need a Skyrim playing PC under 60k. From Scratch.

SunE

Professional Newbie
@beyalora congrats on your 7850 purchase!! Now just follow the instructions from the link I gave earlier and OC it to super cool performance levels :) Also consider yourself lucky that you're being forced to buy the better sandybridge products as the Phenoms are outta stock. If you need your CPU urgently then go for i5 2500k but if you can wait then go with Ivy Bridge. For motherboard I'd recommend the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4.

Now if you wanna wait for IvyB but need the full computer urgently then just get the dual core SB that sells for 3.5k. Then when Ivy comes out swap it out for the i5 model and I'm pretty sure you can sell your 1-2 month old Pentium for 2.5k easy.

BTW post some pics of your HD 7850 in the Post your latest purchase thread. :D

dfcols71

In the zone
could you be more specific amd distributer selling @16000 what 7870 or 7850
man if it 7850 you could have got it cheaper online

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
Yea guys, I got the 7850 for 16k and I know NOW that it would have cost me a little above 15k online. Even I thought I could get it for a bargain at 15k. But that guy wouldn't budge below 16k.

But I guess, it was one of those moments where you finally find ONE place which was selling the thing you want badly and then make a judgement call of making the trip to Nehru place count even though it costs you around 500 bucks more.

@sunE thanks for your suggestion about the i5-ASRock combo. I might just go for that.

Also, how weird is it that nobody in Nehru Place seems to have heard of NZXT cabinets?!
here's the pic - <wasn't aware of a "post your latest purchase pics" forum - relatively new here> *i.imgur.com/GSkJn.jpg

SunE

Professional Newbie
Which i5 SB or IVB?
Anyways I'm happy that you liked my suggestion. Also once again congrats on that great card. It looks good. Here is the Post your latest purchase thread.

Also which NZXT cabinet do you want? I'm going to buy this one.

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
IVB will be a little beyond my budget, I'm guessing. I can still afford an i5-2500k.
I was looking for NZXT Source 210 Elite as the earlier posters have recommended.

Thanks, everyone.

Also,

which combo do you think is better?
i5-2500k with ASRock Z77 Extreme4, OR
AMD FX-8120 with ASUS M5A97 ??

I don't know how to overclock, but i'm willing to learn.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
IVB will be a little beyond my budget, I'm guessing. I can still afford an i5-2500k.
I was looking for NZXT Source 210 Elite as the earlier posters have recommended.

Thanks, everyone.

Also,

which combo do you think is better?
i5-2500k with ASRock Z77 Extreme4, OR
AMD FX-8120 with ASUS M5A97 ??

I don't know how to overclock, but i'm willing to learn.

i5 2500k + ASRock Z77 Extreme4 will kill all the competition :) Go for it. Regarding the cabinet, If you don't find the NZXT Source 210 Elite, you can go for Cooler Master 431/430 or 311 Plus.

Last edited:
OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
Bought the i5-2500k and ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 today. They didn't have the latter in stock in Nehru Place so they ordered 5 units from Bombay. I'm talking about the people at Computer Empire. Not the shop either, but their people sitting upstairs in 308. The guy who made all the phone calls to get it, his name's Anil. Helpful chap. It cost me 10,500/-. The i5-2500k cost 11,500/-

Couldn't find the NZXT cabinet, so I got the Cooler Master 431 Plus model which cost me 3050/-

I'm expecting the rig to be complete in two days :)
Thank you all who helped me here. You guys are awesome!

Souro_Ray

In the zone
You got the i5-2500K at a very good price, considering the same costs around 13K plus here in Calcutta... Congrats on your purchase!

Top Bottom