Need a Wi-fi Router-modem for around 2K

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hello guys,

I wish to buy a modem cum router for my Airtel broadband.. .I need one wired connection for my Desktop and all other device will be connected with Wifi.. at least 3-4 mobiles plus couple of laptop and printer.. .. very rarely they are all gonna connect at a same time..

I also need my Mobile to connect to my desktop locally... so I guess I need switch.. Is there combo Device if not then will need advice .. As I wish to stream my media files and transfer files from my computer and other wifi devices vice versa.

So guys need reply soon as I am gonna purchase this Weekend..

Budget 2K around but it is Flexible..

Can buy online if availability is issue or it is cheaper with discount.. please share links....

Bump... Guys weekend is here.. any recommendations

aroraanant

Explorer
Posted in he wrong section.
I requests mods to move it in the right section.

@clmlbx- how come you posted it in the wrong section, considering you are one of the oldest member of TDF, you must be knowing where to post it.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
How is it wrong section? I need buying advice and this is the section to post...is in't it?

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
budget is little flexible.. most importantly is TP link good.. This will be my first router so don't know much about it..

and How can I transfer files locally... is it possible with that Device

Just saw Tp link reviews and all say.. wireless connection is bad.. and I need mostly for wireless connection.. other then my Desktop all will be wireless..

How is this.. ?

*www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-2750u-...ff-63f5962434d0&srno=s_3&otracker=from-search

rider

as Kratos
budget is little flexible.. most importantly is TP link good.. This will be my first router so don't know much about it..

Just saw Tp link reviews and all say.. wireless connection is bad.. and I need mostly for wireless connection.. other then my Desktop all will be wireless..

How is this.. ?

D-Link D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router | Router | Flipkart.com

what? where you read wireless connection is bad in TP-link. AFAIK it has the best wireless connection range in this budget. That D-link modem has some issues regarding to automatic disconnection. You can read flipkart user views, I don't think there is any issue regarding to bad wireless.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Is it so .. I just searched and clicked on two reviews and it said bad wireless connection.. can't get 300 even in same room.. I don't know how correct is this.. and it is both modem n router or just router..

what about local sharing between connected devices..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I also need my Mobile to connect to my desktop locally... so I guess I need switch.. Is there combo Device if not then will need advice .. As I wish to stream my media files and transfer files from my computer and other wifi devices vice versa.

Mobile to desktop locally? What does it mean? If your phone supports DLNA, it will be able to stream files over wifi (with another DLNA supported device), but not directly from PC, I suppose.

TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N | Router | Flipkart.com
Best modem in your budget.

Its a "router without modem".

Its fine, I have one.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Mobile to desktop locally? What does it mean? If your phone supports DLNA, it will be able to stream files over wifi (with another DLNA supported device), but not directly from PC, I suppose.

Its a "router without modem".

Its fine, I have one.

Nice to hear from some one who has it

I just don't mean streaming video but also sharing files between desktop and mobile or say with desktop and any other connected device like lappy..

By locally I meant without internet.. network like lan ..so I can share a folder or browse my hard disk from any other device or say remote desktop.. with any other device like lappy without any use of internet.. all devices also include wi fi devices too

Does any other model had modem plus router.. I can spend upto 3k max..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^I meant I have a TP link router, not DLink. I don't know if there's a way to access to files of a computer from a non-smart phone. For sharing files, you always have WLAN just same as LAN.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^I meant I have a TP link router, not DLink. I don't know if there's a way to access to files of a computer from a non-smart phone. For sharing files, you always have WLAN just same as LAN.

Yes I got that you meant tp link....

May be I am missing something as I don't know anything about it....but I wish to share files with local devices..

I guess it is only possible thru switch

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Yes, I guessed it is not possible with Wi-fi

but check this out.. but may be I guess again nothing out of ordinary is needed to do so.. you can do this on same network.. can you try this if you have android phone.. and ten share if it works or not

*www.guidingtech.com/10885/access-shared-windows-folders-android-wifi/

and any recommendation for model which has modem + router in one

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is the TP-LINK wifi 300mbps modem+router
TP-LINK DW8961 ADSL plus WIFI 300MBPS

btw don't trust flipkart reviews alone & especially for products available internationally.search TP-LINK model no. reviews in google & then you will see.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
TP-LINK TD-W8961ND ADSL2+ Modem Router looks Good.. It is modem + router.. not router alone as said in this thread..

Plu a review I saw is of TP-LINK TD-W8961N.. this one is older models so hopefully all problems were solved.. Also remembered that tenida reviewed it couple of months back.. so checked that and am quite satisfied..

TP-LINK TD-W8951ND is cheaper as it has just one antena... but I am thinking of buying TP-LINK TD-W8961ND which has two antenna.. .that will cost me around 2K less then 2500.. so Looking forward to it.. hope I can get that locally else will purchase from above link (Primeabagb)..

Two things need to clear is.. Is their any local (Indore) service center.. What about my query to connect all devices without internet.. I guess it is possible with this model itself..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check for nearest TP-LINK authorized dealers
Regional Distributors - Welcome to TP-LINK

you can connect multiple devices with or without internet as it does not matter.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
By without internet I mean that I should able to transfer files from comp to mobile..on wifi..like on lan we can...

Top Bottom