Need Help, going back to Bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ok, like I said my budget for a P.G for 5k if it is double sharing & they provide cot & cupboard etc. P.M me your phone number, I will be in contact.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I M in Bangalore Rajdhani express right now, will be reaching Bangalore tomorrow morning. Abhishek here has helped me quite a lot, I hope we r able to go for PG search together.

I M going to stay close to Oasis Mall. Anyone living close to oasis mall

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That's a secret :D

By the way, which SIM should I use in Bangalore? Since Idea suited me best in Delhi I need some thing like that only. I need to know whether is a problem in using Opera Mini with Vodafone or Airtel

Gauravs90

geek........
Nope there is no problem using operamini with airtel with mobile office service activated
i use it on airtel it's very good browser for phones

Sim in Bangalore ? Guys here prefer Airtel and BSNL usually.

As for Rajajinagar, I used to attend classes there. And I still visit the area often, around 4 days a week. Its obvious I know the place well.

I have no idea honestly about PG there, but yes, when you can rent a 3 bedroom house for under 15K per month, I doubt you will have difficulty in finding PG for under 5K.

As for food, I had the same issue when I migrated from Ahmedabad, but bangalore food is AWSSOME. The best compared to any other place, north or south. Its just perfect.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I inquired here, Vodafone here suits me better. I can buy a new Vodafone SIM for Rs 100, then Rs 194 recharge which will give me 2 years validity & Rs 100 talk time. Now, I can buy a Monthly Bonus card of Rs 69 which is like this...

*img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20659271gz1.jpg*img362.imageshack.us/img362/5663/20659271gz1.jpg

this suits me like Idea used to in Delhi. Now, how is Vodafone GPRS in Bangalore? I hope it won't stop me from using Opera Mini in my K750i & later in Opera Mobile in some other phone, & won't restrict me in browsing only WAP sites.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Macs for designing MS ads and now you designing stuff for Apple. What has the world come to. :x

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I inquired here, Vodafone here suits me better. I can buy a new Vodafone SIM for Rs 100, then Rs 194 recharge which will give me 2 years validity & Rs 100 talk time. Now, I can buy a Monthly Bonus card of Rs 69 which is like this...

*img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20659271gz1.jpg*img362.imageshack.us/img362/5663/20659271gz1.jpg

this suits me like Idea used to in Delhi. Now, how is Vodafone GPRS in Bangalore? I hope it won't stop me from using Opera Mini in my K750i & later in Opera Mobile in some other phone, & won't restrict me in browsing only WAP sites.

Vodafone GPRS/EDGE is the best here. Airtel's is pathetic.

If you are ready for postpaid, there is a plan.
Pay Rs. 999. No rental at all for rest of your life. call charges too are pretty good.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Macs for designing MS ads and now you designing stuff for Apple. What has the world come to. :x

It's all due to depression in economy. :D

I bought Vodafone SIM from Vodafone store today.The plans suit me well.

1) I bought SIM for Rs 100 with Rs 194 recharge so I got 2 years validity & Rs I00 talktime

2) I did a recharge of Rs 402 to get full talk time on it.

3) A bonus card of Rs 69 as shown in my previous post. STD SMS at 50p is a steal for me. In Delhi, I used to get 50 SMS in Rs 29 but now I get 58 SMS in Rs 29 with Vodafone :D. Since 80% of my SMS & Calls are STD, it is a boon to me like Idea was in Delhi

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have postpaid connection and I used to pay Rs.500 for EDGE connecting to a pc. max limit is 500Mb.

Plan detail:

Name: Lifetime

Membership fee: 500

Monthly rental : 0

Local call to any phone/mobile: 80paise
STD to any phone/mobile: 1.30 rupees
Local SMS: 1re
national SMS: 2re

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@GX: are you sure you get 50MB as free?

@desiibond: is there any other cheaper plans for post paid?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Woha, having a hard time finding a PG here close to my office. I contacted my office people today & he told me to come there tomorrow, they might be able to help me.

Today I was roaming in Rajaji Nagar since 11 am to 6 pm looking for PGs anywhere I can find but now I have changed my preference. Looks like I can't limit myself to just a PG so I am also looking for rented apartment. Food I will manage on my own cos I can survive on hotel food if tiffin isn't available. Charan called me up & thanks for his help for giving me contact number of his friend who is leaving his home.

I had a problem with paying high advance money for rented apartment, but I don't have a problem on it now.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Did you speak to my friend? Hope you got the required information from him.

And BTW you can count on me for cheap Outstation SMS ;) and I have put someone on work for the J2ME application you havd requested ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom