need a Skyrim playing PC under 60k. From Scratch.

beyalora

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming. Mainly Skyrim and the Total War series.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60K. (+/- 5K)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Okay with 500GB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, I want a monitor too.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers. I have iBall 2.1 Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: May, 2012.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never built a desktop before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Munirka, New Delhi. (30 mins from Nehru Place)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I need a good UPS too. And a cabinet with USB 3.0 support.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i5 2500k 12300
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 9440
GPU Radeon HD7850 15000
RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1550
HDD WD Cavalier Blue 500GB 4300
Optical Drive HP dvd1260i 1030
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite 2400
PSU Seasonic S12 II 620 4620
Monitor Benq G2222HDL 7600
KB + Mouse MS Desktop Wired 600 760
UPS Numeric 1KVA 4100
Total 63100

If the prices are lower when you buy locally, squeeze in a CM Hyper 212 Evo too.

dfcols71

In the zone
they not selling any nzxt cases in nehru palace corsair/cooler master available there
go for rigod combination with the cpu equivalent to ivy league and some 77/75 series mother board as for psu go for seasonic/corsair or antec

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
Thanks guys.. I'll look into the NZXT issue.

Also, do you guys think I could save some $$ by going for a Seagate 500GB instead of a WD? In a few months, I'll be getting a 120GB SSD.

Last edited:

dibya_kol

In the zone
WD providing more worrenty than seagate and there is not any differnce between wd and seagate in trums of performance. Adding ssd will boost up loading times by a big margin but 120gb ssd is still costly !!

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
It is costly, yes... and hence, I said "a few months"... but I will, nonetheless. Will eat veg for a month, if I have to.

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
I would be really grateful if someone could suggest a config for this with a Phenom II processor. Maybe an X6 1090t?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Listen, with all honesty, you can pretty much max out Skyrim with a 3k Pentium G620 and an 11K HD6870 and 4GB of RAM.. But that system will not take you places, so to speak.

If you want a decent multi tasking as well as gaming rig, the x6 1090T is a very good CPU, if you can find it. Phenoms are disappearing from shelves all over, although performance wise, they're better than the Bulldozers that are replacing it. Also, Thuban x6 CPUs have Turbo Core and are great overclockers..

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ ~Rs. 9900
ASUS M5A97 @ ~Rs. 6300

For the rest, you can go with what RiGOD suggested. For cases, you should pick one that you like in terms of looks and utility.. The CoolerMaster 690II is a great case for cooling and has got loads of space. The Corsair Carbide 500R is another amazing case with great build and loads of space and plenty of fans providing great cooling. These cases cost over 5K though...

For budget cases, you can try the CoolerMaster Elite 430/431.. A very good case under 3K. Around the 4K+ mark, the Corsair Carbide 400R is a solid case. Your choice, mate :)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
pHENOM ii 1090t is available at 8.5K and 1100T is at 9.8K.

Here is my suggestion:-

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 6.4K
BIOSTAR TA990FXE @ 8.35K
G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz 4GB @ 1.55K
WD Blue 500GB @ 4.2K
Seasonic S12II 620W @ 4.6K
BenQ G2220HDL @ 7.6K
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.4K
Asus 24X SATA DVD Writer @ 1.1K
Sapphire HD 7870 2 GB GDDR5 @ 22K
APC 1 KVA @ 4.3K
Logitec G400 Mouse @ 1.2K
Any good Keyboad @ 0.5K

Total: 64K. Strengthened the Gfx card as it is gonna be vital at 1080P resolution.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Edit the total, Cilus bhai.. There are 2 totals of 64K and 56.6K..

And i'm sorry i forgot to mention, the motherboard and CPU prices i quoted are from Flipkart.. Local prices will be lower obviously..

And great config, btw.. Squeezing the 7870 into the equation :)
A slight overclock on that card and voila! HD7950 stock performance!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Edit the total, Cilus bhai.. There are 2 totals of 64K and 56.6K..

And i'm sorry i forgot to mention, the motherboard and CPU prices i quoted are from Flipkart.. Local prices will be lower obviously..

And great config, btw.. Squeezing the 7870 into the equation :)
A slight overclock on that card and voila! HD7950 stock performance!

1090T is available at smc at 8.7K. After reading the Toms Hardware analysis, I've found out that fo gaming a fast quad core is all we need. SMC has brought back the Phenom II X4 lineup. Get one before it disappears again.

SunE

Professional Newbie
@Cilus no need for spending 22k on 7870 when an overclocked 7850 reaches stock 7950 performance for 7k less??

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
@Cilus no need for spending 22k on 7870 when an overclocked 7850 reaches stock 7950 performance for 7k less??

A highly overclocked HD 7870, not HD 7850, reaches the HD 7950 performance mark.

Also I think you meant HD7870 instead of HD 7950. In that case, even an overclocked HD 7850 cannot fully reach the performance level of HD7870.

Here's the Source for you.

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
No my friend I meant exactly what I said. Here's your source
How to overclock a 7850 past 1050MHz? - Overclockers UK Forums

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
No my friend I meant exactly what I said. Here's your source
How to overclock a 7850 past 1050MHz? - Overclockers UK Forums

Are you serious?

Ok, here's the catch. It's unofficial and non-reliable source. The thread starter just claimed out of nowhere that he matched HD7950 performance whereas he doesn't even provide a comparison benchmark between the two. Just overclocking a card to a higher card's clock speeds don't give you equal performance. *sigh* Are you going to believe a person who just claimed that it's good, rather than believing a full blown benchmark with both HD7950 and HD7850 overclocked from a trusted site? Your call.

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
Thanks, guys.

I went to SMC yesterday just to know the prices of some of the stuff (the rig will happen sometime late April or early May). I was told that the 12-13 pieces of 7850HD were sold out and that I should check in about 10 days. That is the GPU I'd like to get (low power consumption as well as good price ~ 14.5k).

I guess I'll go with the AMD config. But I was also interested in getting a motherboard that has some integrated graphics to boast of. So that, at times when I do not use the graphics card, the PC would still be usable for normal computing and movie viewing.

Again, thanks a lot everyone. Sorry if I'm being too finicky.

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
Slight updates.

1)According to Nehru Place - AMD has stopped sending them Phenom Series motherboards as it is desperately trying to sell the Bulldozer series. Which is a bummer for me because I really wanted to get the X6 1090T. Maybe I'll try Flipkart, although it'll cost me a grand more.

2)Anyone who wants to buy the AMD 7870/7850 GPU from Nehru Place, I'd recommend going directly to the distributor there instead of looking for it at normal shops. The latter will try to extract some profit from the buyers. The address and number of the AMD distributor there (I am giving you all this directly from the cover) - Aditya Infotech, Khemaka Centre, 2-5 Nehru Place, Ph- 011-40683317/40683318, email - support@adityagroup.com
Most of the shops were asking 16.5k for it. I got it from Boffin Computers at 16k. Sorry, I could not bargain further.

So, guys, should I then go with the i5-2500k? I am not too impressed by the FX series reviews.

Cilus

laborare est orare
1)According to Nehru Place - AMD has stopped sending them Phenom Series motherboards as it is desperately trying to sell the Bulldozer series. Which is a bummer for me because I really wanted to get the X6 1090T. Maybe I'll try Flipkart, although it'll cost me a grand more.

They have stopped shipping Phenom II processors, not the Phenom series Motherboard because there is nothing like that. :D

Top Bottom