Need for Speed: Undercover Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
Alright...Ive completed the first part where we get 'Hector' arrested. So wanna revise my review...
first of all, the story is dissapointing...it has potential like the fast & furious movie, but it seems as if EA just wanted an excuse to make a sequel.The hyped "Heroic Driving" isnt really gr8 at all...

The graphics are good but I preferred the Most Wanted style, but i think its quite clear that they are badly optimised, leading to a heavy fall on frame rates. this can be fixed by reducing the shadows n the detailing but this shouldn't be the case. You get good cars to drive early on itself in the game, making it enjoyable real soon. Most wanted fans may find the driving sensitiveness a little wierd and difficult to control at first but you get used to it as you play on.

A huge pain I found was the difficulty..ITS WAY TOO EASY, leading to "Domination" almost without even breaking a sweat in most of the races!! But the new game modes like the Highway Battles and Cop Take Out make it a fun experience....
One nice feature is a really cool trance type music in the game. Many of the tracks seem to be rightly appropriate for the kind of race you're in and makes it more enjoyable.Not to mention that the tracks themselves are great .

Regarding the free roam, its basically pointless...you just press TAB n get to the next race, requiring no need to roam the Tricity are at all. Even if you do roam the city, there are no rewards for it like in Underground 1,2 where you could find hidden shops n bonuses.

So on the whole, I give it a 7.5.

COMMENTS ACCEPTED :D

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i m not playing right now exams but just install the game there is one 1 old problem the refresh rate when set my resolution 1280*1024 its set to default 75 hz but i want set 85 hz how force.using vista ultimate 64

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
if u got nvidia drivers, just use the nvidia control panel->chnge resolution n chng the refresh rate...else if your frame rates are locked to the refresh rate, just turn off vsync

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i m not playing right now exams but just install the game there is one 1 old problem the refresh rate when set my resolution 1280*1024 its set to default 75 hz but i want set 85 hz how force.using vista ultimate 64
I have the same refresh rate at that resolution. Better leave it at that. Check under your monitor's model for supported refresh rate at that resolution. If it doesn't support that then better not fiddle with it. Also why do you need 85hz anyway? :confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
FRAPS dude. It's an application which can monitor your frames in the game. Also allows you to take screenshots & capture videos. Google will help you out more.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
I have the same refresh rate at that resolution. Better leave it at that. Check under your monitor's model for supported refresh rate at that resolution. If it doesn't support that then better not fiddle with it. Also why do you need 85hz anyway? :confused:

my monitor support Max Resolution: 1920x1440 @ 64Hz.i needed bcoz ny default resolution is 1280*1024 85hz when i playing then hz goes down gaming screen shrink due to hz. i fix it again :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Wait. You just lost me completely out there pal. Do you mean your monitor is currently at 85Hz & the games you play only allows you 75Hz?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hey,
What's the use of speedbreaker in nfs undercover. The key is "b", by default. It just goes in slowmotion, but what's it for?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The reason behind inserting that feature is to slow down time so as to make a correct judgement with your sharp/sudden turning. It also buys you time to survive a cop car barricade & avoid ramming your car into their. I have rarely found this feature that helpful. It slows down the pace of the game.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
The speedbreaker is of no use in regular races in Undercover.. All cars are extremely responsive and you can make the toughest turns easily...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The speedbreaker is also useful, when you have to break some roadblocks. Just hit the speedbreaker, at the time of contact with the cop vehicle, the impact will be more. If you hit without the speedbreaker, the impact is comparitively lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom