Need 5.1 gaming headphone

pravin_pran

Broken In
Hi,
I want to buy 5.1 channel gaming headphone for my gaming needs. My budget in Rs 6500/-
Kindly suggest me good headphone under this budget.

Regards,

Cilus

laborare est orare
Don't spend that much and get Corsair Vengeance 1500 @ 4.2K from CORSAIR HEADPHONE VENGEANCE 1500

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
If you compare it to 10k headphones then no it's not that good but it's not fair either to compare it to them. But at it's price point of 4.5k it's an excellent headphone and has got many good reviews. In no way can you say that it's sound quality is inferior. It may not reach audiophile kind of quality but it's still pretty darn good. at 4.5k its an excellent buy.

gameranand please do that when you get it :).

Cilus

laborare est orare
Gaming Headsets never targeted for audio listening quality in Audiophile level, their 1st priority is to deliver better frequency reporduction in Gaming environment. Only the very high end Gaming headsets perform almost equal in both movis and Gaming. Razer Megalodon is one of them. But Vengeance 1500 is extremely good for the money.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^completely agree and yes i should have made my post a bit more clearer. I also agree that corsair vengeance 1500 is excellent at its price point.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Buddy, little google search before posting is appreciated here. All the good and premium Multi-Channel Headphones come with USB interface as they need Digital output. Only couple of them comes with both USB and Analogue connectors. But USB is always better than Analogue connection and those headphone still needs USB port to be connected for Powering the integrated sound card.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well actually if you have a really nice sound card then USB port for a headphone is a curse for you, however if you don't have one and most don't buy a sound card for that matter. For them the integrated sound card of the Headphones is always better than that of PC. :)

manij

Right off the assembly line
IMO, Cooler Master Sirus 5.1 is probably the best option (it is 'true' 5.1, unlike most other simulated ones) - looks to cost about Rs. 6999 on Golcha online currently, just googled to check. (I bought at Rs. 6500 sometime back, so if you check around, you may get cheaper).

There is also a cheaper version Sirus S, which doesnt have the USB input, but retains the 5.1.

Lots of product reviews online.

All the best.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The sound quality of CM Storm is the poorest. Also the price for it is 5.2k in Kolkata. You bought it over priced.

Here is the Toms Hardware opinion
Although it's a good all-around headset, the Sirus' sound reproduction left us wanting more. We'd stop short of calling it bad, but there's a hollowness to is that isn't natural. Fortunately, the equalizer goes a long way to minimizing the effect that bothers us. Were the Sirus a little cheaper, it would have ranked higher up on our favorites list. But at $115, it’s a little too expensive relative to the competition.

On the other hand, we do feel that this is the best option with true 5.1-channel capabilities.

Here is the opinion for Vengeance 1500

Instead of a fancy box of accessories, Corsair spend its budget on the basics: impressive 50 mm drivers that sound absolutely wonderful compared to the rest of the playing field. Yes, they’re overly crisp at the default setting, but a little tweaking through the software equalizer makes them untouchable (even if Razer's Megalodon comes close). Dolby's Pro Logic IIx technology works like a charm, and these headphones sound equally great playing music or gaming.

This isn't the lightest headset in our round-up, at 11.4 oz. And they're a little tight, too. But we certainly wouldn't call them heavy or uncomfortable. In fact, large memory foam ear pads go a long way to making this model wearable over long periods of time. Corsair's driver software does its job, even if it isn't loaded with features, so don't expect environmental or voice effects. Make no mistake, though, this headset earns our more prestigious Recommended Buy award for its sound quality. Priced at $85, it doesn't even break the bank.

gameranand

Living to Play
IMO, Cooler Master Sirus 5.1 is probably the best option (it is 'true' 5.1, unlike most other simulated ones) - looks to cost about Rs. 6999 on Golcha online currently, just googled to check. (I bought at Rs. 6500 sometime back, so if you check around, you may get cheaper).

There is also a cheaper version Sirus S, which doesnt have the USB input, but retains the 5.1.

Lots of product reviews online.

All the best.

If OP is willing to spend 7K then I would suggest to add 200-300 INR more to get Razer Megalodon from GolchhaIT.

harshatiyya

Broken In
i recently got this headset, GENIUS CAVIMANUS. which has virtual 7.1. well there are only few review online which are gud. i am very happy with this headset and its new vibration feature.. u can get it from buytheprice.com from 3100 only. :)

digibrush

digitalpainter
I brought CM storm Sirus s few days ago. 5.5 k with vat is the price. It performed wonderfully as it should be, deep and strong bass, very clear and sharp treble sound. :-D
I connect it with creative Audigy soundcard which produce wonderful realistic sound with Eax Ad HD. :)
But with onboard soundcard it never be the same. :(

Corsair Vengeance 1500 is good headset and cheaper than Sirus. Reason for choosing Sirus over Vengence is:

Corsair Vengeance is not true 5.1 headset, it has USB soundcard(I already have one USB headset) and it is basically stereo, use the software to emulate surround sound.

Sirus has 4+4 drivers on either side and I can control volume(of each 4 (F/R/C/ Sub) separately with in-line volume control.Corsair Vengeance 1500 comes with single driver, remote does not have separate volume control for 5.1 surround sound, can be control only through software.

It is my personal choice to play with true 5.1 headset and avoid virtual. :)
But I can say Corsair Vengeance 1500 is also a good option. USB Headset does not need good/any soundcard.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Don't want to start a rage thread about what is better, but in case of audio, Digital >> Analog, always.
If you look at any high end speaker system, you will see there is S/PDIF optical/coxical connector by which it is connected, or the audio receiver is connected. Age of analog is over, long ago.
Vengeance 1500 provides Virtual Dolby 5.1/7.1 via USB, which is a relatively new technology.
Problem with CM storm Sirus S:
1. being digital neither it can provide Dolby Digital output nor it can support it.
2. Lack of virtualization: you can't change the virtual position of the differnet speakers.
and above all:
3. It is way too much overpriced in India.

That's why I think, Vengeance 1500 is a good choice for OP. Although the final choice rests on OP.

Also going by US price, both cards are priced $99.99 in newegg, CM one have no discount whatsoever but Corsair one have 2 discounts.

Top Bottom