need earphones for ipod touch. budget lowest possible [max 1.5k]

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello, i am looking for good earphones [in ear type] for my ipod, my requirements are:

1. should be reliable [i will use it for ~2years. good warranty and build quality preferred]
2. good sound quality [good bass preferred]
3. earphones must have right angled 3.5mm jack. not straight ones

i have previously used only cheap earphones. like local Rs150 walas and stock LG p500 and ipod touch earphones. almost all of them died in 1year [except stock ipod earphones]

i am considering these,

1. sennheiser CX180 street II

please suggest some good earphones according to my requirements.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Anything except the twinwoofers.
I have heard of pretty bad stories about them. Not worth it. I took a look myself at the related Flipkart page and yes, I am convinced about the fraud.

I dont know how the two others sound, but keep off your hard-earned cash from the twinwoofers.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Pick either the PL30 or the Sennheiser. I own the latter and have say that the CX180 is a great pair of IEM‘s.

audiophilic

Journeyman
I have heard of pretty bad stories about them. Not worth it. I took a look myself at the related Flipkart page and yes, I am convinced about the fraud.

I dont know how the two others sound, but keep off your hard-earned cash from the twinwoofers.

Those are outrageous statements from someone who has never used Twinwoofers. Sounded like my grandma when he said "I have heard..."

My advice is you can go for Twinwoofers, its the best you'll ever buy for 1000-3000Rs. Usually people are jealous of it because they don't have the guts to accept that its an Indian brand. And PS, Twinwoofers is the most popular sub Rs.1500 headphones everywhere you will go.. from flipkart, to snapdeal to infibeam. So my advice is, don't listen to lamers who only know to hate. Other than this, its your own decision. You can believe me or not. If Twinwoofers can easily blow cx300ii out of the equation, then cx180 stands no chance! I've never used soundmagic products so i won't say anything.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Those are outrageous statements from someone who has never used Twinwoofers. Sounded like my grandma when he said "I have heard..."

My advice is you can go for Twinwoofers, its the best you'll ever buy for 1000-3000Rs. Usually people are jealous of it because they don't have the guts to accept that its an Indian brand.
Oh!really!!
AFAIK you have managed to convince a couple of naive members with your TW crap,and all of them later realised their mistakes.
Regarding Indian brands,heard of Signature Acoustics? They are the first and only good iem manufacturer form India.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i forgot to mention, [edited 1st post too], earphones must have right angled 3.5mm jack. not straight ones.. PL30 has the straight ones. sennheiser CX180 and twinwoofers have right angled jack.

any other earphones meeting my requirements in that price range?

PL30 eyes closed, or E30 if you can get a deal.

PL30 has straight 3.5mm jack. :( and E30 is out of my budget

Pick either the PL30 or the Sennheiser. I own the latter and have say that the CX180 is a great pair of IEM‘s.

thanks. how's build quality and bass ??

My advice is you can go for Twinwoofers, its the best you'll ever buy for 1000-3000Rs. Usually people are jealous of it because they don't have the guts to accept that its an Indian brand. And PS, Twinwoofers is the most popular sub Rs.1500 headphones everywhere you will go.. from flipkart, to snapdeal to infibeam. So my advice is, don't listen to lamers who only know to hate. Other than this, its your own decision. You can believe me or not. If Twinwoofers can easily blow cx300ii out of the equation, then cx180 stands no chance! I've never used soundmagic products so i won't say anything.

how is the build quality? i am planning to use them for ~2yrs. and i don't listen to music regularly. [3-4times a week total 2hrs in a week]

tkin

Back to school!!
i forgot to mention, [edited 1st post too], earphones must have right angled 3.5mm jack. not straight ones.. PL30 has the straight ones. sennheiser CX180 and twinwoofers have right angled jack.

any other earphones meeting my requirements in that price range?

PL30 has straight 3.5mm jack. :( and E30 is out of my budget

thanks. how's build quality and bass ??

how is the build quality? i am planning to use them for ~2yrs. and i don't listen to music regularly. [3-4times a week total 2hrs in a week]
My bad, get CX180 Street II, or Soundmagic PL21:
[REVIEW] SoundMAGIC PL21

I recommend the PL21.

And don't buy Tekfusion, you'll regret it, period, I will not repeat myself(this coming for someone who owns Koss Portapro, AT M35, both PL30, E30, and a range of sony headphones), it can't match Senn/Soundmagic quality.

Also tekfusion has horrible build quality, cable breaks easily.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Now look, I havent used a twinwoofer, I admit it and I never said anything otherwise. I was once upon a time eyeing them and I did my pre-purchase research. So I have every right to advise OP regarding them. Popular isnt the same as good, just because a product is popular doesnt mean that its good. If I sound like your grandma then I can assure that your grandma gives sound and measured advice, so maybe take a moment to listen to her.

@OP: Have a look at the Panasonic HJE120 IEMs. They are dirt cheap at less than 500 rupees and have exceptional comfort when worn. They do have a right angled connector too. I havent heard the soundmagics or the cx180, but I do have a grado sr60i and comparing the difference in the prices of the panasonic and the grado, it is a mighty fine achievement. The good level of noise isolation coupled with the comfort and fit makes them a wonderful purchase at Rs.500

They do have a slightly flimsy looking cable but nothing to be really worried as I have been using mine for nearly 8 months now with absolutely no issues. Since you are willing to shell out 1.5k , you might have better options though. Anyways, just take a look if interested.

Btw, OP, dont trust my words about the tekfusion blindly, why not have a look here:
Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones Reviews in India: Headphones | Flipkart.com

audiophilic

Journeyman

I've not used them for 2 yrs, but they have surely lasted me for 8 months and i'm still using them. You should be far off with them compared to cx300ii, which is another low budget headphones. If you prefer to use a pair of headphones for 2 yrs or so, you shouldn't ask for a max 1.5k headphones, because none will last you that long without at least one warranty claim. ;) Just my 2 cents from my experience.

Obviously Twinwoofers is way better than any sub-Rs.5000 earphones from sennheiser, skullcandy, sony, bose, beats, monster, v-moda, and ofcourse philips. Its up to you to decide when you listen them. Check out reviews from professional websites such as Exhibit magazine, which voted them 5/5, rather than listening to a couple of douches here. For your reference:

*exhibitmag.com/review-tekfusion-twinwoofers-earphones/

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
My bad, get CX180 Street II, or Soundmagic PL21:
[REVIEW] SoundMAGIC PL21

I recommend the PL21.

And don't buy Tekfusion, you'll regret it, period, I will not repeat myself(this coming for someone who owns Koss Portapro, AT M35, both PL30, E30, and a range of sony headphones), it can't match Senn/Soundmagic quality.

Also tekfusion has horrible build quality, cable breaks easily.

checked some ownership reviews on other sites and forums. i think twinwoofers might sound better, but they are not as good as soundmagic or sennheiser in terms of reliability over long period. many people reported issues like wire problem and one earphone stops working etc. i've decided to stay away from twin woofers.

Now look, I havent used a twinwoofer, I admit it and I never said anything otherwise. I was once upon a time eyeing them and I did my pre-purchase research. So I have every right to advise OP regarding them. Popular isnt the same as good, just because a product is popular doesnt mean that its good. If I sound like your grandma then I can assure that your grandma gives sound and measured advice, so maybe take a moment to listen to her.

@OP: Have a look at the Panasonic HJE120 IEMs. They are dirt cheap at less than 500 rupees and have exceptional comfort when worn. They do have a right angled connector too. I havent heard the soundmagics or the cx180, but I do have a grado sr60i and comparing the difference in the prices of the panasonic and the grado, it is a mighty fine achievement. The good level of noise isolation coupled with the comfort and fit makes them a wonderful purchase at Rs.500

They do have a slightly flimsy looking cable but nothing to be really worried as I have been using mine for nearly 8 months now with absolutely no issues. Since you are willing to shell out 1.5k , you might have better options though. Anyways, just take a look if interested.

Btw, OP, dont trust my words about the tekfusion blindly, why not have a look here:
Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones Reviews in India: Headphones | Flipkart.com
already checked it yesterday. decided to stay away from them. reliability is my main concern.

I've not used them for 2 yrs, but they have surely lasted me for 8 months and i'm still using them. You should be far off with them compared to cx300ii, which is another low budget headphones. If you prefer to use a pair of headphones for 2 yrs or so, you shouldn't ask for a max 1.5k headphones, because none will last you that long without at least one warranty claim. ;) Just my 2 cents from my experience.

Obviously Twinwoofers is way better than any sub-Rs.5000 earphones from sennheiser, skullcandy, sony, bose, beats, monster, v-moda, and ofcourse philips. Its up to you to decide when you listen them. Check out reviews from professional websites such as Exhibit magazine, which voted them 5/5, rather than listening to a couple of douches here. For your reference:

Review: TEKFUSION TWINWOOFERS EARPHONES | Exhibit Magazine

i liked twinwoofers but i've decided not to buy it :(

and actually would listen to people who've used it for 6 months or so. reviewers don't use them that long before reviewing so they can't really tell about long term reliability.

did a little research and found this: [correct me if i am wrong]

sennheiser CX180 : good warranty package 2year, lacks bass, too much treble
SoundMAGIC PL21 : good sound but lacks bass [not sure, reviewers said its ok but some people say its not good], some people reported its not reliable.
Creative EP-630 : reliable and good quality sound and bass but lacks right angled connector
Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K :cheap and good quality sound and bass for its price wil buy it if none of other earphones satisfy my needs

how is Sony MDR-EX220LP and MDR-EX100LP ??

ps: i've no sennheiser/soundmagic service center in my city. so does that make 2yr warranty on senn useless? i cant rma in case earphones die w/o svc center in my city.

tkin

Back to school!!

Review: TEKFUSION TWINWOOFERS EARPHONES | Exhibit Magazine
From the review:
Review
The build quality of these Tekfusion earphones is really quite good, with details in design of almost every little component present on it. They are quite light weight too but tough. They are fully metal made, and have partial gloss and partial matte finish – a thing of beauty. Below each earpiece is a strain relief that separates the drivers from their cables. This protects them from breaking at the joints, we presume. The Y splitter is compact, and surprisingly small in size. There is a cable slider and clip you can use from this point. Coming to the plug – they have 3.5mm gold coated connector, and the plug is not right angled. This may be a red flag for the right angle plug lovers. The silicon eartips provided are extremely comforting to the ear canals, and you can keep listening for hours without noticing something is in your ears. Coming to the actual sound output, we can simply say – that it is OUTSTANDING! The HIGHS are very clear, the MIDS are excellent and BASS is booming! Even though the BASS of some of the competition is slightly higher, it is barely noticeable. Plus, the separation of the HIGHS, MIDS and BASS is also very good – right up there with competition like Klipsch, Sennheiser, Bose and Sound Magic.
So funny, oh, do provide us with some more hilarious sites, this one was mildly amusing.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@ OP : The HLE120 is definitely better than the Creative EP630s. That much I can assure you.

@audiophilic: I can swear I have read that review (atleast parts of that review somewhere else too. That alone is enough reason to not take that particular review very seriously)
Further, looking at the extremely vague comparisons the reviewer makes, I am not very convinced by his reviewing abilities.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Going by the looks of it, I think a friend of mine has the EX100LP, if its indeed the same, then the Panasonic is better than it. I'll confirm tomorrow.

Top Bottom