aside when it Comes to earning your bread & butter.

Anyways, Congrats for new job!

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@GX: I Will checkout of there is any available in that area as I have a couple of friends staying there. will let you know.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Gx using a mac

Nope. I have to make UI designs for applications of Mac OS X & iPhone but I will be working on a Vista PC or might be a Mac Pro with Vista cos I already told them that I m more comfortable with Vista then Mac OS X

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
whee.. i live in Rajajinagar. Know someone who can guide in getting a PG. Will tell you gx, after talkin to him ;) Even though its a bit costly, the area is good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom