Need help choosing 15-16" LCD Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
I want to buy a couple of 15-16" LCD Monitors. One is for office use and the other is for home use (including gaming)... Since I have a slightly tight budget (5-5.5k for office and can stretch a bit more for home) and the available choices arent many here in Madurai, the following is the list that I am looking at...

1. LG W1643 model
2. Acer X163WA model
3. Viewsonic VA1601W model
4. Samsung 633NW model

I request people to share their experience (positive and negative) with any of these models to help me choose...

Thanks in advance
Arun

Last edited:
For office get Benq/Viewsonic 16" models. They are good enough for office usage. And for your home, stretch your budget to 6 k if you can and get Dell IN1910N, 18.5" !

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
I am also getting Benq and Phillips models in another shop... The Benq, LG, Acer and Phillips all are 4.8 or 4.9k, whereas the Samsung model is coming at 5.6k

Arun

Demonkiller

4Ghz Here I come !
I am also getting Benq and Phillips models in another shop... The Benq, LG, Acer and Phillips all are 4.8 or 4.9k, whereas the Samsung model is coming at 5.6k

Arun

Just splurge 1k more and get an Acer 18.5" for 6.5k
*img7.imageshack.us/img7/8166/1x1y.gif
*img7.imageshack.us/img7/8166/1x1y.gif

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
For the office system, I dont want to splurge. I want to choose between Benq, LG, Acer and Phillips... For the home system, I am willing to go upto 6k, but prefer better performance with lower screen size to lower performance with larger screen size... Of course, better performance with larger screen size will be better, but it should fit the budget... Currently I am using 17" CRT monitor at home and am comfortable even with 1024x768 resolution... At home, it is mostly for slightly old games (like POP TTT and Diablo 2) and not the latest games... Dont watch movies on PC...

Arun

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Among LG, Acer, Benq and Philips, which is better in terms of performance and reliability? For office system, I will go for one of these four...

Also, is extra 1k for Samsung worth it? Is its performance and reliability better than the others? If so, I will go for it for the home system...

Arun

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ sakumar79

Go for a 16 inch benq for office use.

For home use look for dell's s1909 which is a great 18.5 incher and retails around 5.9k with dvi port.

Though that model seems to be phased out and finding it might be an issue.

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
I got Dell 1910N for home for 6.3k... For office, Benq was out of stock at the store, so I will be getting it most probs next week beginning only...

Arun

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Got Benq G610HDA now for 4.55k, but found that specs say 1366x768 as resolution but anything more than 1024x768 60 Hz gives out various warnings... Any ideas?

Arun

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unistall your VGA drivers and reinstall them and if there's a driver for the monitor in the CD install it as well. See if you can set it to the native resolution.

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Installed monitor drivers from CD... Tried on three computers, all same result... Anyway it is not a major issue because I dont need more than 1024x768...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom