need a super fast gaming pc....

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i never mean sli doesnt scale good. i mean 6970 sli performs better and reviews speak. but ok we will see with improved drivers in GTX560 review.
full hd is not ultra high end resolution buddy.
and why isnt that physx config recommended? i see nothing bad in that. 6950 can be further crossfired too with 240.
and i have to repeat because you are repeating.

i do not want to disrespect you at all and laugh at you and pass comments. i dont take your comments on heart either. :) this is discussion and i take it like that. ok sorry for that :) and please avoid taing it personal please.

anyways read these -
anandtech -
If we take a straight average at 1920x1200 and 2560x1600, its performance is more or less equal to the GeForce GTX 570. In practice this means that NVIDIA wins a third of our games, AMD wins a third of our games, and they effectively tie on the rest, so the position of the 6970 relative to the GTX 570 is heavily dependent on just what games out of our benchmark suite you favor. All we can say for sure is that on average the two cards are comparable.

Of the two the 6970 is going to take the edge on power efficiency

Whether you go with the 5870, the 6950, or the 6970, just keep in mind that the 6900 series is in a much better position for future games due to AMD’s new architecture.

And that brings us to the final matter for today, that new architecture. Compared to the launch of Cypress in 2009 the feature set isn’t radically different like it was when AMD first added DirectX 11 support, but Cayman is radically different in its own way. After being carried by their current VLIW5 architecture for nearly four years, AMD is set to hand off their future to their new VLIW4 architecture. It won’t turn the world upside down for AMD or its customers, but it’s a reasonable step forward for the company by reducing their reliance on ILP in favor of more narrow TLP-heavy loads. For gaming this specifically means their hardware should be a better match for future DX10/DX11 games, and the second graphics engine should give them enough tessellation and rasterizing power for the time being.

but the Cayman story is just getting started.
you see you were saying wrong. VLIW4 is future. also both are comparable cards. so if physx my support to 570 and otherwise 6970 due to win in more games in other reviews as well. 6950 + 240

from toms hardware -
As for the Radeon HD 6970, it should be selling for $20 more than a GTX 570. Based on its display outputs alone, that makes AMD’s card worth the Andrew Jackson to me, personally. Otherwise, the two cards trade blows, with the GTX 570 faring better at 1680x1050 as AMD’s Radeon HD 6970 retains more of its performance at 2560x1600.
you see toms pick is 6970.

i am not saying 6970 all the way. if user needs physx and cuda specific apps 570. but otherwise 6970 for gaming.

@somulesnar
how did you measure fps?

after seeing the 6970 thread in gfx card section you had same argument buddy.
i will quote this -
Vickybat, you are sticking with PhysX and that's why you are so much complaining against Radeon. The thing is PhysX is nothing at all in all current generation games. If an experience person does not tell you what are the differences coming for enabling PhysX, you probably won't be able to see it actually.
I'm telling it because Batman Arkum Asylum and Mafia II both I've checked in my friend's machine @ 1440X900 resolution with a GTX285 and in my system with my 6870. Believe me, ico is right, the difference is so so small and not at all worth the FPS drop and reduced playability.
It does not worth even your fighting over here... :
Even at Tom's Hardware, they explicitly mentioned that if you have a Nvidia PhySX enable card lying on dust, then only go for PhysX. Otherwise... no need at all. They are highly technical site and they reviewed it quite well and the conclusion..Nothing for must have PhySX.

and this -
Some more from my observation : ( considering only single gpu setup )

12 Benchmarks : @ stock speed HD 6950 vs. HD5870

HD 6950 ( winner in 7 ) > HD 5870 ( winner in 5 )

The price of HD 5870 is lower but the power consumption is way too high anyway.

lowest prices ( as found on newegg ) :

HD 6970 $369.99 > GTX 570 $349.99 > HD 6950 $299.99 > HD 5870 $269.99 > ( GTX 470 $239.99 = HD 6870 for ref. only )

12 Benchmarks : @ stock speed HD 6970 vs. GTX 570

HD 6970 ( winner in 6 ) > 570 ( winner in 5 ) ( Tie 1 BFBC2 )

But In OC ( 2 Benchmarks ) : GTX 570 > HD 6970

and temp Results :

HD 6970 > GTX 570 ( lower is better )

Performance wise GTX 570 = HD 6970 ( according to benchmarks mentioned in this post ) but GTX 570 price is lower and also it runs a little cooler.

In DX11 titles : ( Total 7 )

HD 6970 wins 4 DX 11 title

GTX 570 Wins 2 DX 11 Title

DX 11 title Tie : 1 ( BFBC2 )

But when Oced GTX outperformed HD 6970 in BFBC2

HD 5870 Wins 4 DX 11 Title and HD 6950 wins 3 Dx 11 title

570 is good ocer. but everyone doesnt oc. so good option for overclockers though i fear temps of these high end cards when oced.(both 6970 and 570)

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
in the same way you were saying there to ignore 6970. stop discussion and its pointless. its bad buddy. except what is truth please. :)

ok thanks piyush121. and i was refering to vicky there. but i am getting excited to see what 560 does. ready to debate again :lol:

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
debaters need to do a lil bit of ANULOM-VILOM
it'll recharge ur energy :lol:

@vickybat & jassy
plz dont pass personal comments bro
see u both are standing on ur points which u think are apt
this discussion will lead u nowhere
it just cant end with one winner and one loser
because both sides have some pros and cons which make them suitable choice for either side
it also depends upon personal inclination towards a brand
its just a human nature
and u guys are going through reviews from diff sites
let me tell u something
its the market startegy
if all the sites were choosing only 1 brand/model then the fight would have been ended then and there
thats why we cant say that "this" model is the only thing that could happen on earth

i dont have any personal brands/models and sites for reviews which i follow blindly
its just that some sites have good interface,some have good testing rigs,some have good format/results deployment,etc.....
these things make u go inclines over a particular brand/models/sites/etc.....

so brothers kiss each other and end this phuking conversation/debate

Piyush

Lanaya
@jassy and vicky
LET me give u the good conclusion

India is gonna win the last ODI in SA and the world cup too
Leander paes/Mahesh bhupati gonna win this Australian open
Onion prices will come down again
hope i'll buy buy lycosa and mamba this summers

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i do agree 6970 is not saomething to fight on. but benches are good for both cards. and depending on conditions can we recommend them. or buddy leave it to op. why we fighting on something which doesnt concern us. we will give pros and cons of both cards and let op decide.

friends again:).

:lol: baba you are just awesome. but now my study time. do check the gtx560 thread.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar

Hey buddy its ok. No need to be sorry and pals don't say sorry to each other.

You posted that anandtech correctly but i will add a bit to that.

That conclusion doesn't mean vliw4 is the future but amd is heading the right path i.e more biased towards thread level processing rather than instruction level processing. They said it won't turn amd customers upside down but are heading in the right direction.

This means upcoming amd cards (cayman's successor) will execute threads as an array and not like groups of similar instructions. So vliw4 will be scraped completely and something new which is more tlp based will be adopted. Nvidia on the other hand is right on track.

All the upcoming games will support tlp so its a calculated guess that nvidia cards will perform better as things stand now.

The following was tkin's comments from the thread "6970 & 6950 released":

"AMD is experimenting with VLIW4, if not successful they will abandon it on their next gpus, and also they need to redesign their drivers and compilers for this technology, so buying the 69xx is a serious gamble at this point".

Thats it from my side buddy. Lets not argue further and concentrate more in contributing better ideas and making this forum worthwhile for all members and non-members.:smile:

And you also concentrate on your studies more and best of luck for your upcoming exams. :) And yes we are friends and will always remain friends.

Last edited:

somulesnar

Journeyman
@jaskanwar

i used the fraps software to find out the fps.
well congrats for the finishing of the debate.
u and vicky just rocked. I think vicky was the all the way up in the debate. Better luck next time dude.

Top Bottom