Need Andriod Phone -- Large Display

gump

Broken In
Hi,

I am in need of a Andriod Phone (Strictly Androids only)

Budget: Around 20k can extend by max 22k NOT A PENNY MORE :-(

I want the biggest possible screen size phone in this range.

Main Use is Camera. Secondary Use would be moderate gaming.

Currently the following phones are under consideration

SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G

Motorola Photon 4G

Please advice guys, which is a better phone of the above two models, or is there anything else better than the above :)

Thanks

SunE

Professional Newbie
Hey there. The phones that you mentioned are, AFAIK, US only. That means they won't be available here in India and probably won't work if you're importing one.

Now for 20-22k there aren't a lotta options of good Androids that you can purchase.Most of the better ones start from upwards of 25k.

Hence, the best option for your needs according to me is the Motorola Atrix 2.
Motorola Atrix 2: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

OP
G

gump

Broken In
@SunE : Yes those are US models, Unlocked and made to use in INDIA also :p

I heard Photo 4G's RAM is better than Atrix2 's ..... Is photon4G a better buy than Atrix2 ?

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well Atrix 2 has 1GB RAM and the only phone I know having more RAM than that is the US and Korea versions of SGS 3. Now I'd advice against buying Photon 4G because it won't have Indian warranty and motorola service is not good for even those phones with genuine warranty. Think about the troubles if by any chance something happens to the Photon.

As for the rest of the phone's you posted they are outta your budget and upwards of 25k. SGS2 is still a great phone for around 26-27k and you can buy it if you can afford. But at that range Moto RAZR is also a great phone. If you want to buy a phone without warranty then consider the Galaxy Nexus. Xperia P is not a good option.

SGS2=(almost)Moto RAZR< SGS3<Galaxy NOTE

OP
G

gump

Broken In
Sony Xperia P is available for Rs 23,500 on ebay. is this a good phone for Shooting pics.

My Main Purpose is Camera, Internal Memory and little bit of casual gaming :p

rider

as Kratos
Sony Xperia P is available for Rs 23,500 on ebay. is this a good phone for Shooting pics.

My Main Purpose is Camera, Internal Memory and little bit of casual gaming :p

Keep in mind Sony Xperia P is a nice phone, awesome camera but with a disastrous battery life.

mitraark

Decrepit
Atrix 2 seems to be a fit as per your requirements , inquire about their service in your area though.

OP
G

gump

Broken In
another query... just now saw Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S LT18i Mobile in ebay for around 17k. this has got 8MP camera.. this is good enough, will this get ICS update ?

rider

as Kratos
another query... just now saw Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S LT18i Mobile in ebay for around 17k. this has got 8MP camera.. this is good enough, will this get ICS update ?

Already got ICS update, months ago. But it has just 512MB RAM.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Dude i need a pHone ....

Need a Camera Mobile with at-least 8MP

How is Sony Xperia P ? is this better than SG2 or Atrix 2 or Photon 4G ?

ohh...sorry...i missed your camera requirement...otherwise Galaxy tab2 is worth evry penny as it has
  • 1 ghz dual core
  • microSD, up to 64 GB Internal 8/16/32 GB storage
  • 1GB RAM
  • 7inch display
  • 4000 mah battery :cool:
  • can be used as a phone(sim card slot)

randomuser111

Technomancer
Since camera is your main requirement, get the Xperia P. It has better camera than anything else in your budget including the Galaxy S II.
The battery life is NOT disastrous. There have been a few updates for the P now and after 10 days or so of usage it has battery life on par with other phones in its range. No worse.

rider

as Kratos
Xperia P Battery test See how disaster the battery is, and don't say it's wrong GSMarena do these tests after use of weeks under experts. Every phone's battery increases after some days of use.

OP
G

gump

Broken In
OK guys, dropping Xperia P due to heavy -ve comments on the battery. then is Galaxy S II a safe bet to buy ?

How is HTC Sensation compared to S2

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia P Battery test See how disaster the battery is, and don't say it's wrong GSMarena do these tests after use of weeks under experts. Every phone's battery increases after some days of use.

Who told you GSMArena tested battery for WEEKS ? They don't test battery life for weeks.
Go and check battery usage graph from real users here.
Got my Xperia P today... - xda-developers

Not saying GSMArena reviewers are idiots, but Sony NXT series phones battery backup improves after a week or two of usage SIGNIFICANTLY. Also don't forget Xperia P has the brightest screen of any smartphone so @50% brightness the Xperia P is as bright or brighter than all other smartphones @100% brightness. So it really isn't a fair test. If you lower the brightness then the numbers would be much higher. Xperia P @50% brightness is brighter than Galaxy S2, Galaxy s3, S advance by 200 cd/m2. So how would you expect the P to deliver great numbers when its just not logical to expect it. Use the Galaxy S2,S advance etc @100% brightness n then see how long the battery lasts on those.

@gump

Yes the GSII is a safe bet to buy. I wouldn't recommend Sensation.
But for camera quality Xperia P is the pick of the lot. And the battery life improves over time.

Comment on battery life by actual user @XDA
"One of the biggest downsides of it unfortunately is the [ yes, u all already know it ] battery. From personal experience i can tell that first time i got it , ohh...it was poor. Hardly a day usage out of full charge...but...totally honest here...it actually gets better over time. In fact it got alot better now, just been to work, come back home after 12 hours. Precisely i took it of charge 7.00 am, it's nearly 7 pm as of now and there's still 40% on it. Todays usage includes mainly internet browsing some ocasional camera use as well, couple of phone calls and messages with different settings on display as i was testing it's brightness in sunny weather today in Manchester [screen's a fine piece of technology btw, works very well in direct sunlight, but i had to increase the brightness a bit, say 75%]. Conclusion : screen, even tho it uses battery the most, it is not the main factor draining the batterys life, it's the wi-fi and 3g that really quick suck the life out of it. it seems to me that it does anyway. All in all it's a 1305 mAh unit and it is just not going to be any better than that, so i advice to charge it for a long time for let's say a first week or two, 6-8 hour charge over night. It will increase battery performance and you should get a full day of moderate usage."

Last edited:
Top Bottom