Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

rockthegod said:
PS2 demo was available 4 a long time and NFS:C release date has been delayed only in Europe. In US, it remains same. :)

i know ps2 demo was available for a long time.
Oh thanks god release date has delayed only in europe.

Mujhe gussa aa raha hain EA par.Don't know when they release the demo for pc.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Thanx Ctrl_Alt_del, for clearing my doubt about the nforce thing.

i just got Over-Excited with this NFS Carbon game. thats why i was searchin like a maniac & askin un-related Questions.

@mav3 , let us be Friends

Cant wait no more.

Demo or No Demo, I'm just HOPING that EA doesnt Delay the Launch of the Game here in India.

When Most Wanted was released, i got it only in December. (b'coz of delay/no stock @ Landmark- Chennai & B'lore).

IMPORTANT:::: Guys If You are a TRUE NFS Fan, then please Buy the Original Copy of the Game like Me, as we want MORE development in this series in future. (like AutoSculpt).

& dont forget to CURSE the 'Sony Corporations' for their selfishness.
PC gamers wont be be seein any Official FIA F1 Game, GTA Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, Official FIA WRC Game.
B'coz they've bought the Respective License for games for their PS2/3 .

If sony has a Competetor, then it all those Other Consoles(XBoX360, Wii...) Only.
Why the Hell do they Affect us PC Gamers??????

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

man just watch this clip of GTR2, amazing REPLAY features.
*youtube.com/watch?v=2flx5Q4iG7Q&mode=related&search=

Why doesn't EA incorporates their old game's "F1 Challenge '99-'02" Reply Function into the NFS Series.
even the "Camera Angle Freedom" (with which we can manually adjust the Angle of Camera) should be given in future NFS Titles.

& definitely the In-Car View should be brought Back with detailed Interiors of car. at the same time the particular Car's Speedometer should be used in the HUD, when not in In-Car Camera. (just like the good Ol' NFS Porsche Unleashed

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Actually EA knew how to make the Cockpit View till NFS 6 (HP2), :D after that i think new Game Developers/programmers were takin in & the Old Guys FIRED. :(
or is it with the NFS Project Head???? :confused:
Since NFS HP2, the NFS has gone Major Transformation, e.g. Simulation Type Driving Physics was DUMPED for Arcade Style Racing, NFS went totally for Illegal (the underound series, Most Wanted!!!) Races. :twisted:

Stalker

Padawan

s18000rpm said:
Since NFS HP2, the NFS has gone Major Transformation, e.g. Simulation Type Driving Physics was DUMPED for Arcade Style Racing, NFS went totally for Illegal (the underound series, Most Wanted!!!) Races. :twisted:

I think this increased the popularity of the NFS series.....especially with the different customizations 4 ur car, which wasn't there in the older NFS series

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

well i think thats wat has made nfs wat it is .... i saw burnout and if i compare it to nfs mw .... its kinda boring

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

i dunno about Burnout, does it have simulation type driving Physics or arcade?? (like MW) ,coz I havent played any PS2/ console games,.

The custmization is COOL , no doubt about that, but the Driving Physics really sucks BiG Time.

All cars of particular class (tuner/exotic...) have same driving physics.

Below are just My Opinion

I Mean EA is just INSULTING the 1000s of hours & years of development not to mention the money (Millions of Dollars),...... the Engineers/Designers work to make a Car (e.g. Porsche Carrera GT, Merc-McLaren SLR, Lambo's, Koeniggseg.....).

& they do Insult the Manufacturer like Porsche, Merc-McLaren, Lamborghini, Mitsubishi in their last NFS title, by letting down the Car's handling, Just think how the reaction would have been when the Guys at Porsche see a puny a*s VW Golf or Fiat Punto Overtaking their MASTER PIECE - the Porsche Carrera GT when flatout in-game.

coz these manufacturer spent Millions of Dollars in the development of their car.
so much of time spent in developement is the reason, these cars can take a 55-60 degree corner at speeds well over 190kmph!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

If you've played NFS5 (Porsche Unleashed), then you know how difficult it is to take the "HairPin" turn in Monaco Circuit with a Porsche 911 GT1 !!!!
if you overpowered your car- then you're car will do a donut & if you go too slow, your opponents overtakke u.

I really loved the opponent's car physics too, coz if you gently hit them in "rear quarter" they'd also loose control :D , their car turns around (like PIT maneovere - GTA SA driving school).
but the same is not possible Most Wanted, the Opponent's car have kinda ARMY Tank Physics, you cant move them, but they can!!!

the NFS 5 is really a reasonable game. :)
++++++++++++++++++

EA is trying to save MONEY :D , coz making a Simulation Type NFS game will cost hell lot of more for them to make, coz then EA has to pay the Test Drivers who give them respective input (info about handling of particular car, & improvement in same after parts upgrade)

Wouldnt it be NICE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: if EA incorporates Colin McRae 05's ,Driving Physics & Damage model :cool: , GTA's Clock :D & Mafia type GREAT Story Telling :cool: ---ALL in a future NFS Title. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven

NFS exactly isn't saving money by dishing out arcade style NFS. Whats its doing is trying to make more money by drawing in the casual gamer who would be normally intimidated by real world handling and physics. I know many gamer friends of mine who noramaly don't touch the racing genre save for NFS. Thats only because its easy and fun to play. Agreed, NFS will be making its fan a happy bunch if it incorporates all that you listed, but then it will be loosing out on potentially double the number of new gamers who wouldn't touch the game with a 10foot pole.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

yeah Ctlr..., i understand that NFS is just for FUN,

NFS 5 (factory driver) was toooo much for my litle cousin bro.(aged:12), who dumped that game for NFS MW, now after playinng for a month he's at BlackList # 4.

NFS is for everyone, it doesnt matter whether you are a 6 year old kid or a 30 year old man. Anyone can play it.

I was just giving my Views about the game & how good would i be to hav it (simul..) back, coz i LIKE Simulation Style Racing MORE.

If only i/someone can gather a lot of Simulation type Racing Lovers who wanna see Simulation in NFS, I/they can send EA an e-mail & create a website, & Hope that EA makes another Original Feature in their NFS Series--- "Option to Select Arcade Style Racing <or> Simulation Style Racing". (like autosculpt)

That would be like a Dream Come True :D :D :D

Stalker

Padawan

@s18000rpm

If u like simulation style racing, u will love the collin Mcrae Rally series

man.......cars r almost IMPOSSIBLE to drive with a keyboard in that game!!!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Colin macrae is one hell of a game , awesome . But i agree with ctrl_alt_del that arcade style racing draws more buyers . Of all gamers i know , each and everyone likes NFS series , not much ppl like simulation style racing . I'd like NFS to remain arcade style.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

OFF- Topic
@Stalker & @tarey_g dudes, i happen to have two titles Colin McRae 04 & 05 (CMR) in my PC.
To tell you the Truth, the CodeMasters (CMR developer) guys went toooo detailed with the car physics. (CMR 04- v1.0). Man, this game is one of the reasons i bought a GamePad (PS2 Clone- Rs.400/-).
Its really Impossible to control the car with Keyboard.
--With the gamepad, we just need some time to understand & get used to the Driving Physics of the Cars. After that we can win TWO of the ChampionShip mode.

Man its a Tactical & Strategical game.

i LOVE the way we have to save the car for TWO Stages (1 day/1 stage) from Extreme Damages in Chapionship mode is a Superb Game design.

Back to Topic
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Guys i'm not trying to critisize EA with their Arcade Style Adoption in NFS Series. Its Just that they have GONE Tooooooo FAR with the Car's Driving/Handling Physics in NFS Most Wanted.

I mean its sooooooo irritating when I (maybe we) try to accelerate very fast(when NoS is Empty), the cars just slide sideways, & i end up facing the opposite way facing the Da*n Cops.

the cars handled very nice (in terms of Arcadish driving) in NFS HP2.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

cmon guys its too bugging at times wen ur car starts to ride like an ambassador ..... how wud hv beaten razor in that scenario ..... the thing is its difficult to predict the computer's level of damaging the car and r damaging .... if u see the game even as it is now .... hardly ever does the opponent bang the wall and well no matter how much u play we all bang the car more often than not plus to add to the trouble is the traffic .... so i think nfs is better as it is now .... coz then the movie thing will not be fun anymore

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

Initially I was a sole hardcore FPS fan and didn't like the racing genre much. But I encountered NFS:UG1 and it was like a breeze changing me all over. Next I hated NFS:UG2 (dunno wy)... but again NFS:MW was simply rocking. I tried to play GTR and went frustrated coz I was not familier much with techical terms involving car engines.

To say the least, the arcade style driving with cool graphics and story with pumped up soundtracks was the reason that I liked NFS so much. :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Well it would have been really FUN time with NFS MW +Simulation+ NFS Porsche Traffic Car AI.

In NFS Porsche , Man its so FUN when you freak out a Traffic Car by overtaking him (giving him a cut), that it would move in Zig-Zag way trying to recover & in the process taking your Oponent down.

Hmmm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i just MISS those Traffic AI's of NFS PU.

If this was the scenario with MW, we could not only take Razor Down, but also have Fun with Cops.

in MW, i guess there's NO AI for the Traffic Cars, coz with slightest touch, they crash :D :D & dont recover.

By the Way do you like the "Catch-Up" sh*t, EA has come up with??????

##########
note: The system requirements for NFS Carbon is stated with only 256 MB RAM minimum, not as the 512 MB supposed before.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

###########

i really dont know on this matter as i dont have a Gfx. card.-->> :arrow: does the Cars in NFS MW get dirty, or :arrow: get water drops on their body (like cars in GTA), coz i run the game at lowest settings (with lvl 1 reflections) , when it rains on, the rain drops just dissappear, they go straight thru my cars Top.

:arrow: One big Flaw of all the games.(not only nfs, but all genre games ever made)==>> In all the games you must've noticed,, all the cars (traffic cars) look as same as yours, in terms of Reflections (clean).

Is it the Devlopers lazyness, or is the :arrow: Game Engine???????

in MW, all the other traffic cars, Trucks are as clean as our Car. Why?

i mean atleast the vehicles ,like Taxi, SUV's, Cement truck, Garbage Truck... should look some what dirty.

& not like GTA SA cars.
each cars should look different in reflection.

i saying this coz, game developers have access to latest tools & technology, then why are they still using same old reflection settings????

After playing Colin McRae(cmr) 05, which was released in 2004, sometimes its boring to see all those clean (high reflection) traffic cars.
In CMR 05, the car gets dirty as we drive, & if you drive Off-the route, it gets dirty Quicky.
these ideas/innovations can be applied in any games.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids

i guess they are gonna release the demo of nfs: c exactly one day before the release date of full game :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

i suspect now, that the Game for PC, has not yet been finished. (coz of many bugs).
or could it be that they are testing the game with VARIOUS PC Configs. (low end to High end, Motherboards, Onboard Gfx....).

I just Hope they rid Bugs/Glitches from the game before release,( like Most Wanted (pre-unlock of bonus cars).

How great it be to have the Porsche '74 911 Carrera RS. the Muscle Car of Porsche :grin:
man!!!! that car ScEAMMMEDD like Hell in NFS Porsche Unleashed.

i Just hope that EA gives this Legendary Porsche some importance & puts it in Next NFS title.
Why is EA not making any Add-On cars?????????

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

s18000rpm said:
OFF- Topic
@Stalker & @tarey_g dudes, i happen to have two titles Colin McRae 04 & 05 (CMR) in my PC.
To tell you the Truth, the CodeMasters (CMR developer) guys went toooo detailed with the car physics. (CMR 04- v1.0). Man, this game is one of the reasons i bought a GamePad (PS2 Clone- Rs.400/-).
Its really Impossible to control the car with Keyboard.
--With the gamepad, we just need some time to understand & get used to the Driving Physics of the Cars. After that we can win TWO of the ChampionShip mode.

Man its a Tactical & Strategical game.

i LOVE the way we have to save the car for TWO Stages (1 day/1 stage) from Extreme Damages in Chapionship mode is a Superb Game design.

dude , i have the same gamepad u have , and me too played colin mcrae on that , playing with keyboard is not that difficult but the real feel comes on a gamepad with the vibrations as we collide or go on a rough uneven path.
I am a huge fan of the colin mcrae series. And yes the damage is the best part, trying to conserve ur vehicle for the second race and try to be in a higher position in the tally at the same time keeps the tension high. The levels are beautiful and the weather conditions while racing are immersive.

But colinMcrae is not the game my cousin bro will like to play with me in multiplayer , for the ppl who just want to jump in a racing game and have some fun NFS is the answer.

i really dont know on this matter as i dont have a Gfx. card.-->> :arrow: does the Cars in NFS MW get dirty, or :arrow: get water drops on their body (like cars in GTA), coz i run the game at lowest settings (with lvl 1 reflections) , when it rains on, the rain drops just dissappear, they go straight thru my cars Top.

Cars in NFSMW get scratches when u collide to other cars or with any other object. The raindrops are there on the car rendered only in ps2 supporting cards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom