Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Re: Need For Speed: Carbon, next in the NFS Series

drvarunmehta said:
That is true for RTS and RPG games but for FPS and racing games you need to have an average fps of 40-50+ because at certain times when the screen is filled with too many objects or during a collision the fps falls drastically. What matters is the minimum fps.

If you aim for an average fps of just 30 then at a key moment of the race the fps might fall to 15 or less and the game will stutter. So aim for 50 fps and your minimum fps will be 30+.

Ya a minimum fps of 30 , when i say 30 fps i mean a minimum not avg. what is the point of getting 15-20 fps at some point of a racing game.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth

Well Most Wanted ran flawlessly on my PC ,i ran the demo though.I guess i would definitely run the carbon demo before diving into the real thing.

@tarey yup ive got a core 2 duo machine.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

This is not a physics class. Go ask anybody and for a smooth performance in NFS you need 40FPS. 30FPS just won't do. A 6600GT can't play it maxed out, I had the 6600GT myself with a GB of RAM and A64 CPU.

Who the hell is saying that there will be race modes with 10-20 cars, can't we manually set it to 2-4 cars. If the game turns out to be CPU intensive, nothing less than a X2 or dual core would do. I would rather play with 4 components and enjoy the eyecandy.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

that is for sure...

i have a 6600GT 256mb on a64 3000+ on max setting, fps stays below 25 and definately for serious smooth racing at those mammoth speeds. 40 fps is min.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@akshayt, i was sayin that we have to race against 10-20 car in a race. (infact i'am the only person stating that in this forum, so dont put "who the hell......says this..that..." just point it to the person who said it :mad: )

:arrow: those race are part of Career. you take your team mates & race against other Teams.
Although you may have a choice to play against 4 "components" :D (opponents), if you procede all alone in career.(by not recruiting any team members)

watch some videos on youtube.com or nfs Carbon's official site.

you dont have to get a Dual Core procyy. for this. just a good Gfx. card & 1GB RAM would do it. (play Evolution GT, u have to race against 7 racers, 1GB RAM & P4-3.06GHz did well)
i was talking for the people who have Onboard Gfx. card like mine.:)

As far as the Eye-Candy go with NFS Series (after MW), there's nothing much to talk about.
but if you really want to see those (individual's opinion), then get the latest hardcore gamer card or XBoX360 to see the eye-candy of NFS Carbon-> detailed scratches, some better particle effects.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

akshayt said:
This is not a physics class. Go ask anybody and for a smooth performance in NFS you need 40FPS. 30FPS just won't do. A 6600GT can't play it maxed out, I had the 6600GT myself with a GB of RAM and A64 CPU.

Who the hell is saying that there will be race modes with 10-20 cars, can't we manually set it to 2-4 cars. If the game turns out to be CPU intensive, nothing less than a X2 or dual core would do. I would rather play with 4 components and enjoy the eyecandy.

Dude , first thing , the game ran on 30+(min) frames on my pc as well as my friend's similar pc on full settings, the game ran on both smoothly. I dont know what u or rollercoster experienced , but here the game was above 30. if minimum is 40 for u its not my problem but for a avg human eye frame rates of approximately 25 to 30 fps are considered minimally acceptable anything below that feels choppy.

Second thing , i have noticed that u r very confident abt what u write abt nfsc , but the truth is most of the time u dont know a thing , what s18000rpm is saying is true , if u have seen any video previews or read any text ones you must have known that the game is going to have races with 10 other cars. so pls keep the "who the hell" language to urself , we behave when we write stuff and expect the other ppl to do so.

@techno , cool man i didn't notice ur sig earlier :p . system config is cool why don't u get a nice video card .

Rollercoaster

actualy let me explain what i said...

the frame rate about most of the track is good. because mostly there are not many cars in front of u. But on max settings when u take a big turn or there are multiple cars(not traffic) then the fps takes a hit. either u dont have the keenest of eyes or u have not tried too...

it is the loading of world details and drawing of cars what takes its toll on the gfx card. and on the rest of the track there is nothing to bottelneck ur card(6600gt).

And of u ask serious gamers they are very much affcted with this variance of fps during the race. i know i am. so i think u have to get more experience.

and btw if u find 30fps kool to play(for nfs mw).. than its cool dude.. different people have different requirements and reactions to different things in this universe.

i am just more sensitive to finer details and a smoother experience. may be that is the 7+ years of gaming talking.. :)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

to experiment this FPS toll things, you can try this, get some 6-10 cops (heat lvl 5), & go thru the Pursuit Breaker at any Gas BunK (Petrol Bunk), The FPS really takes its toll, all the Smoke (from cop cars, bunk..) just eats up the GPU+CPU. & if you do this in RAIN & particularly at the Petrol Bunk near the "PARK" at Downtown RockPort.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Rollercoaster said:
actualy let me explain what i said...

the frame rate about most of the track is good. because mostly there are not many cars in front of u. But on max settings when u take a big turn or there are multiple cars(not traffic) then the fps takes a hit. either u dont have the keenest of eyes or u have not tried too...

it is the loading of world details and drawing of cars what takes its toll on the gfx card. and on the rest of the track there is nothing to bottelneck ur card(6600gt).

And of u ask serious gamers they are very much affcted with this variance of fps during the race. i know i am. so i think u have to get more experience.

and btw if u find 30fps kool to play(for nfs mw).. than its cool dude.. different people have different requirements and reactions to different things in this universe.

i am just more sensitive to finer details and a smoother experience. may be that is the 7+ years of gaming talking.. :)

@रोलरकोस्टर :) ,
what will i gain from lying abt the game performance! , i know i don't own the greatest system available . I posted here what my experience of the game was on my system ,and like i said b4 when i say around 30 fps then its the minimum, its not the avg fps allover the game , and i have played NFSMW on two cards , first a geforce 4 ti4200 on which i played on 800x600 with 2xaa and all options to max except possibly(long time i dont remember) texture mid and low filtering. the game was performing really well(although rare hiccups in loading new areas) , the second card i played on with the same config was with 6600gt with the full settings and it ran smooth without any probs. The low fps on turns or more traffic/opponent/police cars, never got that. The only prob was the if i played the game continously for 2.5-3 hrs the game started showing frame isues , restart the game and the issue is solved for next 3 hrs. Not a very big prob.

Talking abt me getting more experience in gaming , then let me inform that i have been playing games from last 15+ years on every console/pc i got hands on. I have played more racing games then i can remember and i know how to experience a racing game.

And its not that only i find 30 min fps enough, its true for every human being that 25 to 30 fps is bare minimum to experience a smooth gameplay , we watch our television telecast on 24 fps.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

show offs ko karo off please stick to the topic ....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

have you guys checked out the new official NFS website, its really cool.............. but big problem for people on limited bandwidth.

there's no NEWS about the DEMO yet.

some NFS fan sites have given some reviews on carbon on PS3, they say PS3 version will have a special Driving Physics for the PS3's Six Axis Controller.

Driving physics is same(EA style Arcadish) as other version (PC, Xbox) but with the Six Axis Controller, you can give a little push (while cornering )to the car during Drifting.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

No idea that sixaxis will ad to the gameplay or ruin it in case of racing games , the initial reports abt NFSC with a wii controller are total thumbs down, one handed driving with the wii controller has got some very bad reviews.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

yeah, its definitely a thumbs down for the "NFS Carbon+PS3", coz the Six Axis controller doent have Vibration Support.
So as far as NFS Carbon goes , in PC,XBoX, you can FEEL the car, most vibration with the Muscle Cars for their Monster Size Engines & heavy handling.

PS3 Owners will be let down, particularly the RACING game lovers, coz if you cant feel the cars, then its no FUN in playing.

:D Good Strategy by SONY to urge the PS3 Owners to by a Steering Wheel Set also.

Rollercoaster

absolutely man..
since i bought the logitech rumlepad my racing exp has completely gained a new level..

btw guys any final news on when the game is coming for the PC

fnatic@play

Broken In

not bothered to go thru it all -
when is it releasing in India?
is the collector's edition also being released in India??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

No Official NEWS, it still remains Nov. 1st.

Well as the EA's trend has been goin on with the past three titles,

NFSU - Released on November 18th
NFSU2 - Released on November 16th
NFSMW - Released on November 15th
(all these titles were supposed to be released on Nov. 1 !)

expect Carbon In Mid November. :D

Third Eye

gooby pls

Need for speed carbon is Need for speed Most wanted 2nd,only graphics have changed but gameplay and other things remains the same.The cars in need for speed carbon are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom