My sister's FB and Yahoo accounts hacked. Need some legal help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Hello people, now I really need your help this time. My sister's Facebook and Yahoo accounts were hacked recently and when I try to recover the Yahoo account using alternate email, I find that the alternate email address had @yahoo.com instead of @yahoo.co.in (which was the extension of her alternate email). And when I tried to recover her FB account suing the FB's method (by giving security codes to three friends and then entering them) it gives an error and doesn't allow me to proceed further. I've sent an email to Mumbai CCIC but I thought you guys can really be of help to me. Please suggest me something.
The damn hacker even changed her FB log in email to another one...

PS -> No offensive content has been posted yet, so that's good. But the hacker has changed the email.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
If u really want to get back the logins just send a mail to their customer care...yahoo customer care is very friendly and will help u...I had faced similar problem and it got sorted by yahoo.com side.

Facebook I donno...u can try this on facebook too:smile:

OP
nisargshah95

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
If u really want to get back the logins just send a mail to their customer care...yahoo customer care is very friendly and will help u...I had faced similar problem and it got sorted by yahoo.com side.

Facebook I donno...u can try this on facebook too:smile:

Okies. I hope that works.
btw can you give me the links for customer care services. I can't find them.

rajeevk

Journeyman
Have you tried answering security question ? They give two options either recognize your friends picture or give security question. Try this if not tried yet.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I can try to be at your assistance for Facebook.
You can try reporting the person.

Make your sister's new Facebook account, using some other Email ID. Make new ID if she didn't had any alternate email address.
Then login from the sisters FB account.
Now, search for the actual sister's profile on facebook. If you can't find it through name, then post, I could help you in this regard.
After that profile has been found, click Report/Block This Person link below the profile pic.
There you would have the options, through which you can report through many options, which I have shown in the sample screenshot:
View attachment 4524

Try this, it may help.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
keylogger may be? check for it. Use a good antivirus like Avira AntiVir or ESET NOD32. (every other is crap as per my experience goes. (excluding Kaspersky))

There is not much you can do tbh.

OP
nisargshah95

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Have you tried answering security question ? They give two options either recognize your friends picture or give security question. Try this if not tried yet.
I'm yet to try it. I tried at first in which they send security codes to three friends which failed.

I can try to be at your assistance for Facebook.
You can try reporting the person.
Yes, my sister made a new account and I've reported the hacked account. Just hoping it gets disabled soon!

keylogger may be? check for it. Use a good antivirus like Avira AntiVir or ESET NOD32. (every other is crap as per my experience goes. (excluding Kaspersky))
Maybe. She uses a laptop so I don't know what she downloads. Will need to do a good scan.

rajeevk

Journeyman
Just reporting a profile from few persons does not make a sense. You need more than 50 persons to report that profile after which Facebook checks the account for deletion.

Tell everyone in your friend circle to report the profile.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just reporting a profile from few persons does not make a sense. You need more than 50 persons to report that profile after which Facebook checks the account for deletion.

Tell everyone in your friend circle to report the profile.

Hey hey!! :-D I think you need to rethink bro!

Will 50 person report someone, with the same reason:
"This is my profile, but I no longer have access to it" !!

(See this attachment, for the screenshot: )
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/community-discussions/4524-my-sisters-fb-yahoo-accounts-hacked-need-some-legal-help-reporting-profile.jpg

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

On a side note, most of my friends uselessly keep tagging on some cartoon images. Now how can you expect this to work here? Not all photos are tagged to actual photographs. Even Profile Pictures are mostly of celebrities.

Sarath

iDota
My bro's acc also got hacked along with gmail.
he used the 3 friends options and got the codes from. however as told above tagging cartoons is a pain in the when it comes to recognising friends.
It asks for another e mail id. I gave mine and the acc opened. It asks for new password. enter it and you have your new pass.

Dunno about yahoo.
Never got a response from gmail.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
On a side note, most of my friends uselessly keep tagging on some cartoon images. Now how can you expect this to work here? Not all photos are tagged to actual photographs. Even Profile Pictures are mostly of celebrities.

Yeah, that IS an irritating thing about facebook, and an inherent flaw that needs to be cured.
In the meanwhile, I try to keep myself away from such tags, by manually removing my tags. :(

OP
nisargshah95

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Yeah, that IS an irritating thing about facebook, and an inherent flaw that needs to be cured.
In the meanwhile, I try to keep myself away from such tags, by manually removing my tags. :(

Same here.
I just can't understand why don't these freaking social network-loving people stop doing that. They only want comments such as 'thx fr da tag!' in the lovely photo uploaded from Google Images!!

My mind just gets heated up!!!! God help those people....

Thread Closed: Thanks guys. I did what I could, but nothing could be done further so she made a new account and transfered all photos via fotobounce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom