Need Advice - R9 290x or R9 290

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
At everything max (Except PhysX)? Then it's awesome. Try Crysis 3 in hardcore.

Yes, Except PhysX its around 102 avg.
Will be trying Crysis 3 within few days.

Congrats and read on ;) :D

BenQ RL2450H monitor Review - Monitors - none - Good Gear Guide by PC World Australia
BenQ RL2450H RTS Gaming Monitor Review | TheGamersPad
Hardware Review: BenQ RL2450H RTS Monitor | games.on.net

What Do you think TOP , Is The Monitor a Good Deal at 13.5k?

congrats on the purchase ;)

Many Thanks Mate.

@OP; post picture of your cabinet internals :)

I will do it soon, I have a Bad Cable Management lating down inside so give me few days and I shall Pic the Whole in Clean Way.

CAN I Xfire This 290 with its upcoming Sapphire TriX version ? Or I again have to get a Reference one?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, Except PhysX its around 102 avg.
Will be trying Crysis 3 within few days.

What Do you think TOP , Is The Monitor a Good Deal at 13.5k?

Many Thanks Mate.

I will do it soon, I have a Bad Cable Management lating down inside so give me few days and I shall Pic the Whole in Clean Way.

CAN I Xfire This 290 with its upcoming Sapphire TriX version ? Or I again have to get a Reference one?

If gaming is what you only want then it's a perfect choice at this price otherwise there's Dell S2420L but it has no DVI port. Anyway, if you want to CF in future then the check out BenQ XL series monitors :D.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
yup, it will work fine.

Thanks mate, you relieved me.

If gaming is what you only want then it's a perfect choice at this price otherwise there's Dell S2420L but it has no DVI port. Anyway, if you want to CF in future then the check out BenQ XL series monitors :D.

Ya that is why I took this one. Its working quite fine . But I will going for a 1440p monitor next time, so any BenQ one would cost me like?

congrats!!

waiting to see a pic of your complete set

Happy gaming. :razz:

Ya Cable management done, clicking the pics and posting in 1 day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as expected and Predicted - A slight bottleneck is happening . Will the OC of CPU will work good or I have to play with some extra money to get a new upcoming AMD CPU?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Ya that is why I took this one. Its working quite fine . But I will going for a 1440p monitor next time, so any BenQ one would cost me like?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as expected and Predicted - A slight bottleneck is happening . Will the OC of CPU will work good or I have to play with some extra money to get a new upcoming AMD CPU?

what bottlenecking are you facing?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

don't know about the availability of any 1440p monitors from Benq in here but you may have a look at the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM @ ~45k or Asus PB278Q @43k.

S.S gadgets

Broken In
R9 290 & R9 290X is really a budget card as per the performance ratio.

Have a look GUYS.. ;)

Radeon R9 290/290X review • Reviews • Eurogamer.net

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
don't know about the availability of any 1440p monitors from Benq in here but you may have a look at the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM @ ~45k or Asus PB278Q @43k.

Thanks Top. I would go either with Asus or Dell.

Now, CRYSIS 3- ALL MAX Out with 2x SMAA - AVG Frame-50 --- DO you think its fine? I think the card should be giving 60 but due to the bottleneck issue, its getting constrained.

Right?

Last edited:
OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
^its fine, might be slight bottleneck

Alright.

And Also a Curious Question to ask-

How come Nvidia out-Performing AMD cards in 2 most fascinated games - Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 ?

Even EVGA 780 sc is performing better than both 290 cards. I need a SOLID on this question as this is crippling my mind from last 2 weeks :-x

Top Bottom