Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Just tried this. I don't like the handling(of any car). I have played 5 Racer races and 5 Cop races. Handling is cheesy. After playing pile of simulators I had a long break for Arcade racers(except BLUR, Split/Second I haven't played any arcade racers since burnout paradise). It seems I should go though some learning curve.

And AI.. they have super natural powers. Some times.. they will race so fast that we can't even see them in our sights...I was like "WTH is happening!". And the catchy thing is they don't even use N2o to pull that supernatural feat.

Except these two complaints the game is good. And.. I was expecting something that will blow my mind into tiny little pieces. It didn't :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah you can say that if you like chasing race games but NFS shift was not bad either.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Shift is more inclined towards simulation. Most Wanted was pure arcade racer and so is Hot Pursuit. Need for Speed games have always been arcade racing titles, right from day one. So this is certainly a very close title to MW, if not better. If they had ironed out a few things and added a good storyline, this would have been a refined version of Most Wanted.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
IMO,Shift was only simulating the controls. Career progression was no where near to Racing simulators(Grid, GTR, GT, FZA). In fact, i found shift career progression very similar to Burnout games(except Paradise) :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The essence of Shift was to emulate simulation racing. Turning the controls in to simulation mode was just one step towards it. This is something which Pro Street tried to do, in a small sense and failed miserably. There is a reason why Need for Speed games have stuck to their traditional arcade racing format. MW2's storyline was a compelling part. This is something which we rarely used to witness in racing titles. Hot Pursuit could have pulled this off, had they devised a parallel storyline, to the already polished up title.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The races against the clock are extremely frustrating. Especially this Mc-Laren Test thing. I tried this for nearly 5 times.. and only managed to grab a sliver. :( I know.. they are 'Gold' for a reason.. we should earn it. But a level of this difficulty :O. And the worst part is.. we can't restart the races instantly... we should face a loading screen and then an intro(skip'ble) which will take nearly 20 seconds or something.

Any one here aced E-breaking system?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Before claiming that, Hot Pursuit is the REAL game after Most Wanted..Please check out NFS shift.

yep, Hot Pursuit is better than Undercover but I wrote about shift coz after undercover it was the only exciting racing game of NFS genre but Hot Pursuit indeed is more better now only issue is the camera mode option.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
This game seriously needs a patch that will correct AI significances. Minutes ago.. I was in this race where I have to bust the Racer within 2.5 minutes using 2EMPs and 4 Road Blocks. I used all the EMPs and initiated a road block which worked quite well, making racer's car upside down. while I was approaching the car to bust him... the car disappeared and showed up 1 mile away. WTH is wrong with this game! And IIRC, he was using Porsche Cayman S and I was in Maserati GranTurismo S which is quite powerful than Cayman S, but still he blazes away in front of me.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
A patch is already released. Get it! File Name : NFS_HP_PC_Patch_1010.exe

Download: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit PC Patch 1.0.1.0

After 4 TERRIBLE games from Carbon to Undercover....EA finally bucks up and releases a good NFS...I'm gonna be busy with this game for a while.....The only thing it lacks is a gripping story and Anti-Aliasig for the PC (WTF Criterion??!?!?)....Otherwise it feels like Most Wanted upgraded....

lingo

Broken In
A patch is already released. Get it! File Name : NFS_HP_PC_Patch_1010.exe

Download: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit PC Patch 1.0.1.0

Thanks for the thing. Never even knew :p

But after applying patch, I find nothing improved. FPS are still the same, and the game still crashes when i force AA with catalyst control center. Any suggestions?

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
After MW and CARBON, happy to see u guys praising HP. Shift has good graphics really boring gameplay. But this looks more exciting, gr8 screen shots,can I get similar graphics with my 9600GT at 1024*768 resolution?:-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yes you can.

Thanks for the thing. Never even knew :p

But after applying patch, I find nothing improved. FPS are still the same, and the game still crashes when i force AA with catalyst control center. Any suggestions?

as the game does not support AA I don't think AA can enabled by forcing through CCC.

There are rumors about a second patch though even I'm not very sure about it - so we may have to wait a little longer.

lingo

Broken In
^^ yes you can.

as the game does not support AA I don't think AA can enabled by forcing through CCC.

There are rumors about a second patch though even I'm not very sure about it - so we may have to wait a little longer.

But that's the point of Forcing AA. AA can be forced on a game which will/will not feature any kind of AA in-game.

Hey does anyone else have the problem of the Controller settings not being saved?? I need to re-configure my Joystick everytime I start the game...!!!

lingo

Broken In
Hey does anyone else have the problem of the Controller settings not being saved?? I need to re-configure my Joystick everytime I start the game...!!!

Wait for a patch. you are not alone in this department. As of now, only Non English windows version have a fix for this. Either way.. go through this thread

And Criterion is working on a patch which will fix this.
Source

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
The AA problem is buggin me too.. I'm on GTX 260 with full HD but the graphics are not upto the mark.. btw.. how do you take screenshots in NFS Hot Pursuit..?

Top Bottom