Need help buying a PC , Budget 60 K

u100i

Broken In
hey guys ,
I am in need of a PC as my old AMD 5600 X2 can't handle much now .
So , basically i need the pc for 3d modeling and Designing purpose , Gaming, movies .
What i don't need in this budget is UPS and Speakers .
Also , i would want a 23" monitor least.

Side note : Earlier i was planning to buy Alienware M14X but read too many negative post about it here . :-?

Somebody please help :idea:

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
OKay . Thanks

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: 3d Modeling and Designing ( Maya ,Zbrush and Photoshop CS6 ) and Latest 3d games. Like Skyrim V Elder Scrolls .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60,000 . spend 10 k more if required .

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Dont know, maybe , never done before.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 ultimate 32/64 .

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB minimum also see if i can accommodate a SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?
Ans: Yes , minimum 23"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: UPS and Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next month , but may purchase some components this month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: never built a system before but will do this time with help of a friend

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in Dehradun and open to buy online .

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Would like a have a Cabinet like "Antec DF-35-AP Mid Tower Cabinet" or any other sturdy and tough cabinet( 4- 6 K) . and good pair of keyboard mouse but not too much costly ( max. 4-5 K for combo)
Also i would love to hear suggestion about internal wi-fi device .

the1337est

Hardcore Gamer
i5 2500k - Rs. 12,800
Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 - Rs. 7,900
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz DDR3 2x4GB - Rs. 3,600
WD 1 TB - Rs. 5,500
NZXT Source Elite 210 - Rs. 2,600
Gigabyte 7850 OC - Rs. 15,400
Corsair force series 3 120GB SSD - Rs. 7,700
Corsair GS600 - Rs. 4,600
Benq 2222HDL - Rs. 7,500
Asus DVD Drive - Rs. 1,200
Cooler Master 212 Evo- Rs. 2,200

Total: Rs. 71,000

Cut down HDD to 500GB for keyboard/ mouse combo :D

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
i can cut down SSD and invest on larger Monitor and Keyboard Mouse .
waddya say ?:unsure::unsure:
and also include this *img7.flixcart.com/image/cabinet/y/r/b/antec-df-35-ap-275x275-imad8d3thp8fx5ge.jpeg

Last edited:

the1337est

Hardcore Gamer
Totally your choice. If you are okay with a 64 GB SSD, that would save you a couple thousand rupees.

Edit:
You can also swap GS600 with a Corsair CX600 v2.
If you're not overclocking, get an i5 2400 with P67 motherboard and drop the CM 212 Evo. Invest the money saved in better screen, keyboard/mouse and/or a case.

Last edited:

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
If your primary concern/objective is 3D Modelling then see this - New PC Build for 3D Creation & Rendering.
And if possible just read that whole thread. I am sure it will be useful & informative for you .:reading:

If you can extend your budget 10k as you mentioned, then opt AMD Radeon HD 7770 GPU; which will be useful for gaming and sort of helpful (it's not powerful as workstation GPUs i.e. Quadro or FirePro series) for viewport handling in Maya.

Cheers !

Last edited:
OP
U

u100i

Broken In
@pcforumguy : i read the whole thread :tired: and Thanks , research done by you might actually help me . So , this is how the list looks so far . Please review it .

Processor - i7 2600 (17000/-)
Motherboard - dont have any idea about how to pick a motherboard
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 4 GB*2 (3200/-)
PSU - Corsair GS600 (4600/-)
HDD - WD Caviar Green 1 TB (5600/-)
Cabinet - Antec DF-35-AP (5000/-)
Monitor - BenQ RL2450H (dont know/-)
GPU - undecided . (10 k /-)
KEyboard/ mouse - Razer Cyclosa Bundle (2.5k /-).

I am not planning to do any OCing so please suggest motherboard and processor as i am confused about it .

Last edited:

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 17k
Intel DH67CL @ 5.2k
Corsair Value Select 2x4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz @ 2.5k
Sapphire HD 7870 @ 22k
WD Caviar Black 1 TB @ 5.8k
Seasonic S12II 620 @ 5k
Razer Cyclosa
Bundle 2.5k
Samsung P2350 @ 10k
NZXT Source Elite 210 @ 2.8k
Total @ 72.8k
If you want to save some bucks, then change the monitor to Benq G2222HDL @ 7.5k .

Cilus

laborare est orare
In 3D rendering, accurate reproduction of the image is very much required which can't be achieved from TN panel monitor due to their lack of default support for 16M color.

For these kinda work OP has mentioned, a IPS panel based Monitor is very much recommended. My suggestion will be AOC i2251Fwe 22" LED IPS Panel monitor which is available around 8.5K.

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
Do i really need a 22K gfx ?? i mean i dont know if i can get decent result with a mid range GPU ( around 15 k ) then i can invest the money saved on a better and larger IPS panel monitor . ( i really need a large monitor , i can't stress that enough ) Thankyou Cilius for the info , i saw a few videos and read some reviews , and now i know that IPS panel is better :)
Other then that i will go for above posted configuration .
Now i need to look for a IPS panel 23/24 inch monitor.

Last edited:

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Do i really need a 22K gfx ?? i mean i dont know if i can get decent result with a mid range GPU ( around 15 k )........

It will depend on you mate.
As I earlier says, If your primary objective is 3D Apps; then you need Professional GPUs (FirePro or Quadro). And if you want to play games and compromise with slightly performance increase in 3D Apps. then opt new AMD 7xxx series GPUs.
You can look at AMD Radeon HD 7770 @ 10k range and AMD Radeon HD 7850 @ 15k range. (as per flipkart)

(Though I am not expert here; but you can say a Quick Learner; all the info I have stated here is from expert's opinions & suggestions from various thread here at TDF :wink:)

Maybe this will be useful -
Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart
All Workstation Graphics 2012

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
Thanks mate , i think i'll go for HD 7850 . I think every thing is all set except the monitor . Thanks all of you guys .
( why is NZXT Source Elite 210 is favorite of all ???? :???: )

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
@OP
You can also look at CM 690 II @5-6k range, if your going for Antec DF-35 at that cost. CM 690 II has better cable management than Antec DF-35.

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can also consider Corsair Carbide 400R @ 4.6K to 4.8K which is a very good cabinet. For IPS Panel I think AOC also has one 23" IPS panel which is around 10K to 11K.

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
Corsair Carbide 400R is also nice . i think i'll go for Elite 210 :agreed: after reading detailed review provided by @pcforumguy. :goodjob: man .

There are not much options available for 23/24 IPS monitor . Rightnow i git my eyes on *img6.flixcart.com/image/monitor/e/e/m/dell-u2312-275x275-imad9nskn43cqhfn.jpeg
Dell 23 inch LED - U2312HM but it slightly overshoots the budget . Ideally the perfect monitor for me would be an 23/24 IPS , with matte finish , costing around 13 K .
The AOC ones were not upto my liking ( design-wise ).

Last edited:
Top Bottom