Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

@ tarey, "ps2 supporting cards"?,
did you mean it is rendered only in PS2.

But the quality of Graphics is Waaay better in PC, then why no rendering of rain drops in PC game.

Me & my Cousin bro LOVE playing Colin McRae 04 & 05 Multiplayer (split screen).
My cousin is unbeatable in Gravel roads, I'm best at Tarmac Roads & the roads (gravel & tarmac) which have lots of HairPin Turns.
we both take the Peogeot 206
every time we race in Spain & USA (tarmac stage) My cousin will say, "go !!! Disappear. "

& scold(jokingly) me that i'm cheating, whenever i get ahead of him from start line (i think i launch at perfect time).

If the SplitScreen makes a comeback in future NFS Title, then again NFS will out sell other Arcade Racing games.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven

What he meant was graphics card that support Pixel Shader Model 2. Higher to mid-end cards support this feature where you can see rain drops fall on your monitor and then trickle down. Cool feature indeed but its option is grayed out in low-end cards.

Also the cars actually get dirty (a bit) and scratched a lot! I never noticed it till until I pushed up all the settings to max.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

ooops :D my mistake.

you can see some scratches in low settins also.

I think NFS Carbon will run just like Most Wanted (in low end PC).
coz its min. equirements are just as those of Most wanted. (min. 256MB RAM)

people with low end PC will suffer of frequent Lags in the game, coz we'll be racing against more than 10 cars (some race modes). so the onboard gfx. & the Processor will have to do some HEAVY work to render all those cars.
My Advice: prepare your PC with atleast 1GB RAM & a decent gfx. card.

as the sound data, car sounds (advanced, coz it'll support 5.1 channel), & game background music will load into RAM.
as it does in MW.
in MW the following file loads into the RAM - "MW_Music.mus" from "\NFS - Most Wanted\SOUND\PFDATA" folder. (this file is the changing background music of the Intense Chases).

What game engine are EA using for NFS MW & Carbon. is it there own like Rockstar's RAGE.

Carbon is priced around $40!!!!!!! thats nearly 1900 bucks.
do you think its a bit overpriced.

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Need For Speed Carbon Official System Requirements...

The official PC system requirements for Need for Speed Carbon are the following:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32-bit Version) orWindows 2000 Service Pack 4
CPU: 1.7 GHz or better
Ram: 1GB
DVD drive: 8x or faster DVD drive (Europe, CD drive for north america).
Disk space: 3 GB or mehr
Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Supported additional controllers
Logitech Rumblepad
Logitech Dual Action
Xbox 360 Wired Controller
Logitech Momo Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

Graphics card with 64MB or more ram with the following gpu
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4200
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4400
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4600
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4800
NVIDIA GeForce FX Series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
NVIDIA GeForce 6800
NVIDIA GeForce 7300
NVIDIA GeForce 7600
NVIDIA GeForce 7800
NVIDIA GeForce 7900
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI Radeon 9000
ATI Radeon 9100
ATI Radeon 9200
ATI Radeon 9500
ATI Radeon 9550
ATI Radeon 9600
ATI Radeon 9700
ATI Radeon 9800
ATI Radeon X300
ATI Radeon X550
ATI Radeon X600
ATI Radeon X700
ATI Radeon X800
ATI Radeon X850
ATI Radeon X1300
ATI Radeon X1600
ATI Radeon X1800
ATI Radeon X1900
Supported resolutions: 640x480 / 800x600 / 1024x768 / 1280x1024 / 1600x1200
NVIDIA GeForce MX-Series not supported

Akshay's Suggested System Requirements:

Low : 800x600 low
Intel 2.4GHz
1GB RAM
128MB Geforce 6600/6600GT

Medium : 800x600/1024x768 medium
Intel 3.0GHz or higher
1-1.5GB RAM
128MB-256MB Geforce 6800/X800 series

High : 1024x768 max
Intel 4GHz/AMD 64 3800/Dual Core
1.5-2GB RAM
256MB Geforce 7900GT/X1800XT

Ultra : 1280x1024 max
Above CPU or better
2GB RAM
Radeon X1900XT/X1950XTX/Geforce 7900GTX/7950GX2 or better

*AA is not included in any of the settings.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: Need For Speed Carbon Official System Requirements...

Minimum offcourse. The main thing that shocked me is the minimum of 1GB RAM, I can't believe it to be more than 512MB.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

akshayt said:
Akshay's Suggested System Requirements:

Low : 800x600 low
Intel 2.4GHz
1GB RAM
128MB Geforce 6600/6600GT

I think ur own suggested min reqs are highly possible to go wrong , although i am not sure(how can i be :p) but 90% positive that the min req which u suggested(which i have) will run the game on even higher settings. NFS carbon is not a vry giant leap over its predecessor , I was able to run the last game(NFSMW) on the highest ingame settings on 1024x768 resolution. The new game is possibly not going to behave the same as NFSMW on my comp but i am pretty sure that it wont go that low.
Lets see when the demo comes(or if the demo ever comes).

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

It depends upon what you want. If you want a smooth gaming experience, I would say a 6800GT/GS is the bare minimum to play Most Wanted maxed out at 1024x768 MAX AF no AA, then you get around 40-50FPS average with a minimum of 25-30FPS.

I would say 40avg and 25 minimum is the minimum FPS required for a decent experience. Offcourse the average truely required is just 37-38FPS.

With a 6600GT I have played at 12x10 MAX not sure of AA AF, and even 10x7 MAX no AA no AF no shadows, in neither is the performance truely smooth, the performance is hardly playable. It is like you are forcing yourself you play.

To get decent performance with a 6600GT you need to get 10x7 no AA no AF no shadows, and maybe 1-3 settings turned down a notch or two, then it should be decent. If this is what you get from Most Wanted, then Carbon will be far lower.

Expect to play Carbon with a 6600 non GT the same way as MW played on a 9600 non Pro, which would probably be 800x600 low or low to med at best.

Please tell me how many FPS do you get with your current rig? Also, if you say you play on that system on max settings, then you are tolerating sub standard performance.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth

I wonder how carbon would run on my Onboard (GMA950) chip.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

I don't think it will be run, what to talk of being playable. Does onboard video have SM 1.1 or so?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

No Offence dude
Man, you didnt have to start a new thread to post stuffs about NFS carbon.

its already there. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31410&page=8

You got big post count, why didnt you search before posting.

& this system req. was posted Waaaay back in that thread.

How can you tell its Official??? that min. sys. requirement is a FAKE/rumor.

the REAL OFFCIAL Min. System Reuirement is almost same as the NFS Most Wanted.

The following are minimum requirements for the product:

* CPU: 1.4 GHz or faster
* RAM: 256 MB or more
* Hard Drive: 11 GB or more free space to download and install
* Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Input: Keyboard, mouse, or USB Streering Wheel / Gamepad
* Video card with 64 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required: NVIDIA GeForce3 / NVIDIA GeForce4 (Ti series only) and ATI Radeon 8500 or higher.
* NVIDIA GeForce3 / NVIDIA GeForce4 (Ti series only) and ATI Radeon 8500 or higher.
* Broadband connection required for online play

Source: *account.ea.com/commerce/product-in...did=NFSCARBONCE&skin=nfscarbonce&app=commerce

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

The Official Min. System Requirement for NFS carbon.

The following are minimum requirements for the product:

* CPU: 1.4 GHz or faster
* RAM: 256 MB or more
* Hard Drive: 11 GB or more free space to download and install
* Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Input: Keyboard, mouse, or USB Streering Wheel / Gamepad
* Video card with 64 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required: NVIDIA GeForce3 / NVIDIA GeForce4 (Ti series only) and ATI Radeon 8500 or higher.
* NVIDIA GeForce3 / NVIDIA GeForce4 (Ti series only) and ATI Radeon 8500 or higher.
* Broadband connection required for online play

Source: *account.ea.com/commerce/prod...e&app=commerce

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

These are the not the min requirements, official requirements are already out, and they are much higher.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

I researche through google and found out these system requirements as written somewhere. If the system requirements are lower, then it is very good, although don't expect to run Carbon with the same performance as MW, you will surely need to reduce the settings to about half, as has been with every NFS installment.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

11Gb is for Downloading & then Installing it. (4G+5GB+2GB-->install file+installed game+Temp).

Surely the game will Lag as i've mentioned the a reason above.

people with low end PC will suffer of frequent Lags in the game, coz we'll be racing against more than 10-20 cars (some race modes). so the onboard gfx. & the Processor will have to do some HEAVY work to render all those cars.
My Advice: prepare your PC with atleast 1GB RAM & a decent gfx. card.

Check out the AutoSculpt Demo Online. you can AutoSculpt yourself go here *www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/autosculpt.jsp

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

@Akshay , For me anything which is 30+ fps is smooth thats what a human eye wants to keep it smooth , although the 60+ fps is considered a silk smooth experience but not many really see the difference. I ran NFSMW on fulll settings , and in a racing game we cant tolerate a substandard performance , the game ran on full settings without a hiccup i know coz i have played.
Next time pls provide the source in ur post , i thot this was oficial req , if i knew this was not official i wud not have bothered to post in this thread when a thread for this is already running.

btw

My friend sent me this wiki link : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Carbon

The official PC system requirements from the NFS Carbon download Pre-Order Webpage are:

CPU: 1.4 GHz or faster
Ram: 256 MB or more
Hard Drive: 6 GB or more free space to download and install
Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Input: Keyboard, mouse, or USB Streering Wheel / Gamepad
[edit]
Compatible Video Card Chipsets
A Video card with 64 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets are required:

NVIDIA GeForce3 / NVIDIA GeForce4 (Ti series only) and ATI Radeon 8500 or higher.

akshayt said:
I don't think it will be run, what to talk of being playable. Does onboard video have SM 1.1 or so?

It has sm2.0, techno will be able to run the game , no idea how good but it will run. Post abt it techno when u get the game it will be interesting to know. u have core2 duo ?

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls

techno_funky said:
I wonder how carbon would run on my Onboard (GMA950) chip.

Maybe carbon will require pixel shader and if it doesn't then it will run slow on your pc.It is same as most wanted,i saw a video.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

tarey_g said:
@Akshay , For me anything which is 30+ fps is smooth thats what a human eye wants to keep it smooth , although the 60+ fps is considered a silk smooth experience but not many really see the difference.
That is true for RTS and RPG games but for FPS and racing games you need to have an average fps of 40-50+ because at certain times when the screen is filled with too many objects or during a collision the fps falls drastically. What matters is the minimum fps.

If you aim for an average fps of just 30 then at a key moment of the race the fps might fall to 15 or less and the game will stutter. So aim for 50 fps and your minimum fps will be 30+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom