need earphones for ipod touch. budget lowest possible [max 1.5k]

Hrishi

As far as TwinWoofer goes , they were pretty good for 1100 RS , when launched initially. Can't exactly say them as crap. They do require lot of burn-in time though. Have decent balanced sound.
Good build quality and finish. However had certain issues with left/right ear pieces for lots of users.

Don't buy yourself Creative EP630 if you are planning for a long time , rough use. THey are not durable. My couple of friends had them , but most of them complained about its durability.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Yes, its the EX100 and I'll vote for the Panasonic over it. I feel the sony sounds rather "brittle" in the sound it produces. Brightish treble and not enough bass to compensate. Havent heard ES18's

Scavenger

Broken In
I would recommend SM E10 if you can afford few more bucks...It's will satisfy all ur needs overwhelmingly!!!
SoundMAGIC E10 IEM Earphones (Red-Black)
Use coupon "fb2012fiver" to get 5% discount.

If you can't afford it then try SM ES18, you can buy it eyes closed and it's very cheap and its sound quality can compete with headphones priced twice than it!

audiophilic

Journeyman
Rishi said:
Good build quality and finish. However had certain issues with left/right ear pieces for lots of users.
This is a very common issue with most earphones mate, even the cx300ii failed within 6.5 months of usage, klipsch s4i within 1 year. Skullcandy will fail you in 2-3 months. If total no. of people were to write about failing headphones, this would be one hell of a boring forum over here :p. My pair of Twinwoofers have survived for too long already, so i guess they're still cool for me and i'm still using them.. :-D

I'm trying to figure out something here... Over time, the dust has accumulated on its surfaces. I want to know to clean them. I want those shiny lines visible again!

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Those failures are just waaayyy too early. I havent had a single failures on any of my IEMs yet (Using IEMs for nearly two years now, most are the supermarket cheapos you find everywhere). Claim warranty if possible...

audiophilic

Journeyman
Those failures are just waaayyy too early. I havent had a single failures on any of my IEMs yet (Using IEMs for nearly two years now, most are the supermarket cheapos you find everywhere). Claim warranty if possible...

Sennheiser had actually refused to approve my claim, saying that i had to pay a service charge of Rs.250 and it will take 2-3 weeks to get problem solved. I gave up. So i got myself a new cx300ii, just to keep it in my existing collection. I'd say i don't hate it but i don't like it either. Either way, its not a bad iem. No mate, such failures can occur any time, and its never too late because the smaller the audio equipment is there more difficult its to handle them safely. I do my best, so after my first lesson, i became more careful. I'm also pretty careful with my twinwoofers, so it hasn't failed me yet! jajaja You're lucky not to experience any such failures, maybe coz you has been careful already :D

5fusion

Journeyman
I would recommend SM E10 if you can afford few more bucks...It's will satisfy all ur needs overwhelmingly!!!
:thumbs:
Soundmagic E10 would be best in that budget. now available on homeshop18 for just 1.5k. grab it before it gets out of stock.
has a straight plug but wont matter much for the sound quality you get.

E30 if you can get a deal.
:doublethumb:
IMO nothing beats soundmagic for sheer sound quality in the prices they are available for:)) but again sound is subjective:wink:

ratul

█████████████████
+1 to E10 from HomeShop18, buy it ASAP, coz they go out of stock pretty soon.. :p
to assure you of it's sound quality:

Disclaimer: Sound Quality is subjective and depends on the ears of the listener.. :p

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I have decided to buy the E10. According to ClieOS its got a slightly U shaped response which is exactly what I use with WMP with HJE120.

Are these the same?
Sound Magic E10 Headset . Buy Best Sound Magic E10 Headset at Lowest Price Online
Sound Magic E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black . Buy Best Sound Magic E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black at Lowest Price Online

Scavenger

Broken In
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I have decided to buy the E10. According to ClieOS its got a slightly U shaped response which is exactly what I use with WMP with HJE120.

Are these the same?
Sound Magic E10 Headset . Buy Best Sound Magic E10 Headset at Lowest Price Online
Sound Magic E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black . Buy Best Sound Magic E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black at Lowest Price Online

Yes bro you are damn right!!!
PM me if you need a discount coupon and buy it @1200k:-D

audiophilic

Journeyman
^^LOL. I have one more award for it. The ugliest looking...or should i say 'funniest' looking. They do look like they have been kissed all over by a chick. Anyone checked out other soundmagic products? does anyone even have a link to their products?

tkin

Back to school!!

Are these the same?
Both same, just different colors.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^^LOL. I have one more award for it. The ugliest looking...or should i say 'funniest' looking. They do look like they have been kissed all over by a chick. Anyone checked out other soundmagic products? does anyone even have a link to their products?

Thats not a matter of concern. I feel its a decent looking pair. I own the RED hje120 (it was 70rs cheaper than the black when I got it) :D

UPDATE: Ordered the E10 at 1.2k. Thanks a lot Scavenger. :) :toast:

@OP: If you can wait for a week, I'll let you know what I think of these as compared my mighty ;) Panasonics.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
E10 has straight 3.5mm jack. I wanted a right angled one.
Anyways. Ordered es18 yesterday

Thanks for your help guys.

Top Bottom