Need a gaming PC for 80k

OP
CATALU/\/A

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
Some of my research on FX has led to the conclusion that due to extra cores available, it has the ability to record/stream with less FPS loss (here are some links you should check out: AMD FX 8350 vs Intel 3570K vs 3770K vs 3820 - Gaming and XSplit Streaming Benchmarks - YouTube & AMD FX 8350 OC vs i5 3570k OC Using an EVGA GTX 670 - YouTube

Also, Multi-Core optimization with consoles - *www.corsair.com/blog/ps4-xbone-pcgaming/

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Do not Trust Techsydicate.

Let say if you Have A Same Gpu i.e r9 280x then

In Pure Gaming - i5/i7

In gaming + multitasking - fx 8350 or i7

In Pure Multitasking - Rendering,editing... - Fx 8350

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
But Asish65, with AMD config, a R9 290 can be managed here and I don't think even an i7 4770 + 280X can beat the performance of FX-8350 + R9 290.

Intel K series Processors only support Vtx which is a older technology and offers limited functionality and feature set whereas their non K series processors support both Vtx and Vtd.
Vtd or I/O MMU virtualization is the advanced version of Virtualization introduced by AMD, starting from their AMD Phenom II series and also known as AMD-V. It enables the Guest operating systems to access the peripheral devices like PCI-E cards, GPU, Ethernet and hard-drive controllers, through DMA and interrupt remapping. It can also allocate large memory chunks without need of Memory remapping. Some high performance compute devices like high performance Video Capture cards with own hardware and Ram, GPU etc use DMA or Direct Memory Access Protocol to access the the memory directly. But when you are working on a Virtual Machine environment, the Virtualization software needs to remap the memory address whenever a memory access is initiated from the guest Operating system, making Direct Access to fail. So GPU and other devices I mentioned earlier can't operate properly in Vt-x environment. In case of Vt-d, the IMMOU handles this re-mapping, allowing the native device drivers to be used in a guest operating system. You can read here: IOMMU - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because of that reason, I have suggested an alternate AMD config to OP which can serve all this purpose much efficiently, from Gaming to Computing.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
^ you are right,but i was not talking about that. i told him not to trust tech sydicate. anyways edited my post. There is no doubt 8350 + r9 290 will kick i7 + 280x.;-)

OP
CATALU/\/A

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
AMD it is. Had to read every specification from chipset (990FX) to motherboard with IOMMU support. Based on my research decided with the following config:
CPU - FX-8350 @ 13.5K
Motherboard - M5A99FX PRO R2.0 @ 11.5k [theitdepot]
GPU - ASUS R9 280X Direct Cooling II Top Edition 3GB (R9280X-DC2T-3GD5) @ 23k
RAM - Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (KHX1600C10D3B1/8G) @ 5k
HDD - WD 1 TB Black @ 5.8k
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2UK 750 Watts @ 7.2k
Cabinet - Corsair Carbide 400R @ 5.4k
DVD Writer - Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW @ 1.1k
UPS - APC UPS 1100VA @ 5.6k

Haven't decided on a cooler though... Will be overclocking the hell out of AMD FX-8350.

Was wondering about the liquid cooling solutions. Read abt some problems like flow of water in tubes due to presence of some air bubbles, etc.. Please suggest..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD it is. Had to read every specification from chipset (990FX) to motherboard with IOMMU support. Based on my research decided with the following config:
CPU - FX-8350 @ 13.5K
Motherboard - M5A99FX PRO R2.0 @ 11.5k
GPU - ASUS R9 280X Direct Cooling II Top Edition 3GB @ 23k
RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) @ 5k
HDD - WD 1 TB Black @ 5.8k
PSU - Corsair TX650M 650 Watts @ 6.2k
Cabinet - Corsair Carbide 300R Windowed Side Panel @ 4.5k
DVD Writer - Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW @ 1.1k
UPS - APC UPS 1100VA @ 5.4k

Haven't decided on a cooler though... Will be overclocking the hell out of AMD FX-8350.

Was wondering about the liquid cooling solutions. Read abt some problems like flow of water in tubes due to presence of some air bubbles, etc.. Please suggest..

Replace the CPU+MB with these:

AMD A10-7850K -12300,
Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H -6700,
Corsair H60 2013 Edition -4600.

This AMD A10-7850K is going to be released in 14thJan,2014.If you can wait then you might get to use the AMD's proprietary software MANTLE which gives 1080p gaming at fraction of the cost of Intel or presently your config.
PS: Made some corrections in the above config.Just follow them.OK.

OP
CATALU/\/A

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado

AMD A10-7850K -12300,

This AMD A10-7850K is going to be released in 14thJan,2014.If you can wait then you might get to use the AMD's proprietary software MANTLE which gives 1080p gaming at fraction of the cost of Intel or presently your config.

Gaming & Virtualization are my primary concerns... Not just gaming

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Gaming & Virtualization are my primary concerns... Not just gaming

Don't worry the new AMD Kaveri APU can handle that with ease.OK.
I have a FX8320 with Asus M5A97 R2.0 but I cannot OC it nor I can reduce my power concerns.So its better to go for AMD APU with MANTLE support and as I said before at a fraction of the cost of your present config and also the concern regarding power bills can be done with this.

I do sometimes run Folding @ HOME for SETI.(Virtualization)

Last edited:
OP
CATALU/\/A

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
Don't worry the new AMD Kaveri APU can handle that with ease.OK.
I have a FX8320 with Asus M5A97 R2.0 but I cannot OC it nor I can reduce my power concerns.So its better to go for AMD APU with MANTLE support and as I said before at a fraction of the cost of your present config and also the concern regarding power bills can be done with this.

I do sometimes run Folding @ HOME for SETI.(Virtualization)

But, Mantel is supported by R9-280X.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
But, Mantel is supported by R9-280X.

Buddy MANTEL is still to be used fully by any R9 GPU's and still under wraps.So in Jan,2014 they might give us a hint of its use for AMD A10-7850K.MANTLE is an alternative to nvidia and MS DirectX. The STEAM PC's that are to released later in 2014 utilizes the MANTLE CORE.OK.The STEAM PC is itself an alternative to MS OS.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
He is getting gpu r9 280x here no point of getting apu, r9 280x will be way way faster than apu.

Regarding cpu performance,we have to wait for benches.

AMD A10-7850K -12300,

Dude, just analyze what you are suggesting:

a10 7580k in place of FX 8350
Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H in place of M5A99FX PRO R2.0

APU in place of 280X and too with H60? Is something wrong with you?

@OP; stick to the 8350 config you've mentioned. It's hell of rig. No APU can match gaming performance of 280X or processing power if FX 8350. Period.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Dude, just analyze what you are suggesting:

a10 7580k in place of FX 8350
Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H in place of M5A99FX PRO R2.0

APU in place of 280X and too with H60? Is something wrong with you?

No.I am suggesting just the CPU+MB replacement only.He can go ahead with R9 280X as it equivalent to HD7970.But just wait for the benches of which is better then he can go for as usual above config of yours.OK.
AMD says that 40% more performance than i5 4670k so they have to prove it in benching right? So I say is wait????

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Bavusani never disappoints..... thanks for the laughs dude... :rofl: I dont know what to say.Speechless.:-?

On a side note @OP, accommodate the R9 290 in your PC, trust me thats the best thing you will do to yourself and the Rs 85K worth the Hardware you are buying. Keep the overclocking business aside it has never taken anyone beyond a few fps in gaming.The entire money spent on cooling/better choked and capacitated and heatsinked Mainboard is better spent on getting a better gpu and that R9 290 is one hell of a card,things like that rarely happens to the GPU scene,trust me on that.Go with rig cilus suggested.

No.I am suggesting just the CPU+MB replacement only.He can go ahead with R9 280X as it equivalent to HD7970.But just wait for the benches of which is better then he can go for as usual above config of yours.OK.
AMD says that 40% more performance than i5 4670k so they have to prove it in benching right? So I say is wait????

Still, A10 770k in place of FX 8350 and Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H in place of M5A99FX PRO R2.0?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

that "40%" improvement is on the gaming graphics performance. who want to rely on integrated gpu(of i5 and apu when op can add r9 290 or similar cards)??

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
that "40%" improvement is on the gaming graphics performance. who want to rely on integrated gpu(of i5 and apu when op can add r9 290 or similar cards)??

Please have a read:A revolutionary, new architecture pioneered by AMD

Epic Games' Tim Sweeney and AMD don't see eye-to-eye on hUMA

Then come to a conclusion...
Rest is in your hands.

OP
CATALU/\/A

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
On a side note @OP, accommodate the R9 290 in your PC, trust me thats the best thing you will do to yourself and the Rs 85K worth the Hardware you are buying. Keep the overclocking business aside it has never taken anyone beyond a few fps in gaming.The entire money spent on cooling/better choked and capacitated and heatsinked Mainboard is better spent on getting a better gpu and that R9 290 is one hell of a card,things like that rarely happens to the GPU scene,trust me on that.Go with rig cilus suggested.

I would like to get R9 290 (Hawaii), but it doesn't make sense when I am gaming on 1080p as all games will run above 60 FPS on R9-280X. Also, I would like to overclock to 4.6-4.7 GHz or the max achievable in that CPU anyways. So I was thinking of getting a better cooler for it. Could you please suggest...?

coolnikk

Journeyman
today it may seem as 10 - 13 grands extra on the 290 but I'm sure as hell that u will appreciate the extra performance after 1.5 - 2 years.Get the config given by clius it's very nice.

P.S Even I'm thinking of upgrading but holding it out till feb or march I hope amd comes to its senses and release s a ST architecture procc or at least some news in excavator procc whether they are gonna release any new processors on am3 + socket or its dead.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
But how much will that overclock help you.If you are an overclocking enthusiast its better to look for other parts rather than the AMD hardware.Manufacturers have separate gears for overclockers and gamers. Moreover the games you can run now at a refresh rate of 60 may not be so after 2 years at 1080 lines at the extreme end of settings.When you can afford a better GPU get it. My two cents.

As for a cooler get the Buy Online Thermalright Venomous-X Rev. Fanless Aluminum in India eyes wide shut!

Or

*shopping.rediff.com/product/corsair-a70-cpu-cooler-a70/10818541

With the Thermalright you will have to by the fans separately.The mounts are provided.

Top Bottom