Broken In
guys,
been plannin to buy my sandy bridge pc this weekend
so finalised on the following
i5 2500k
Sapphire/msi cyclone oc hd6850
baracuda seagate 500gb
fsp saga 550w smps
jst needed ur guys help on choosing a perfct motherboard for me..(asus , gigabyte, or asrock) with usb3.0
i put all of my budget on my i5 and 6850
the max i can use is 7500
i dont intend to crossfire
nd i dont plan to do hardcore overclocking

just need to finish my setup thats al

if ther aint no good Atx boards, i dont mind using a mAtx board, which has usb3.0 and can fit 6850 in my NZXT guardian case......

thanks a lot in advance
awaiting ur reply

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can go for another one is Jetway HI08 P67 - it's better suited for mild OC but you won't get the features of Intel Quick Sync tech.
Jetway HI08 P67 motherboard review

Another choice is Intel Intel DZ68DB - though this has Z68 chipset it can't be OCed much but with this one can use all the features offered by Intel Quick sync tech ;-)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
u can also go for Jetway HI09-Z its a Z68 MB but it does not have Lucid virtue
Flipkart: Jetway HI09-Z: Motherboard

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can get the Intel DZ68DB motherboard @ 7.6K

Flipkart: Intel DZ68DB: Motherboard

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
If tight fit will be atx if you are planning to add for second card. Go for atx based. else stick to matx. But suggest go for a dual pci-e long run the investment is good to go. Its not about ocing its abt performance over the period of time. After all we spend heavy to have it long run.

If just usb 3.0 and 1155 support good to go other wise second choice which is costlier.

Asus P8H61-M-PLUS V2 16GB DDR3 Intel Motherboards (B3 Revision)

Or
Asus P8P67-M 32GB DDR3 USB 3.0 Intel Motherboard

Cilus

laborare est orare
macho84, I think OP has mentioned that he will not do hardcore overclocking which does not mean he won't do overclocking at all. So H61 based motherboard is out of the question.
Now why P67 motherboard when Z68 alternatives are available at the same range? P67 will disable the Lucid Logic Virtue benefits completely along with some other features like SSD caching.
And look at the OP's budget before suggesting him anything; He has a max budget of 7.5K and you're suggesting a mobo of 9.5K. Before suggesting anything make sure you read OP's requirement properly.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Search for this motherboard MSI Z68MA-G45 (B3)It will around Rs.7K/-
If you can contact MSI, India regarding availability at your location.Otherwise opt for Intel DZ68DB.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op can also opt for Z68A-G43 (B3) ( can anyone confirm it's availability in here ) - this is the cheapest Z68 mobo I guess other than Intel and Jetway Z68 mobos ;-)

Top Bottom