need a new super cheap pc for office work

rabjabber

Journeyman
hi,
i need a new pc within 25k but that is including the original OS. the purpose is applications like word, tally, excel and access.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: applications like word, excel, tally, access and a application designed in VB6

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: as less as possible 15k without windows

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 original 32bit or 64bit doesn't really matter

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: at least 320gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: any 15 inch monitor would do (not CRT though)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: speakers, UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i've done it before and will do it if i have the time else i know an assembler who does other PC work for my dad

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: online or local (the above specified person will arrange it)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: original windows is necessary so shouldn't exceed 25k with windows

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 7 Home Premium 8.5k

Now you have 16.5k left with which you can get the followings :

16inch AOC LED monitor at 4k
2GB DDr3 Ram @ 1.2k
Intel G2020 @ 3.8k
Asus P8H61-M LX3 @ 3.3k
320GB Seagate HDD @ 2.5k
Zebronics Cabinet with SMPS @ 1.5k

icebags

Technomancer
^ If this setup is to be used in commercial office, home version of OS is probably not suitable. As per the license statement, only professional version can be used. :eek:

Gollum

Collector
AMD A4-4000 Processor 3GHz DC
Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 Motherboard
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G)
Dell IN1930 18.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM002)
Zebronics Cabinet with SMPS @ 1.5k
>EL Cheapo Keyboard @ 600INR

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, please stop discussion about pirated hardware. It is against the forum rule.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no license restriction about using windows 7 home editions in office but it is not recommended because windows 7 home does not have domain connectivity option which is widely used in corporate/office environment.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ If this setup is to be used in commercial office, home version of OS is probably not suitable. As per the license statement, only professional version can be used. :eek:

nice point .. but I thought Op asked it for office work only I mean do all sorts of word, excel, powerpoint, tally related works and a little entertainment like many others do with their basic [ read cheap ] home pc.

Top Bottom