Need CPU,MoBo and DDR3

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
Hi all,
One of my friend just got his 4yr old MoBo pwned.Now he wants to buy new CPU and MoBo andI told him that most new boards support only ddr3.
His budget is 10k.
He is into 3D and use 3D Max, Maya and zbrush.
Both Intel and AMD will do fine.He is not a fanboy.:-D
All he want is great performance per buck.

satyamy

Alive Again...
above Cilus AMD Config is good, but i personally like Intel

If his old mobo expired than he must be needing whole unit, coz PSU is also 4 years old wont support new Proc

My Suggestion
Approx Price
Intel Core i3 @ Rs. 5000/-
Intel Board DH55TC (or similar many available in market) @ Rs. 5000/-
Kingston 2GB DDR3 RAM @ Rs. 1050/-
350W Cooler Master PSU Rs. 1750/-
Total = 12800/-

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Cilus's configuration is very good. Stick with it as x4 635 has 4 physical cores as opposed to i3 530 which will benefit maya and 3d max. Invest in a good gpu with the money saved.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Core i3 is a dual core processor and has 4 logical cores compared to 4 physical cores of Athlon II 635.
In gaming Core i3 is better than Athlon II 635 but in 3D Max and Maya which are heavily multithreaded ,Athlon II X4 is a better option.

And satyamay, the Cooler Master PSu you have suggested is likely the Coller Master Extreme series PSU which is having very bad reputation about their reliability. So avoid them.

My suggestion will be

Athlon II X4 635 @ 4.4K
ECS 885GM A2 @ 4.3K
Corsair CX400 @ 2.5K
Corsair 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.025K

Total is around 12.2K.

regarding PSU if you want to reduce price further, you can go for Colorsit 500W PSU available @ 1.5K. They are better than local PSUs and will be able to run medium range graphics cards also. my friend is having almost same config I've suggested and he is running his HD 5750 with it for almost 1.4 years.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H - 4.8k(theitwares price).The price might be different at your local retailers.Just confirm with your retailer.But very difficult to find a good MoBo under 4.5k.The one suggested by Cilus is very good.

kapilgupta

Right off the assembly line
sorry for disturbing but I want to know that
How we can find that a motherboard supports integrated graphics in core i3/i5 processors

or a list of motherboards that support this

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@kapilgupta
1. if the cpu is from 1st generation core processors - you will need a h55 chipset based board and core i3(any) or core i5 6** series.
2. if the cpu is from latest 2nd generation intel core processors a.k.a. sandybridge - you will need a h67 chipset based board. the integrated graphics are present on all core i3, core i5, core i7.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ of course, till you use 1st gen Core i* processor (i3 or i5 6**). actually H55 provides the video outs that are missing from P55 boards.

Top Bottom