Need Andriod Phone -- Large Display

OP
G

gump

Broken In
@randomuser111 What is the battery life of Xperia P, heard its a non-removable battery, so once the battery life dies, should i also change my phone ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
You don't need to change the phone. You can get the battery changed by giving it at the service center or you could do it yourself too if you want to. You can find dis assembly guides online. The battery life is similar to any other smartphone. Max 1 day of moderate usage. No better or worse than others in its range. Atrix 2 is the only device in the range to offer significantly better battery life but its camera is nowhere near Xperia P quality.

P.S. If you use 3G/Wifi all the time, keep browsing multiple tabs, all the time whatsapp/messenger, checking fb, playing games for 1 hour or more then I would say get the SII or Atrix2. With such heavy usage the P won't be recommended. For normal usage - moderate usage, its absolutely fine.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
OK guys, dropping Xperia P due to heavy -ve comments on the battery. then is Galaxy S II a safe bet to buy ?

How is HTC Sensation compared to S2

I think HTC Sensation is discontinued better to spend to a good phone like galaxy S II.

@randomuser111 Good idea I should buy Xperia P and use it as tubelight. :rofl:

You think professionals experts of gsmarena knows less than that xda user and you.

randomuser111

Technomancer
@Rider

Yes they certainly know less than actual users :). You keep saying about your HP DV6 everywhere but most review sites may not agree with what you say. But who is more correct, you or the review sites? Of course you, as you actually have used it long enough and use it the normal way and not with an objective to find out its plus n minus points and post a review of it as soon as possible.

And as for your tubelight comment. Suppose you and your friend decide to race lugging behind you 2 boxes. Your box weighs 20kg whereas the box your friend is lugging weighs just 8kg. So if he wins the race, would you deem his victory fair ? Reviews are there just to give you an idea. Don't consider reviews to be the final word like a holy book or something :)
There are always discrepancies and irregularities when it comes to such review data.

I am not saying the Xperia P has best battery life in the world, but overall it has no worse battery life than most Android smartphones out there. Name me a smartphone except Droid Razr Maxx that can give you two days of heavy usage. Absolutely none. All suck at battery life. None will get through a day easily and the same applies to the P.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
@Rider

Yes they certainly know less than actual users :). You keep saying about your HP DV6 everywhere but most review sites may not agree with what you say. But who is more correct, you or the review sites? Of course you, as you actually have used it long enough and use it the normal way and not with an objective to find out its plus n minus points and post a review of it as soon as possible.

And as for your tubelight comment. Suppose you and your friend decide to race lugging behind you 2 boxes. Your box weighs 20kg whereas the box your friend is lugging weighs just 8kg. So if he wins the race, would you deem his victory fair ? Reviews are there just to give you an idea. Don't consider reviews to be the final word like a holy book or something :)
There are always discrepancies and irregularities when it comes to such review data.

I am not saying the Xperia P has best battery life in the world, but overall it has no worse battery life than most Android smartphones out there. Name me a smartphone except Droid Razr Maxx that can give you two days of heavy usage. Absolutely none. All suck at battery life. None will get through a day easily and the same applies to the P.

Are you sure that GSMarena review is based on not same amount of brightness as other phones? They knows everything about its brightness and probably have done review on this basis, you know they are experts. For this better to take comments of at least 8-10 users on battery. This phone has not even a personal page in XDA forum.
For battery i would say, it is not removable.. what if the phone hangs and when you have to get new battery, you have to pay a lost of money to sony technicians just for the change. BTW my hp dv6 model is no where reviewed on internet, except our TDF. :p

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes you can read more about it where they explained about the test clearly that all phones are tested at 50% brightness. Not just GSMArena but all sites use the same method of setting the phones at 50% brightness and then looping a video or whatever.

They should rather test all smartphones at equivalent 150 cd/m2 brightness since that is a minimum average brightness and will not give any phones an unfair advantage :)

Also I am telling you the battery life is average and no worse than others based on feedback from not 8-10 but more than 25 users. You can personally ask TDF forum members "TheletterD" and "aaryan" about battery life as they got the P recently.

As for your questions

1)when it hangs - you need to press volume up+power button for 10 secs and the phone will hard reset itself. And this works EVERY time and is not dependent on the Android system

2) When you have to get a new battery - you can either give it to service center or you can do it yourself too if one is smart and brave enough :p

P.S. LOL I guess I read some review about your laptop somewhere. Don't remember. Anyway did you review it yourself ? Send me a link if you posted a review yourself here.

rider

as Kratos
^
Yes you can read more about it where they explained about the test clearly that all phones are tested at 50% brightness. Not just GSMArena but all sites use the same method of setting the phones at 50% brightness and then looping a video or whatever.

They should rather test all smartphones at equivalent 150 cd/m2 brightness since that is a minimum average brightness and will not give any phones an unfair advantage :)

Also I am telling you the battery life is average and no worse than others based on feedback from not 8-10 but more than 25 users. You can personally ask TDF forum members "TheletterD" and "aaryan" about battery life as they got the P recently.

As for your questions

1)when it hangs - you need to press volume up+power button for 10 secs and the phone will hard reset itself. And this works EVERY time and is not dependent on the Android system

2) When you have to get a new battery - you can either give it to service center or you can do it yourself too if one is smart and brave enough :p

P.S. LOL I guess I read some review about your laptop somewhere. Don't remember. Anyway did you review it yourself ? Send me a link if you posted a review yourself here.

Alright, Do you work in sony india?
No, I didn't reviewed my laptop myself, my laptop comes in best seller specs in 50-60k budget last year as well as Q1 2012. TDF thread passed 100 pages more than laptop queries thread. It was like steal at that price getting a laptop of almost same specs and features of 1.3lac macbook pro specially awesome HD 6770M 2GB DDR5 GPU.

Top Bottom