Need Advice - R9 290x or R9 290

^ Didn't you see the "nvidia" logo and hear the "nvidiaaaaaaaaa" sound in the beginning? It means that the game is optimised for Nvidia chips. This might be a vague answer though.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
All GPU reviews are done on Intel chips. And you're using FX-8150 which although is a good chip, but not comparable to Intels for gaming. It was regressive when compared to Phenom II. Piledriver/FX-8350 is okay though.

Your peformance won't be same as that in reviews.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
All GPU reviews are done on Intel chips. And you're using FX-8150 which although is a good chip, but not comparable to Intels for gaming. It was regressive when compared to Phenom II. Piledriver/FX-8350 is okay though.

Your peformance won't be same as that in reviews.

Hm, Then I think I should move on to Intel now else I wont be getting desired and legit performance.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Alright.

And Also a Curious Question to ask-

How come Nvidia out-Performing AMD cards in 2 most fascinated games - Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 ?

Even EVGA 780 sc is performing better than both 290 cards. I need a SOLID on this question as this is crippling my mind from last 2 weeks :-x

780 ghz edition is faster than R9 290.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^ Didn't you see the "nvidia" logo and hear the "nvidiaaaaaaaaa" sound in the beginning? It means that the game is optimised for Nvidia chips. This might be a vague answer though.

which Crysis 3 version has "nvidaaaa" ? :lol: i have the one with "gaming evolved"

Thanks Top. I would go either with Asus or Dell.

Now, CRYSIS 3- ALL MAX Out with 2x SMAA - AVG Frame-50 --- DO you think its fine? I think the card should be giving 60 but due to the bottleneck issue, its getting constrained.

Right?

R9 290 will give u 50~52 min frames and 62 at average at that res and preset with 0XAA, with 2XSMAA i believe its ok...to get 50 in average used to get 42 ...not an issue. and indeed in this game 780 performs 2-3 FPS better than 290, i think it doesn't matter, i mean you have bought a very very potent card for solid gaming right? not to see that if it beats a months old nvidia card?

Last edited:
OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
One word: overclock. Wait for some time and you'll see multi-core optimized games.

Really? Then I am waiting.

you have top class OC mobo,Get aftermarket cooler and you can easily take it to 4.7-5ghz :wink:

I have Hyper 212X EVO - Will that do good?

which Crysis 3 version has "nvidaaaa" ? :lol: i have the one with "gaming evolved"

R9 290 will give u 50~52 min frames and 62 at average at that res and preset with 0XAA, with 2XSMAA i believe its ok...to get 50 in average used to get 42 ...not an issue. and indeed in this game 780 performs 2-3 FPS better than 290, i think it doesn't matter, i mean you have bought a very very potent card for solid gaming right? not to see that if it beats a months old nvidia card?

Hey Sam dont get me wrong mate, i didnt mean I bought just to beat Nvidia. I am trying to explain how could a Next gen architecture can be out performed by those Gtx 780? But then I thought of the botleneck and single core performance of Intel are the points to get considered in. AMD FX 8150 is not a Good Procy to be very frank , I am feeling like I have wasted 15k for just a bit performance .

Correct me If I am Wrong , please .

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Really? Then I am waiting.

Hey Sam dont get me wrong mate, i didnt mean I bought just to beat Nvidia. I am trying to explain how could a Next gen architecture can be out performed by those Gtx 780? But then I thought of the botleneck and single core performance of Intel are the points to get considered in. AMD FX 8150 is not a Good Procy to be very frank , I am feeling like I have wasted 15k for just a bit performance .

Correct me If I am Wrong , please .

with 212 evo ,you can reach 4.5ghz stably. but again settle down to 4.3 or 4.4ghz and see any fps changes. also post the results back here.

also if your sole purpose is gaming, disable some cores.

ASHISH65

Technomancer

You can OC it to 4.3 -4.5ghz :)

Here are some great Guide which will help you :wink:

> AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver Overclocking Guide - Asus Motherboard

> Bulldozer Overclocking Guide (Performance Scaling Charts, max OCs)LN2 Results co - Overclockers Forums

> Taktujeme Bulldozer ? návod a praxe pro hodnoty nad 5 GHz

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
DID the OC to 4.2 Ghz. Thank God! I am getting desired Performance Hike in Crysis . AVG 50 Fps (MSSA 1 x)

Last edited:
Top Bottom