N82 vs N79

Which would you choose between N82 & N79?

• N82

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • N79

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
WTF!!!

Old wine in anew bottle.2 announcements by SE in a couple of days and a big announcement later this month.

G705-mid end phone with wifi and gps
W705-mid end walkman with wifi and gps
Hicaro- 8mp smartphone with 16 gb memory
W905-Full Touch UIQ walkman

For ur kind information, this thread is related 2 N79 & N82...Don't go off topic by posts that r not related with the thread in any manner....Stay 2 the topic....U can start a similar thread for SE if u want....

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
For ur kind information, this thread is related 2 N79 & N82...Don't go off topic by posts that r not related with the thread in any manner....Stay 2 the topic....U can start a similar thread for SE if u want....

That's right. Its about time the moderators take a firm action against those hijacking threads with their fanboyism.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
WTF!!!

Old wine in anew bottle.
Hah! Look who's talking! SE is an all time champion in this 'Old Wine in New Bottle' formula.

K750-W800-W700-W810
K790i-K800-K810
K770-T650
M600-W950-P1-W960
G700-G900
K550-W610-W660
Z710-W710
Z555-W380
W850-W830-W580-S500-W910-W760-W585
W880-W890
C902-W902

And many more. Do you want me to continue? :D And you are accusing Nokia here. I hope you know that saying about people living in glass houses. :p

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dont get me started here...

I was talking of the design. Feature wise, there is a lot if diffence between the models you posted. Newaz...as i said, i dont want to argue with you over stupid points.

As per your idea I can simply jot down the N95 and the N82 and say that they are the same. You dont get me, do you...happing n00bing. ;). Me out of here.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I was talking of the design. Feature wise, there is a lot if diffence between the models you posted.
:D

You were talking of the design?!? You said 'Old wine in new bottle'. Which is supposed to mean Nokia put the same features in a different design, which is not false. But to show that Nokia is not the one doing it, I gave you quite a long list of SE phones which are essentially different looking phones with the same features. And you are saying there is a lot of difference between them. Tell me about all the lot of differences between K750, W800, W700 and W810i for example. :rolleyes:

I guess when SE does it, they are different. But when Nokia does it, it is 'Old wine in new bottle'. Way to go naab. :lol:

P.S.- Apologies to moderators for going frequently off-topic. But there are somethings which need to be taken care of properly and they had to be done then and there. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/74.png

Edburg

In the zone
@dreamcatcher i understand your likeness towars SE....but please shut the hell up with your rants...everyone know which is the better company right now and which one went down in revenue due to lackluster performance...atleast keep your opinions on SE related threads only....

again sorry for being off topic

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Cool down guys. :)

Anyways; as N82 has tremendous gaming possibilities; It should be possible to use a small controller with it; isnt it; a bluetooth controller? I mean using the keypad to play is so.. :neutral: .. And as you can join it to a TV; playing games on it with a controller would rock!! :D But sadly I am not aware of any such controller and hence I do not realize the need of a discrete graphics chip. Clear my doubts please. :neutral:

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
gaming with not a very good keypad is a let down....

:D

You were talking of the design?!? You said 'Old wine in new bottle'. Which is supposed to mean Nokia put the same features in a different design, which is not false. But to show that Nokia is not the one doing it, I gave you quite a long list of SE phones which are essentially different looking phones with the same features. And you are saying there is a lot of difference between them. Tell me about all the lot of differences between K750, W800, W700 and W810i for example. :rolleyes:

I guess when SE does it, they are different. But when Nokia does it, it is 'Old wine in new bottle'. Way to go naab. :lol:

P.S.- Apologies to moderators for going frequently off-topic. But there are somethings which need to be taken care of properly and they had to be done then and there. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/74.png

+1 ( kuch log bade se bada kaam ek +1 mein kar jaate hai :lol:)

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
Cool down guys. :)

Anyways; as N82 has tremendous gaming possibilities; It should be possible to use a small controller with it; isnt it; a bluetooth controller? I mean using the keypad to play is so.. :neutral: .. And as you can join it to a TV; playing games on it with a controller would rock!! :D But sadly I am not aware of any such controller and hence I do not realize the need of a discrete graphics chip. Clear my doubts please. :neutral:

*www.slashphone.com/nokia-zeemote-bring-controller-to-n-gage-and-s60-231370

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Can anyone tell me what is the proccy being used in N79? Does it have a better processor than N82????

And what will b the expected price of N79 on its launch??

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Can anyone tell me what is the proccy being used in N79? Does it have a better processor than N82????

And what will b the expected price of N79 on its launch??

Single CPU of ARM 11 - 369 Mhz
Source: *www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N79

N82 has a Dual CPU running at 332 Mhz.... so the proccy of N82 is better being a Dual CPU.

Expected price is 350 Euros. The E71 which was also announced at 350 Euros is selling for 20k. So the N79 should be 20k as well.... max 21k

mediator

Technomancer
Xenon flash definitely seems better than dual LED flash... Its straight now...If ur preference is photos then u must definitely buy N82..Otherwise go for N79 which has a lot of advantages over N82..

Advantages of N79 over N82:
1. N79 will come with express covers...
2. Keypad seems 2 b better..
3. 4 GB card will b bundled.So u can store more..
4. Lighter (97 g) than N82 (114 g)
5. Slimmer (but not much of difference)
6. Will come with touch sensitive Navi Wheel which is missing in N82..
7. And the biggest of all - N79 has Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI (the latest of all)

But Guys tell me one thing - Will N79 b launched in black color? A black colored mobile looks elegant..I haven't seen photos of N79 in black anywhere...:(
Can't we get that latest symbian OS installed on N82?

Power UP

In the zone
N79 has the same processor found in many other mid range phones "ARM 11 369 MHz".

N82 on the other hand has "Dual CPU ARM 11 332 MHz".

So its quite simple that N82 has a more powerful processor.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Can't we get that latest symbian OS installed on N82?

No this is not possible at all..

So, the N82's proccy is defintely better than N79's proccy and N79 is definitely gonna b priced more than N82..

This means majority of people will still buy N82 instead of N79 inspite of N79's better features in all depts. except camera...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
why are these two compared in the first place?

N82 should compete against N85

N79 should compete against N73.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom