Need a gaming PC for 80k

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
Since OP also wants to run VMWares, Video Editing software along with games and also wants to overclock, what about an AMD solution. I tried to build one with a more beefy Graphics card, check it out:-

FX-8350 @ 12.5K
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 8K
Kingston HyperX Blue 4GB X 2 1600 MHz DDR3 @ 4.7K
DeepCool iceblade Pro CPu Cooler @ 3K
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA III HDD @ 4.1K
Asus R9 290 @ 36K (ASUS GRAPHICS CARD R9 290 4GB DDR5 (R9290-4GD5 - 90YV0560-U0IA00 - 886227632565 - 38,095.23))
Asus 24BS5T 24X SATA DVD R/W 1K
Corsair Carbide 400R Cabinet @ 5.35K (CORSAIR CABINET 400R (CC-9011011-WW - CC-9011011-WW - - 6,850.00))
Seasonic SS750-JS 750W 80+ PSU @ 5.6K (SeaSonic SS-750JS 750W 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply)
APC 1.1KVA Black @ 5.6K

Total: 85.4K

Her I have added a R9 290 Graphics card which performs better than a GTX 780 Graphics card and OP can play all the latest games with highest possible settings in 1080P resolution. Also with the latest BIOS update and new Catalyst Driver, the throttling issue has been resolved with 290 and it is also recommended by Tomshardware in their November issue of Best Graphics Card for Money.

In the recent games like Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, COD Ghost. Hitman Absolution. the performance difference between the AMD FX-8350 and corresponding Intel Counterparts are really very marginal because of the Multi-Ciore optimization and with a far more powerful card, the AMD solution will definitely perform better.

Overclocking is a piece of cake with AMD solution. With DeepCool Ice Blade pro cooler, OP can easily reach 4.7-4.8GHz stable.

AMD FX series does have better Virtualization support than Intel K series Processors. It supports both Vtd and Vtx which enables use of Graphics and other peripherals in Visualization mode. Intel K series only support Vtx whereas their non K supports both.

+1 go with this eyes closed

Cilus

laborare est orare
Some weirdo suggestions here, an quad core APU in place of a FX-8350 and the integrated GPU which can touch maximum a HD 7730, in place of a R9 290. R9 280X is no doubt, a great card for games released till date but believe me, within couple of months, it will be struggling to maintain a 60 FPS in highest ingame setting for the upcoming games. R9 290, on the other had, will be serving you for some long time and its too, can be easily accommodated within your budget. So why not going for it?
Regarding overclocking, I have achieved 4.5GHz in FX-8350 with a 2nd had basic cooler like Hyper 212 Plus. So I think, with a higher-mid end cooler, 4.7 to 4.8 GHz won't be a problem.

bavusani, MANTLE is an API which can run on any GCN cards, not with IGP of their Kaveri APU. And HUMA is designed for Computing purpose, it will peform more or less same as it used to depending upon the horsepower of the IGP.

Some weirdo suggestions here, an quad core APU in place of a FX-8350 and the integrated GPU which can touch maximum a HD 7730, in place of a R9 290. R9 280X is no doubt, a great card for games released till date but believe me, within couple of months, it will be struggling to maintain a 60 FPS in highest ingame setting for the upcoming games. R9 290, on the other had, will be serving you for some long time and its too, can be easily accommodated within your budget. So why not going for it?
Regarding overclocking, I have achieved 4.5GHz in FX-8350 with a 2nd had basic cooler like Hyper 212 Plus. So I think, with a higher-mid end cooler, 4.7 to 4.8 GHz won't be a problem.

bavusani, MANTLE is an API which can run on any GCN cards, not with IGP of their Kaveri APU. And HUMA is designed for Computing purpose, it will peform more or less same as it used to depending upon the horsepower of the IGP.

I'm not saying OP should go with 280X instead of 290, but always running games at "highest in-game settings" is totally unnecessary.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Actually suggested that because even with it, the whole rig is coming more or less within his budget.

logout20

Journeyman
another vote to cilus configuration and 290X..as someone already suggested its one of those things that rarely happens in gpu scene..

OP
CATALU/\/A

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
Postponed my purchase to next month based on all the above suggestions... with R9 290 :-D (Budget Issues)

OP
CATALU/\/A

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
After a wait of few months, assembled my first ever Desktop myself with config on my siggi...
Will run a few games/benchmarks & post results soon. Feeling excited... :hyper:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Current gen Haswell are a bit premature right now,
all the advantages are apparent only on Laptop segment.

Ivy Bridge is a better overclocker than Haswell, that's true, ivy can reach 4.4-4.6 on air while haswell reaches 4.2 - 4.4 on air
but when you take into account the fact that due to minor architectural changes, Haswell is 10% more powerfull than Ivy clock to clock, then the equation changes.

so a haswell on 4.2GHz is approximately equivalent to an Ivy Processor on 4.6 GHz
all the while dissipating comparatively lesser heat and requiring lesser power to do so.
so I'll hazard a guess that a 4.2GHz 4570K will be cooler than a 4.6 GHz 3570k and run just as fast.

but I'll recommend you to wait 2-3 months
as Intel would start pushing the newer Haswell Refresh on the market then
this Haswell Refresh is believed to be aimed at desktops

?? he already got his pc.

Top Bottom