Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But that's the point of Forcing AA. AA can be forced on a game which will/will not feature any kind of AA in-game.

yep, AA can be forced using CCC for games but as you said this game is crashing if you force AA I think as of now AA can't be forced for this game. A patch may change all this though and even I'm waiting eagerly for proper patch which will fix the issues, enable AA natively and include more camera modes for cars.

lingo

Broken In
yep, AA can be forced using CCC for games but as you said this game is crashing if you force AA I think as of now AA can't be forced for this game. A patch may change all this though and even I'm waiting eagerly for proper patch which will fix the issues, enable AA natively and include more camera modes for cars.

I don't think there will be more camera modes. It already features Hood camera, Bumper camera and Standard third person view. First Person perspective is rare to see in arcade racers.

cyborg47

Technomancer
The game is fantastic, but the lack of AA is bloody irritating, I cant even notice the road block properly, anything thats far away :(
Hope the second patch fixes it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think there will be more camera modes. It already features Hood camera, Bumper camera and Standard third person view. First Person perspective is rare to see in arcade racers.

there were two Standard TP view in MW - that can be added into HP.

camera modes like NFS shift would be really a great addition. I liked the inside car view of shift.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Helmet view in Arcade racer? I will not be that interesting as it was in a simulator, it won't be that engaging in arcade racer. But, we won't be seeing it in this game though.

ajai5777

Youngling
I cant believe this I am playing it in 1600 X 900 with maxed out settings with frames not going less than 40.But the first impression wasnt good.It looks nice but physics sucks so I feel like playing a childish game.Dont know whether my opinions might change or not as the game progresses.

ajai5777

Youngling
Opinions didnt change.
Game has only looks; handling is pathetic :( I cant win a gold anymore.Drifted cornering and boat like handling made the gameplay worst.There is nothing like precision in this game.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
really amazing graphics

best of them all :D

really amazing graphics

best of them all :D

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ rightly said - even shift has better gfx than this and without AA I can't really say the gfx is that much good.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Don't compare shift with this. Shift had a rather close environment, with less dynamic tracks and few body count. Shift's Emphasis is only on the Cars, If you drive in a track where there is any vegetation, you can spot the ugly things right away.

But Hot Pursuit had a much wider scope and scale. Tracks have to be dynamic.. can't say how the track will be in next second due to the traffic. And it has to render lot of other things in the world than shift. So, I think, developers had to tone the overall visuals slightly. The only downside is lack of AA. And, with motion blur turned ON, we won't notice Jagged edges while driving. But we can see aliasing in initial stages of race.

ajai5777

Youngling
Re: Game You are Currently Addicted to

@ Sam
How to play that game ? I cant get anymore gold after some races.I have played almost all NFS games and come across different physics mechanisms.But I fail at this one.Cars just keep on sliding or drifting in corners.

I expected NFS MW like game play :cry:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ Sam
How to play that game ? I cant get anymore gold after some races.I have played almost all NFS games and come across different physics mechanisms.But I fail at this one.Cars just keep on sliding or drifting in corners.

I expected NFS MW like game play :cry:

its not that hard. just avoid crashes & do drifting on corners. once you used to drift on the corners, even Rapid Response becomes easy.

there is a vast difference between gameplay of HP & MW. also whenever possible, try drifting with the Bugatti Veyron. hard to control at first cause of its extra accurate handling but its one of the best card never the less.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

are you talking about the whole game or the race Seacrest Tour?

I'm talking about the entire NFS Hot Pursuit game. Seacrest Tour can be completed in 15minutes(at most).

If it makes you feel any better, in F1 Players should at least complete 12 Laps( player can choose upto 60Laps) each ranging upto nearly 2-3 Minutes. So, each and every race will take you nearly half an hour. And one has to play Practice, Qualification and final race to complete a event. So it takes some serious time investment. I'm telling this out of my personal experience.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I'm talking about the entire NFS Hot Pursuit game. Seacrest Tour can be completed in 15minutes(at most).

yes the game area & the number of race is less. also i missing cops & racers chase in freerun mode. the game feels more like NFS Underground but with cops & racers.

& completed the race (was on silver previously) soon after posting here.

If it makes you feel any better, in F1 Players should at least complete 12 Laps( player can choose upto 60Laps) each ranging upto nearly 2-3 Minutes. So, each and every race will take you nearly half an hour. And one has to play Practice, Qualification and final race to complete a event. So it takes some serious time investment. I'm telling this out of my personal experience.

don't you feel BORED? driving on the same track again & again & again. i am better with NFS series.

Top Bottom