N97 LAUNCHED

Coool

I'm Back!:D
Still No thread for N97:shock::shock::shock: Okay here it is :D

It was announced a couple of days ago that Nokia’s N97 was going to be out this month in 75 countries. India was of course one of them. Today the handset was showcased in Delhi in all its glory. Sadly though, there’s still no pricing attached to the device yet, which is quite annoying, considering there’s plenty of speculation going around about the heavy specs the handset is loaded with. For those of you who are still unaware of the features, I don’t see how, but here’s a quick recap.

The handset will run on an ARM 11 434 MHz processor on a Symbian OS (v9.4) with a Series 60 UI. It’s going to be ready for social networking and connectivity to Nokia’s new OVI store. Other features will include -
A 3.5-inch TFT resistive touchscreen, with 16M colors and a 360 x 640 pixel resolution
The screen has an accelerometer sensor for auto-rotating the display
Supports handwriting recognition
It has a slide out full QWERTY keyboard
3.5mm earphone socket that doubles up for a TV out for audio and video
Stereo FM radio with RDS, Visual Radio and an FM Transmitter
Bluetooth with A2DP and USB 2.0 (micro)
3G (with HSDPA), EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi
a 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics
GPS with A-GPS support, a Digital Compass and geotagging
32GB of internal storage as well as support for microSD cards
Pocket office preloaded
We’re estimating the handset to be worth approximately Rs. 36,000 give or take a few thousand and it’s more likely going to take a few. We’ll know soon enough so stay tuned.

*tech2.in.com/media/images/2009/Jun/img_148732_img_148002_img_101921_nokia-n97_450x360.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok so its price too compareble to SE x1 and HTC touch pro....but I still think it dont have the punch:twisted:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Outdated before it's launch. :| N97 just has 2-3 months to capture it's market.

Power UP

In the zone
As said above, outdated and overpriced. But then again there are people who will buy it even if it had an Arm9 264 mhz processor.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
high price.. plus it has resistive touch screen which is an old technology... must have gone for capacitive touch screen with AMOLED screen plus xenon flash...

but the overall experience is good, I heard.. hanging on for more user reviews.. plus price drop...

Tamoghno

Padawan
Coming from 5800 , i think that resistive touchscreen is not a big deal . And i prefer resistive because it allows for finer input with stylus , which is better in some cases like web browsing.

But i think this thing is gonna be smash hit. Given best multimedia capability in a sliding qwerty device and *comparatively *lower price point , and positioning as a *facebook* phone this should be a successful device

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
expecting xenon flash in n97.. stop dreaming? Its not there even in n86.. Still the hardware beneth is not that advanced as samsung omnia hd or se satio ..

Btw, where is n86?

varunjain852

Right off the assembly line
i am going to try my hands with this contest... it will be on for think digit ppl on 15th.. thats coming monday :razz:

u cud win a n97..

here's the link *www.searchforn.com/

kelly

Broken In
hey look what i found a whole list of widget and apps that will be pre-embedded in n97

*www.medianama.com/2009/06/223-indian-nokia-n97-apps-search-games-blogging-fitness-movies/

kelly

Broken In
@ varun.. that's difficult..

they also announced pre-booking today :razz:

it's now between winning a phone or buying it he he...
*www.nokialms.com/N97preorder/

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
They keyboard is pathetic according to reviews. LOL at Nokia for calling this a pocket computer. Even a "phone" has a better proccy than this one.

Top Bottom