My New Blog - The Smaller Bang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a web designing n00b, but I finally had the guts to decide to start a proper blog. Its titled The Smaller Bang, and its hosted in blogger. Please tell me how it is and please give me tips for its improvement.

*thesmallerbang.blogspot.com

I have posted only 3 posts till now, and my blog as of now is plain, empty and uncommented. I did manage to find a way(myself) to have categories in blogger, and I am extremely happy due to it.

Comments to help are welcome.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Black background is not suitable for reading. The words appeared more blurred on black background. So please change the background :) and I will suggest you have a color scheme revamp!

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Nice name... Change the font color.. It doesn't look good against a black background..

Black background is not suitable for reading. The words appeared more blurred on black background. So please change the background :) and I will suggest you have a color scheme revamp!
I thought Black Background adds to the overall look and feel.
I want a dark background coupled with bright text.
^^Nice name... Change the font color.. It doesn't look good against a black background..
OK, will change.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I like the black background... Looks nice, but its true that you cant read very long articles with that background..

mastermunj

In the zone
make fonts little lighter as suggested by nvidia..

and put several more labels which makes sense about your post..

try using space on right near welcome line, category and archieves.. later on u can put ads below it to make ur blog an earning blog :D

hows it now ? I tried white on black

make fonts little lighter as suggested by nvidia..

and put several more labels which makes sense about your post..

try using space on right near welcome line, category and archieves.. later on u can put ads below it to make ur blog an earning blog :D
The palace to the right and left is left blank by google. No idea why. Guess the theme is that way :(

Last edited:

mastermunj

In the zone
try arranging things and see different combinations... later u can change fonts suitable to ur arrangements... design ur page nicely so that u can use maximum space of it for showing variety of information...

remember, more the ads mixed with ur content more are chances to get clicks and earnings.. this is if you plan to put ad on ur blog..

mastermunj

In the zone
decent... do one thing... keep this one as it is..

create a new blog one for testing...and make all ur research and new changes in that one..

once u feel that now it is fine to make those changes live... make them appear on your this blow..

this way u will have a live blog and one development blog...

decent... do one thing... keep this one as it is..

create a new blog one for testing...and make all ur research and new changes in that one..

once u feel that now it is fine to make those changes live... make them appear on your this blow..

this way u will have a live blog and one development blog...
instead, I can just export the blog template (with customisation) as an XML Doccument and download it.

Hows greenish look for a tech blog ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Nice, though I would strongly recommend going for a self owned one. The money spent will be worth it. Off course you might come across times where you will have to just throw 149/- as charity but the thrill of having your own thing is a great high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom