Need 2.1 speakers within 5000 rupees strict Urgent

need a good 2.1 speakers for my pc within 5k budget ( not a penny more ) ....... some 1 week ago i purchased f & d a 520 for around 2k.....the base was very good but it lacked sound quality and clarity .... so i sold them off ...........now need speakers better than f and d a 520..............

I mostly listens to edm , future house , deep house tracks of Tchami , oliver helden , rihanna , eminem , tiesto etc etc.....So base is priority along with sound clarity and quality. ( base should be good but it should not overpower the song which singer is singing and also background instruments )

And last but not the least i would like to thank you all the members who helped me choosing the best headphones within 3k budget....i finally bought denon ahd 510 :).

Minion

Conversation Architect
I don't have personal experience with that speaker may be someone in this forum have. You have Sony SRS-D9 2.1 as other option but I feel it is overpriced.
My personal favourite was altec lansing mx5021 sadly altec lansing is no more.
My suggestion audition all these speakers get whatever you like.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if am not mistaken, SRS D9 are the same speakers that a member 'tkin' has here, and he was lamenting his decision to buy them. very overpowering bass. check a few speakers and feedback about them from edifier's stable itin your budget. they make good-sounding speakers with ample bass.

EDIT: one that comes to mind is Edifier C2-Plus. both, its predecessor 'C2' and this 'C2 Plus' have garnered very good feedback. i think you shouldn't look further.

Last edited:
OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
if am not mistaken, SRS D9 are the same speakers that a member 'tkin' has here, and he was lamenting his decision to buy them. very overpowering bass. check a few speakers and feedback about them from edifier's stable itin your budget. they make good-sounding speakers with ample bass.

EDIT: one that comes to mind is Edifier C2-Plus. both, its predecessor C2' and this 'C2 Plus' have garnered very good feedback. i think you shouldn't look further.

edifier c2 plus are very good speakers regarding sound qualiy and clarity but their bass is not on the same level as f and d ....

any f and d speakers in this price range ?? or any other which has good bass and sound clarity ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
+1

I own an Edifier C2 and I can say that they are very good desktop speakers.

However AFAIK, they have stopped production of it and you could find it cheaper in shops. You could try eBay.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i guess then you may have to increase your budget. speakers that have powerful bass but also clarity of sound may not be available under 5k, and those that are known for providing good sound clarity, like Klipsch Pro Media, Swan M10, unfortunately for people wanting to listen to hip-hop, EDM and such, they may still find bass not according to their need; for me, these have got just the right amount of bass that doesn't eat up other frequencies.

P.S. - may be try and demo f&d a521 and a555u.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
i guess then you may have to increase your budget. speakers that have powerful bass but also clarity of sound may not be available under 5k, and those that are known for providing good sound clarity, like Klipsch Pro Media, Swan M10, unfortunately for people wanting to listen to hip-hop, EDM and such, they may still find bass not according to their need; for me, these have got just the right amount of bass that doesn't eat up other frequencies.

P.S. - may be try and demo f&d a521 and a555u.

already had f & d a 520 some 2 weeks ago but sold it after using it for one week due to lack of sound quality and clarity ( although the bass was very good )

- - - Updated - - -

what about altec lansing and creative ?? any good model within 6000 rs which has both good bass and clarity

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Take a look at Logitech Z443/523.If I were you I would have got a Swan ( not great for EDM or bass heads) or a Edifier C2. But since you want a forward balance with attack get the Logitech. Creative too will be a bit controlled for your choice IMO.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
A521 and A555U are not very different from A520? given the price-difference, i suppose not.

check some user-reviews of Z443 on amazon. one or two tell that it has more bass but less clarity.

ratul

█████████████████
i have a z506 with me, have auditioned SRS d9, and though i haven't heard z443, have auditioned z523, z623 and one thing is clear to me is that these speakers (logitechs) have more emphasis on lower range than other frequencies, i have to keep bass knob on my z506 less than half on music to have proper listening experience, bass was overpowering on every logitech speaker i have heard, SRS D9 was OK, but not that good, seeing the reviews, i'd vouch for C2, lose some bass for more overall musical clarity. Or increase your budget slightly and get Swans.

Hrishi

I have D9 and I can say that its leaned more towards the bass curve. The build quality , etc is good but it lacks clarity in movies. Don't buy it if you want clear mids/vocals. The satellites aren't very good.
I needed thumping bass+ clarity but was within strict budget. So I bought D9 and coupled it with my previous low bass Creative 2.1. Now it sounds balanced but needs coupling of speakers.

icebags

Technomancer
[MENTION=280536]shammisachdeva[/MENTION]

just another advice, dont forget a good sound card, onboard realtech just sounds so flat and blank. my creative xtremegamer card is 10 yrs old, and still bumps up the sound clarity & tightness to an other level compared to the onboard.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
[MENTION=280536]shammisachdeva[/MENTION]

just another advice, dont forget a good sound card, onboard realtech just sounds so flat and blank. my creative xtremegamer card is 10 yrs old, and still bumps up the sound clarity & tightness to an other level compared to the onboard.

i m going for edifier c2 plus after reading so much suggestions :)................okay so one final question can i go for a sound card or not ??? how is asus xonar dg ?? it is available for around rs. 1800....and another one is asus xonr dx which is available for around 4000 ( out of my budger :( )

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
yes go you can definitely for a sound card. if your budget falls in between 2k to 4k, look for a used xonar dx on forums, here, as well as on hifivision. else, dg it is.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
i m going for edifier c2 plus after reading so much suggestions :)................okay so one final question can i go for a sound card or not ??? how is asus xonar dg ?? it is available for around rs. 1800....and another one is asus xonr dx which is available for around 4000 ( out of my budger :( )

Xonar DG is absolute crap except for the front panel headphone amp output. If you have post 2010 motherboard with onboard realtek then be happy with it. However if you want better than the onboard realtek in true sense get the Xonar DX any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow I prefer Creative card's audio signature over a comparable Asus.

OP
S

shammisachdeva

Broken In
Xonar DG is absolute crap except for the front panel headphone amp output. If you have post 2010 motherboard with onboard realtek then be happy with it. However if you want better than the onboard realtek in true sense get the Xonar DX any day.

- - - Updated - - -

yup my system is pretty new and can handle games pretty much on high if not ultra........okay i will save money and buy dx in future......also one last query is that how should i place speakers and woofer ( and also amplifier ) on my computer table so that i can experience best possible sound quality......I m uploading my table pics. 20150526_152331_Richtone(HDR)~1.jpg

Minion

Conversation Architect

- - - Updated - - -

Asus Xonar DG is lot better than Realtek crap.

Top Bottom